Legalization of Marijuana

The Govt has already shown they oppose second hand tobacco smoke by forcing their users to special places in buildings or even far away from buildings outside.

The genie is out of the bottle with tobacco so it's hard to make it illegal now. Also, tobacco hasn't been linked to brain and nervous system damage like marijuana so it's a lesser drug.

If marijuana is sold alongside tobacco in stores, odds are most people will swap tobacco for marijuana unless there is some huge gap in price. Why smoke tobacco when marijuana gives you a bigger high with the feeling of sucking in the smoke?

If marijuana users would sign away their rights to use medical, social welfare and psychology services once they choose to use marijuana....then I would have no problem letting them ruin their lives smoking marijuana.

Just stay out of the hospital, welfare and psychology facility when you end up with the side effects/problems from using marijuana.

Also, if you harm or endanger others when high in public, then you should also go to jail for a long, long time. Like say you drive "high" around town and get caught. A decade or more in a jail would do the trick since you want to use an illegal drug and possibly hurt other people.

That would be our deal with you....

That all sounds good, but by that logic cigarette smokers then should be held accountable for deaths of non-smokers who died of lung cancer due to second hand smoke. Isn't that putting the public at risk as well? Should the government then make cigarettes illegal?

Last edited:
So much for your BBC mockumentary...

Of course, there was a fatal flaw with The Lancet‘s argument — one that, oddly enough, every single MSM outlet failed to mention. Empirical data did not support the investigators’ hypothesis that smoking marijuana was associated with increased rates of schizophrenia or other mental illnesses among the general public — a fact that even the authors begrudgingly admitted when they declared, “Projected trends for schizophrenia incidence have not paralleled trends in cannabis use over time.”

Which brings us to 2009.

Two years after The Lancet‘s dire predictions, a team of researchers at the Keele University Medical School have once and for all put the ‘pot-and-mental illness’ claims to the test. Writing in a forthcoming edition of the scientific journal Schizophrenia Research, they compare long-term trends in marijuana use and incidences of schizophrenia and/or psychoses in the United Kingdom. And what do they find?

“[T]he expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders. … This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence.”

Study Debunks Claim That Pot Smoking Causes Mental Illness | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

Legalizing marijuana in California didn't hurt the drug cartels. It helped them. It helped them so much, that the cartels were bribing city officials to let them have a permit to open cartel owned dispensaries.

California city official to admit taking bribes over pot dispensaries | Reuters

(Reuters) - A third former official in the Los Angeles suburb of Cudahy will plead guilty to accepting a $7,000 bribe for agreeing to support a medical marijuana dispensary in the small city, federal prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Turns out that in your article the briber was an FBI agent and nowhere was there a mention of any 'cartel' involvement.

If your position is right why do you feel the need to lie?

You might have a point IF the city official KNEW that the bribe offering came from an undercover FBI informant. Of course he wouldn't have accepted the bribe then.

If legalized marijuana was such a benefit, Los Angeles would not have closed the dispensaries. It's still legal to grow your own, or share it in a co-op. It just has to be free.

You've still shown NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER to any 'cartel' involvement.

Again, why do you feel the need to lie?

Shocking some potheads claim otherwise via some blog.

Next, you'll be using that man love boy organization proof that pedophiles aren't bad people. :eusa_whistle:

Of course, there was a fatal flaw with The Lancet‘s argument — one that, oddly enough, every single MSM outlet failed to mention. Empirical data did not support the investigators’ hypothesis that smoking marijuana was associated with increased rates of schizophrenia or other mental illnesses among the general public — a fact that even the authors begrudgingly admitted when they declared, “Projected trends for schizophrenia incidence have not paralleled trends in cannabis use over time.”

Which brings us to 2009.

