Legalizing Drugs Eliminates The Black Market

Smoked pot for 50 years. Quit a year ago for health reasons. Found out in 1983 that every bag I ever bought was from a deep cover confidential informant. The police thought that I was supposed to be angry about it. Not so. I just considered them to be politically protected drug dealers. I didn't have a problem with it. The only real problem is that the police are making all the money off of it and none of the money is going to schools, hospitals, roads and bridges and a thousand other things that would be far better uses for that money.

How would you know? Legal stores for other products have some pretty deplorable wares for sale. Just because it didn't happen to you yet, doesn't mean it won't in the future or hasn't happened to someone else already.
because i go there dumbass....they dont pack the pot in gasoline....

Well, you're paying more for reasons....Not judging one way or the other here, just pointing out that the black market weed will almost always be lest costly.
why would i go and buy it illegally when i can go down the street to a store and get what i want legally?...and it aint that much more....like i said an 8th for 30-60 bucks...depending on its potency...

I have bought their over hyped finely manicured weed and it's no better than my Shaggy and Scoopy homegrown.
you grow your own.....the illegal guy you dont know if its decent or shit...and if its crap....then you got to find someone else....no thanks, those days are over, ill go down to the store...

Good for you. If the goal of legal grass is a reduction in the illegal trade, the key is to keep the prices reasonable. Otherwise, the opening will remain open for gangsters, peddling bootleg dope and stuff that fell out of the back of trucks.

If the price is low enough for you, then your jurisdiction is doing what it can do to promote illegal grass.

But a lot of US jurisdictions have confiscatory level taxation on the whacky tobacky, which opens the door to the criminal element.
fall out of the back of trucks?....

Big Pharma does not want you to be able to use drugs they do not sell.

GROW IT YOURSELF AND GET BENEFITS?

NO WAY! BUY FROM BIG PHARMA ONLY!

They took NMN off the OTC market to fellate Big Pharma.

NMN is so good, Pharma wants to make it prescription only.

The fancy dispensaries in the city are pricey. Shopping mall rents, high end store fixtures and lots of staff. We have a funky little walk in around the corner with low rents, thrift store fixtures, and three people working there. Very cheap!

If they want to really make grass accessible, they should just sell it at the local Sheetz or Walmart, and stock it in the cookies and snack aisle.

The idea of only allowing marijuana to be pushed in special "dispensaries" is a real turn off

Not. I always hear lefties say we need to legalize drugs to eliminate the black market. But, apparently, they are wrong about that. Who would have ever guessed?

it eliminates the "over" black market, that occurs when something is banned or very very rare.

What government has done is create an "under" black market, that provides goods for lower than the regulated price.

If they want to really make grass accessible, they should just sell it at the local Sheetz or Walmart, and stock it in the cookies and snack aisle.

The idea of only allowing marijuana to be pushed in special "dispensaries" is a real turn off
why is that?.....you dont smoke it.....

but its much better pot.....no seeds and very few stems....so you pay a few dollars more.....
What's funny is seeing the <insert favorite term for young males trying to impress their buddies> insist they want to buy the strongest flower they can get but won't go for the vape that's 3 times as strong and doesn't leave you coughing.

why is that?.....you dont smoke it.....

I might decide to start, as well as millions of others who don't want to make a separate trip.

Putting it in the stores people like to go in, instead of forcing a special trip to a snooty "dispensary" makes it easier for the people. And a place like Walmart could also sell fancy bongs to smoke it in.

1706796046162.png

Hahahaha.

I might decide to start, as well as millions of others who don't want to make a separate trip.

Putting it in the stores people like to go in, instead of forcing a special trip to a snooty "dispensary" makes it easier for the people. And a place like Walmart could also sell fancy bongs to smoke it in.
snooty?.....yep you have never been in one....

Growing your own knocks out both the retail bs as the BM. Get some high quality seeds, set up a little room with a nice grow led fixture and you'll never go back to either.

it eliminates the "over" black market, that occurs when something is banned or very very rare.

What government has done is create an "under" black market, that provides goods for lower than the regulated price.
Yup. The idiots didn't think it through that when you legalize it, charge taxes on it, etc. the legal cost for it is going to be higher than the black market cost, which defeats the whole purpose.

Yup. The idiots didn't think it through that when you legalize it, charge taxes on it, etc. the legal cost for it is going to be higher than the black market cost, which defeats the whole purpose.

One plus side is that the "under" black market doesn't have the profit margins that make violence worth it to keep your market share (or take another's market share).

The State governments could fix it easily by cutting the fees and excise taxes, but they are too stupid usually to figure it out.

If the states only had reasonable taxes on grass- like state sales tax, and didn't require special licenses to import or sell the dope, the prices would be a lot lower and the black market would disappear.

If the states only had reasonable taxes on grass- like state sales tax, and didn't require special licenses to import or sell the dope, the prices would be a lot lower and the black market would disappear.
These people never figure it out that when the government gets involved in anything, chaos results.

Forum List

Back