Legalized Weed Linked to Spike in Car Crashes

More straight people crash their cars than any category.

Please try again.
More unimpaired straight people are on the road than motorists under the influence of weed. Statistically they will be in more accidents but not due to driving while in a brain altered state.

Straight drivers have to share the roads with all sorts of less than competent drivers and that includes lovers of the weed.

"A review of 60 studies presented in 1995 at the International Conference on Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety found that marijuana impairs all the cognitive abilities needed for safe driving, including tracking, motor coordination, visual function and divided attention."

Posting while impaired? Please try again.
To most people, weed isn't an impairment, it's an enhancement! :biggrin:

every band I was in smoked pot before going on stage.

every band I ever KNEW smoked pot before going on stage.

My friends and I use to smoke pot and play baseball, basketball, football

I have a friend who smokes pot after supper, retires to his work room and starts building the most beautiful pieces of furniture!

and don't get me started on the aphrodisiac properties of pot......

Conservatives are loath to let go of the most successful scare tactic in American history, the dope smoking hippie, in spite of the fact that they smoke pot too.

Like the two head on collisions and hitting a tree all between age 18 and the time I joined the military at 19 when I was drunk. Have driven very fews times in my life while high on weed but never even came close to an incident.
Your anecdotal experiences count for very little.

well

then we better become a nanny state and have big government make laws against pot and alcohol.

Love to see the govt ban alcohol.

There are any number of dry counties and dry civil subdivisions here in America.

You should have no problem seeing how it works

dry counties.....where you can't buy alcohol so you go to the NEXT county, buy it and bring it home.

To most people, weed isn't an impairment, it's an enhancement!
By "most people" you mean weed smokers...right? The thread shows an up tick in pot related crashes which endangers everyone. That's not good. Does weed allow you to suspend
your sense of responsibility, assuming you have one?

Conservatives are loath to let go of the most successful scare tactic in American history, the dope smoking hippie, in spite of the fact that they smoke pot too.

Hey, I only smoked grass one time . Only once. I didn't know what I was doing, I was on cocaine.

Is this where we get to hear small government conservatives argue for the nanny state?

I am far more concerned with the drunks, cell phone users, and idiots who just don't obey or know simple driving rules. The roads in my area are most dangerous during rush hour when hurried, road raged, stressed sober idiots turn our roads into fucking NASCAR everyday.
Yeah, so why add to the problems ??

1. Unfortunately, too many people are irresponsible idiots. I don't mind people smoking, but if you drive while high, you will be impaired.
2. I don't think that pot impairs driving as badly as alcohol, but that doesn't really matter, as both certainly DO impair driving ability to some extent.
3. It's funny that different posters seem to think that pot is stronger now, or that it was stronger in the past
4. One thing to keep in mind is that there may also be an increase in tourists to the states with legalized weed, which could have something to do with the increase in crashes, too.
5. Someone said something about people being unlikely to drink. Really? That argument is pretty out there. People have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years and show no sign of stopping.

If you get high, don't drive. You might not be as impaired as a drunk driver, but you are still impaired.

I never liked having to drive stoned because you think you're whizzing along and look down to discover you're going 33 mph on the Northway. Oops.
When I get stuck behind someone going 30 in a 55 mph zone, and that person is not a gray hair, I know I'm stuck behind a stoner.

I doubt very much if more people are smoking here than were before it became legal. They were all smoking before it became legal. Now they don't have to worry about a fine, that's the only difference.

so is all the booze meth heroin crack when it's all done together.

The pot hating companies who want their booze to sell more than pot will push this bs lie.. My ass it's increased they are dreaminng up nnew ways to make the IDIOTS pay via taxes because OMFG the pot is causinng crashes.

they did the same thing with smokes ppl pay attention WHEN CDC FDA START YELLING THIS BS IT IS SO THEY CAN SCARE THE IDIOTS TAKE CONTROL TAX IT RAISE THE PRICES AND WHO MAKES BIG MONEY OFF " CONTROL" ALL THE GOV. ENTITIES FOLLOW THE MONNEYEEEEEEEEEE.

Hey, I only smoked grass one time . Only once. I didn't know what I was doing, I was on cocaine.
I think you are trying to make a joke, not very funny though.
1. Unfortunately, too many people are irresponsible idiots. I don't mind people smoking, but if you drive while high, you will be impaired.
2. I don't think that pot impairs driving as badly as alcohol, but that doesn't really matter, as both certainly DO impair driving ability to some extent.
3. It's funny that different posters seem to think that pot is stronger now, or that it was stronger in the past
4. One thing to keep in mind is that there may also be an increase in tourists to the states with legalized weed, which could have something to do with the increase in crashes, too.
5. Someone said something about people being unlikely to drink. Really? That argument is pretty out there. People have been drinking alcohol for thousands of years and show no sign of stopping.

If you get high, don't drive. You might not be as impaired as a drunk driver, but you are still impaired.
Going to tell some secrets here. The level of impairment on pot is dependent on experience. I build custom furniture on the side. I love to get a good buzz and run lumber through the saw. Been doing it for thirty years and I still have all my fingers. The same thing goes for driving while high, some people can do it just fine.

some marijuana revenue should be used for better and possibly free, public transportation.

What makes you think that there will be a significant amount of net marijuana revenue?

Most of it will be needed for tax enforcement
why would it be any worse than tobacco, once it becomes as convenient?

Cigarettes are a major law enforcement problem you know.

But grass will be worse, as growing your own and rolling your own are things that are already known about. There is already a massive infrastructure in existence for the marijuana black market, chains of supply, trained processors, pushers,

some marijuana revenue should be used for better and possibly free, public transportation.

What makes you think that there will be a significant amount of net marijuana revenue?

Most of it will be needed for tax enforcement
why would it be any worse than tobacco, once it becomes as convenient?

Cigarettes are a major law enforcement problem you know.

But grass will be worse, as growing your own and rolling your own are things that are already known about. There is already a massive infrastructure in existence for the marijuana black market, chains of supply, trained processors, pushers,
seems like more of an inter-State problem than an intra-State problem.

personally, i have no problem selling to a pot shop than to direct consumers.

Forum List

Back