Two years after The Lancet‘s dire predictions, a team of researchers at the Keele University Medical School have once and for all put the ‘pot-and-mental illness’ claims to the test. Writing in a forthcoming edition of the scientific journal Schizophrenia Research, they compare long-term trends in marijuana use and incidences of schizophrenia and/or psychoses in the United Kingdom. And what do they find?

“[T]he expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders. … This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence.”

Study Debunks Claim That Pot Smoking Causes Mental Illness | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

The Govt has already shown they oppose second hand tobacco smoke by forcing their users to special places in buildings or even far away from buildings outside.

The genie is out of the bottle with tobacco so it's hard to make it illegal now. Also, tobacco hasn't been linked to brain and nervous system damage like marijuana so it's a lesser drug.

If marijuana is sold alongside tobacco in stores, odds are most people will swap tobacco for marijuana unless there is some huge gap in price. Why smoke tobacco when marijuana gives you a bigger high with the feeling of sucking in the smoke?

If marijuana users would sign away their rights to use medical, social welfare and psychology services once they choose to use marijuana....then I would have no problem letting them ruin their lives smoking marijuana.

Just stay out of the hospital, welfare and psychology facility when you end up with the side effects/problems from using marijuana.

Also, if you harm or endanger others when high in public, then you should also go to jail for a long, long time. Like say you drive "high" around town and get caught. A decade or more in a jail would do the trick since you want to use an illegal drug and possibly hurt other people.

That would be our deal with you....

That all sounds good, but by that logic cigarette smokers then should be held accountable for deaths of non-smokers who died of lung cancer due to second hand smoke. Isn't that putting the public at risk as well? Should the government then make cigarettes illegal?

While some facilities have a ban in work places and some restaurants hasn't totally solved the second hand smoke issue.

It's ludicrous how the potheads claim the drug cartels/gangs are going to quit being in the drug business if drugs are legal.

Yeah, they're just going to walk away from even more money and let General Mills take over the market......you're insane.

If General Mills had a marijuana production facility, I would expect the drug cartels to blow it up. Now, that would make "America" safer.....drug cartels coming to America to blow up the competition in Indiana.....

Nice try...marijuana has direct damage to the brain, that study said tobacco had indirect damage to the brain.

That would be like eating Big Macs has a direct impact on heart attacks, but an indirect impact on running long distances.

While some facilities have a ban in work places and some restaurants hasn't totally solved the second hand smoke issue.

Next, you'll be using that man love boy organization proof that pedophiles aren't bad people. :eusa_whistle:

Which brings us to 2009.

Shocking that you dismiss the verifiable research done at the Keele University Medical School and published in the peer-reviewed scientific journal Schizophrenia Research as the ramblings of some blog.

Don't tell me, I know. The research isn't worth a fuck unless it comports to your preconceived notions, right?

You're STILL a moron, GB, and you continue to prove it with every post you make.

Nice try...marijuana has direct damage to the brain, that study said tobacco had indirect damage to the brain.

That would be like eating Big Macs has a direct impact on heart attacks, but an indirect impact on running long distances.

I never claimed smoking marijuana wasn't bad for you. I don't smoke it and never will. I think it's funny though to legalize tobacco when it's just as harmful health wise. You may not get high on cigarettes, but the damage is quite dire.

1) Drug war is a waste of time...its lost. Long gone
2) If you believe in less gov't intrusion then you in no way can be against the legalization of pot. What one does in their own house is no business of any one else's...if you are for less gov't that is.
3) Legalization would help create jobs. People could grow it. People could sell it. Businesses could be created
4) Morals and capitalism dont mix. Never have. Never will. Look at what happens on wall street. Talk about corruption and illegal actions.

Another lie laid to rest...

By Sid Kirchheimer
WebMD Health News

July 1, 2003 -- Long-term and even daily marijuana use doesn't appear to cause permanent brain damage, adding to evidence that it can be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of diseases, say researchers. The researchers found only a "very small" impairment in memory and learning among long-term marijuana users. Otherwise, scores on thinking tests were similar to those who don't smoke marijuana, according to a new analysis of 15 previous studies.

