Legalizing Drugs Puts Drug Dealers Out Of Business

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
NOT

Wasn't that the argument? Legalize drugs and the unlawful dealers will go belly up? California has proven otherwise. Of course who would have ever thought that legalizing drugs and putting huge taxes on them would lead to the continuation of the illegal drug market because people could buy them illegally for cheaper than buying them legally?

NOT

Wasn't that the argument? Legalize drugs and the unlawful dealers will go belly up? California has proven otherwise. Of course who would have ever thought that legalizing drugs and putting huge taxes on them would lead to the continuation of the illegal drug market because people could buy them illegally for cheaper than buying them legally?

Already happened in Colorado years ago....I always told the "legalize and tax it" dimwits this would happen, but they were too baked to make the connection.

"Legalize and let people do what they want" is more the route to go....Taxing something that people can grow in their closet is dopey.

NOT

Tax evasion should always be applauded regardless who is doing it.

Decriminalization of pot, cocaine, meth, heroin, and LSD didn't work out very well for Mexico. That place is a worse shithole than in was in 2009.

I'm just sayin'.
Legitimate businesses don't run the trade in Mexico.....The other half of the legalization argument is to put the manufacture in the hands of legitimate businesses and regulate them like liquor is.

Though not a perfect solution, perfection cannot ever be an option.

Its the high grass taxes and other restrictions and licenses that the greedy politicians put on the trade that makes this racket so inviting to gangsters. Put a display of grass on the end cap of the cookie aisle at Walmart and just charge the usual sales tax on the product, and the motivation to go through the hassle of selling it on the streets will be over.

You don't see juvies selling other products that are displayed and sold like that behind the local 711.

Its the high grass taxes and other restrictions and licenses that the greedy politicians put on the trade that makes this racket so inviting to gangsters. Put a display of grass on the end cap of the cookie aisle at Walmart and just charge the usual sales tax on the product, and the motivation to go through the hassle of selling it on the streets will be over.

You don't see juvies selling other products that are displayed and sold like that behind the local 711.
In MN, they offered an absurdly low number of licenses and a non-refundable $30,000 application fee.

And they wonder why guys like me refer to them as racketeers.

Legitimate businesses don't run the trade in Mexico.....The other half of the legalization argument is to put the manufacture in the hands of legitimate businesses and regulate them like liquor is.

Though not a perfect solution, perfection cannot ever be an option.

Liquor is reasonably taxed, the government isn't that greedy. Last time I looked, a handle of tremendous Russian vodka is only priced at $9.59, and that's a government owned liquor store here in Pennsylvania. I'm sure its less where its sold through the free market, but even here they don't look to schlong you.

The price of grass in states where its legal is out of sight in comparison.

Liquor is reasonably taxed, the government isn't that greedy. Last time I looked, a handle of tremendous Russian vodka is only priced at $9.59, and that's a government owned liquor store here in Pennsylvania. I'm sure its less where its sold through the free market, but even here they don't look to schlong you.

The price of grass in states where its legal is out of sight in comparison.
You seen the rate of liquor taxation in WA?...It's beyond absurd.

Fentanyl is intriguing. The kids growing up in the late 60's and 1970's would be feasting on that drug as the costs are reasonable, I have read.

In MN, they offered an absurdly low number of licenses and a non-refundable $30,000 application fee.

And they wonder why guys like me refer to them as racketeers.

The problem is that the politicians made promises to the voters that legal grass was going to mean major tax relief for the people.

Even though this was a lie, they knew that high taxes and especially licensing would satisfy their greed.

The other half of the legalization equation is to quit dragging people to jail for simple pot possession like it's a dangerous drug. Who cares if someone grows it on the side? That ought to be legal too.

Fentanyl is intriguing. The kids growing up in the late 60's and 1970's would be feasting on that drug as the costs are reasonable, I have read.
The "war" on (some) drugs actually makes drugs like Fentanyl and crack cocaine possible, where they probably wouldn't exist otherwise.

Liquor stores devote the most floor space to beer and wine....Liquor is 3rd, and almost nobody buys PGA.

The other half of the legalization equation is to quit dragging people to jail for simple pot possession like it's a dangerous drug. Who cares if someone grows it on the side? That ought to be legal too.

If someone finds a brick of grass that fell off a truck, even in states where its legal, they are going to probably still got to jail.

Decriminalize it instead.

NOT

You can thank democrats for that.

They won't let the free market dictate price, instead every year they tax it more and more driving up the cost at shops. Democrats have a golden goose and just like with gas taxes out here they have a way to infinite glitch money out of citizens

Forum List

Back