Legalized Weed Linked to Spike in Car Crashes

Is this where we get to hear small government conservatives argue for the nanny state?

I am far more concerned with the drunks, cell phone users, and idiots who just don't obey or know simple driving rules. The roads in my area are most dangerous during rush hour when hurried, road raged, stressed sober idiots turn our roads into fucking NASCAR everyday.

I notice that the DOPER aged youngsters can't even properly count change when I buy coffee at these little 'coffee kiosks' scattered throughout the USA and locally . [its funny] Also notice that there is lots of dope smoking going on in cars as I just observe drivers in cars with little smokeless pipes puffing away . I mostly ride a motorcycle and one day I expect / anticipate one of these DOPERS to modify my bike and me with a rear end collision .
It's also negatively impacting the job market and/or labor industries in this country as well. These kids would rather do drugs than work because they are to good for work now (their mom's told them so).
Hippies did that in the 60s then grew up to run wall street.
How many didn't make it huh ???? Try to be real here.
The only people that age asking for handouts on the streets are veterans. And alcoholics.
Please try again.

More straight people crash their cars than any category.

Please try again.
More unimpaired straight people are on the road than motorists under the influence of weed. Statistically they will be in more accidents but not due to driving while in a brain altered state.

Straight drivers have to share the roads with all sorts of less than competent drivers and that includes lovers of the weed.

"A review of 60 studies presented in 1995 at the International Conference on Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety found that marijuana impairs all the cognitive abilities needed for safe driving, including tracking, motor coordination, visual function and divided attention."

Posting while impaired? Please try again.

The Legalization of Grass is being made to seem like a Fiscal panacea for states.

This, as this proves again, is a load of Shit.

Higher insurance premiums is another way people are going to pay for this. And most of the taxes collected on grass will be used for enforcement of the tax.

Yes, but the number of people walking around and driving around while loaded on grass has increased exponentially in areas where it is now legal.
Lets see the numbers. Here's some

"That nearly 1.6 percent growth rate put Denver's population at 716,492. ... But the city's average net increase of 921 people per month during that period pales in comparison with the 1,566-a-month growth rate in 2014-15, the high-water mark of the last decade.Apr 18, 2019"

Gee who woulda guessed

That's because the modern dope smoker is now mostly a young liberal inexperienced weenie. They can't handle the stuff. Back in the day, we used to smoke stuff that would kill a buzzard and go right on with our business like it was nothing, and we drove far bigger cars with twice the horsepower and without 100 safety devices to protect you.

While there are many young people smoking, eating, etc I see more over 60 in the dispensaries.

More straight people crash their cars than any category.

Please try again.
More unimpaired straight people are on the road than motorists under the influence of weed. Statistically they will be in more accidents but not due to driving while in a brain altered state.

Straight drivers have to share the roads with all sorts of less than competent drivers and that includes lovers of the weed.

"A review of 60 studies presented in 1995 at the International Conference on Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety found that marijuana impairs all the cognitive abilities needed for safe driving, including tracking, motor coordination, visual function and divided attention."

Posting while impaired? Please try again.
To most people, weed isn't an impairment, it's an enhancement! :biggrin:

Regardless of the OP.
A driver under the influence of any substance is covered under existing DUI laws.
Unless the OP is arguing for more government regulation of human behavior. Like the widely successful hands free device laws passed in many states that drivers already ignore.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back