Legalize discrimination for same sex weddings

Unconstitutional things cannot be made legal once the supreme court says something is unconstitutional.
You mean because of the illegal Ruling Obergefell, the 1st Amendment is no longer constitutional? You're joking, right?

how do you figure?

Because overbearing nanny states suck.

Why do you want the state to play social police?

government gives the right to marry and the legal rights and obligations coming from that status.

Government does not give rights. It gives entitlements.

No government can stop you from declaring matrimony. Legal marriage provides no justified legal "rights," and those obligations you speak of are called taxes.

Public accommodations laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, or sexual orientation exist as commercial regulatory policy, ensuring the integrity of local markets and all other interrelated markets.

Government does not create integrity. It only enforces its own distorted version of honesty, and that is pretty funny considering the state is the most dishonest institution in existence.

Even if they do ensure integrity, they still lead to racism and bigotry through the politicization of social conflict.

What do you have besides conjecture?

-Commerce Clause jurisprudence authorizes state and local governments to safeguard the markets and protect against their disruption, where allowing businesses to discriminate based on race, religion, or sexual orientation would indeed be disruptive to the markets:

In doing so, it forces more market disruption and conditions greater discrimination.

The government is elected by the people. They aren't an independent group with their own goals. If you don't like what they do, then vote them out. That is how our system works. Didn't you pay any attention when that was taught in Jr. High?

SwimExpert what kind of area do you live in?

Can you give a description of whether it's country town or inner city? progressive? non-progressive? white, multiracial or other? repub, dem?

It's a place. Main population is people.
oh VERY helpful.

NOT.

I really don't understand what more you're looking for, or why.
why?
Because I'm a flaming queen and these things interest me.

What I'm looking for...

1. country town, suburb or inner city?

2. progressive? non-progressive?

3. white, multiracial or other?

4. repub, dem?

Please answer each of the four questions regarding the demographics of your area of business.

I don't see how any of that is relevant to the subject at hand.

I do not like your stipulation.

Government should of stayed out of the marriage scheme to begin with.

Is it really such an infringement? If really have a sincere belief in opposition to same sex marriage, why would they not want everyone to know?

I agree with Onyx on this one. The law itself now makes no sense.

There is no rational basis to exclude anyone from forming this partnership regardless of family status, number of participants not number of licensed anyone can have

The only two rational limitations would be, legal age and competency.

The government is elected by the people.

False.

The government is elected by money and media.

They aren't an independent group with their own goals.

Every individual in politics wants recognition, power, or money.

Don't be naive. Do you really believe someone pursues a career in politics out of a selfless and kind heart?

f you don't like what they do, then vote them out. That is how our system works. Didn't you pay any attention when that was taught in Jr. High?

I dropped out of school.

Government education did a real number on you.

Is it really such an infringement? If really have a sincere belief in opposition to same sex marriage, why would they not want everyone to know?

There is no rational basis to exclude anyone from forming this partnership regardless of family status, number of participants not number of licensed anyone can have

Okay, that made absolutely no sense. I never said anything about forbidding same sex marriage. I am talking about businesses being obligated to serve them.

The government is elected by the people.

False.

The government is elected by money and media.

They aren't an independent group with their own goals.

Every individual in politics wants recognition, power, or money.

Don't be naive. Do you really believe someone pursues a career in politics out of a selfless and kind heart?

f you don't like what they do, then vote them out. That is how our system works. Didn't you pay any attention when that was taught in Jr. High?

I dropped out of school.

Government education did a real number on you.

If you have a problem with what you think is their reason for being in politics, then don't vote for them.

SwimExpert what kind of area do you live in?

Can you give a description of whether it's country town or inner city? progressive? non-progressive? white, multiracial or other? repub, dem?

It's a place. Main population is people.
oh VERY helpful.

NOT.

I really don't understand what more you're looking for, or why.
why?
Because I'm a flaming queen and these things interest me.

What I'm looking for...

1. country town, suburb or inner city?

2. progressive? non-progressive?

3. white, multiracial or other?

4. repub, dem?

Please answer each of the four questions regarding the demographics of your area of business.

I don't see how any of that is relevant to the subject at hand.
Can you please indulge me? I'd like to know for personal reasons. Even if you want to pm me.

If you have a problem with what you think is their reason for being in politics, then don't vote for them.

All politicians are self absorbed or greedy.

Whether I vote or not, a self absorbed or greedy politician is going to come into power.

Lol.

I motion that you just stop prying into the personal lives of others.
Then you motion that the personal lives of the majority set the rule in each state. Majority says "no father or mother? No marriage".

Majority says "no father or mother? No marriage".

Majority rule is as shitty as minority rule.

The stupefied majority is too stupid to govern over the enlightened minority.
Well if 3 thugs mug you for your wallet, your powerful minority of one can just fend for yourself. You want the majority's protection? You play by the rules of democracy.

Majority says "no father or mother? No marriage".

Majority rule is as shitty as minority rule.

The stupefied majority is too stupid to govern over the enlightened minority.
Well if 3 thugs mug you for your wallet, your powerful minority of one can just fend for yourself. You want the majority's protection? You play by the rules of democracy.

....except that in your analogy, the rules of democracy are for you to give up your wallet to the thugs.

What if my religious beliefs prevent me from being to work before 10 am. Then my employer should comply with that.

What if my religious beliefs prevent me from being to work before 10 am. Then my employer should comply with that.

Oh, that's different. Religious freedom only applies to same sex marriage. And only if you hate it.

Okay, that made absolutely no sense. I never said anything about forbidding same sex marriage. I am talking about businesses being obligated to serve them.

Yet my response was to Onyx.

Why mandate service to a partnership that has no rational legal basis to exist in the first place?

If this same baker refused to bake a cake for the formation of an LLC, there would be no basis for a lawsuit.

This may come as a surprise to you, but since Obergfell, as supported by Windsor, marriage is simply a financial arrangement between two persons for whatever they want the arrangement to represent.

There is no reasoning within the law as to why the number is limited to two, not why the members must not be too closely related.

Perplexing to say the least, don't ya think?

Forum List

Back