Legalize discrimination for same sex weddings

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
Discriminating against providing services for same sex weddings should be legal, with the stipulation that businesses must conspicuously provide notice on their physical storefronts and websites. This solution should be preferred by both conservatives and liberals alike.

I'm a wedding professional and the three most common questions prospective clients ask me (in order) are the following:

Are you available on this date?
What is your price?
Do you serve same sex weddings?

I am more than happy to provide service to same sex couples. I probably lose 1 prospect a month because of the first question. I lose 2-3 prospects a month because of my answer to the second question. I have never lost a booking because of my answer to the third question. Willingness to serve same sex couples has become the single most ubiquitous expectation among engaged couples in the market for wedding services. Approximately 75% of today's client market will refuse to do business with a vendor who is unwilling to serve same sex couples; though most report that they did not think to ask most of their vendors.

So let's let the money do the speaking.

I do not like your stipulation.

Government should of stayed out of the marriage scheme to begin with.

• Banned
I do not like your stipulation.

Government should of stayed out of the marriage scheme to begin with.

Is it really such an infringement? If really have a sincere belief in opposition to same sex marriage, why would they not want everyone to know?

RWNJ traitors need to get busy changing the constitution/Declaration of Independence. We need to insert the word "EXCEPT" any place we don't like somebody.

The 1st Amendment which guarantees freedom of religion trumps (pardon the pun) the supreme court decision that legalized sodomite weddings. You could say that the 95% of Americans and small mom and pop businesses who view "same sex weddings" as abhorrent are being discriminated against if they are threatened with arrest when they refuse to be a part of sodomite weddings. Who is the victim here?

Discriminating against providing services for same sex weddings should be legal, with the stipulation that businesses must conspicuously provide notice on their physical storefronts and websites. This solution should be preferred by both conservatives and liberals alike.

I'm a wedding professional and the three most common questions prospective clients ask me (in order) are the following:

Are you available on this date?
What is your price?
Do you serve same sex weddings?

I am more than happy to provide service to same sex couples. I probably lose 1 prospect a month because of the first question. I lose 2-3 prospects a month because of my answer to the second question. I have never lost a booking because of my answer to the third question. Willingness to serve same sex couples has become the single most ubiquitous expectation among engaged couples in the market for wedding services. Approximately 75% of today's client market will refuse to do business with a vendor who is unwilling to serve same sex couples; though most report that they did not think to ask most of their vendors.

So let's let the money do the speaking.
I'm really surprised at that.

Unconstitutional things cannot be made legal once the supreme court says something is unconstitutional.

The 1st Amendment which guarantees freedom of religion trumps (pardon the pun) the supreme court decision that legalized sodomite weddings. You could say that the 95% of Americans and small mom and pop businesses who view "same sex weddings" as abhorrent are being discriminated against if they are threatened with arrest when they refuse to be a part of sodomite weddings. Who is the victim here?

Obviously, you are.

:itsok:

Is it really such an infringement? If really have a sincere belief in opposition to same sex marriage, why would they not want everyone to know?

This nation is being choked on infringements. While this may be one minor infringement, it is feeding a larger problem.

It is lawyer bait. Evidence of a state that is beginning to regulate every little detail of our personal and professional lives.

SwimExpert what kind of area do you live in?

Can you give a description of whether it's country town or inner city? progressive? non-progressive? white, multiracial or other? repub, dem?

Obviously, you are.

:itsok:
His usage of the word sodomite was hilarious.

Mmmmmm....sodomy.

Mmmmmm....sodomy.
White power!

Straight people like to sodomize too.

Half of these uptight morons don't even know that getting a hummer is sodomy.

Hell, they probably don't know what a "hummer" is, outside of a gas-guzzling, gaudy SUV. Loosen up and get laid, people!

This nation is being choked on infringements. While this may be one minor infringement, it is feeding a larger problem.

It is lawyer bait. Evidence of a state that is beginning to regulate every little detail of our personal and professional lives.
No one really gives a shit if haters feel infringed upon. Most of us go through our entire lives and never even bump up against laws meant to end discrimination.

No one really gives a shit if haters feel infringed upon. Most of us go through our entire lives and never even bump up against laws meant to end discrimination.

It is lawyer bait.

It is irrelevant whether or not they are actually racist, because the law is going to paint them as one either way.

Anyways, do you really believe your discrimination laws are actually working towards ending discrimination? Clearly they are making matters worse, and this is to be suspected since racism and bigotry is always founded on politicization.

Forum List

Back