In those studies, some 700 regular marijuana users were compared with 484 non-users on various aspects of brain function -- including reaction time, language and motor skills, reasoning ability, memory, and the ability to learn new information.

Surprising Finding

"We were somewhat surprised by our finding, especially since there's been a controversy for some years on whether long-term cannabis use causes brain damage," says lead researcher and psychiatrist Igor Grant, MD. "I suppose we expected to see some differences in people who were heavy users, but in fact the differences were very minimal."

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?

Then by all means light up..

I've been 'lighting up' for almost 45 years, and I've been asking this same question for that same amount of time.

I have yet to get a rational answer...

The only rational-answer....rather, factual-answer, is.....somehow, the DEA has convinced "conservatives"....they (the DEA) have some Divine Right to job-security. SOMEhow, everyone-else is expected to believe job-security is a "thing-of-the-past".....but, when it comes to the DEA, all bets are OFF.

If more-and-MORE States are (finally) recognizing we can't AFFORD to imprison everyone....until it comes to violent-offenders.....we've gotta (ALSO) recognize, we're wasting SERIOUS-buck$ prosecuting marijuana-violations.

Think about it....at-one-time, people were convinced tomatoes were poisonous....and, were used (primarily) as decorative-plants.

Intelligent/educated/realistic people recognize that ALL things are temporary.....no matter what the Clerics tell you......even DEA job-security. It's time they're down-sized....and, limited to pursuing dangerous-drugs.​

That's another great point GB. Based on MoonGlow's "logic"...

banning or outlawing a popular substance or culture only drives it underground. Keeping it legal or in the open allows better observation and control.

... we should also legalize pedophilia to "allow better observation and control". I'm so fucking tired of the drug addicts calling for the legalization of drugs. If you feel you need to fry your fucking brain every few hours to have a good time, you're an asshole of epic proportions and you really should just kill yourself. Get the fuck out of the way of society - you're just taking up good oxygen.

Then by all means light up..

I've been 'lighting up' for almost 45 years, and I've been asking this same question for that same amount of time.

OK rational answer...God instructed Adam and Eve not to eat from one tree, everything else was ok. But Eve went ahead and ate one anyway and convinced Adam it was ok, just because The Serpent told Eve not to worry, that it was ok. Of course God found out. Now, God is law of the land and has created a perfect world.
Save your fairy-tales for Sunday.

We're trying to be rational, here.

303.gif

:eusa_hand:

Last edited by a moderator:

OK rational answer...God instructed Adam and Eve not to eat from one tree, everything else was ok. But Eve went ahead and ate one anyway and convinced Adam it was ok, just because The Serpent told Eve not to worry, that it was ok. Of course God found out. Now, God is law of the land and has created a perfect world.
Save your fairy-tales for Sunday.

We're trying to be rational, here.

303.gif

:eusa_hand:

Did you even read GuyPinestra question? He brought up God and Eve? Thanks for playing though.

In our state of Colorado they could not come up with a test for driving. Marijuana stays in the fat cells--and can stay there for months. IOW-someone could be 100% sober and test positive for marijuana use. Whereas alcohol is in the blood stream and tests easily.

However in our state--cops don't have too much trouble determining if someone is under the influence of pot when driving--and they are charged with the same DUI as alcohol.

There is a huge difference of the high produced by pot and alcohol. Someone who is drunk and cannot walk still will get behind the wheel. Pot smokers are typically much more paranoid to drive a car. They understand that their physical and mental being is not up to par to drive a car--and that's why you don't see too many dui's regarding marijuana.

12976d1334971790-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swtzpotholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com3.jpg

12977d1334971842-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swu1potholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com5.jpg

Denver, Colorado 4/20/2012

Drink enough water and piss water you will test clean.... I beat many drug tests back in the day...
Nowdays, you'll be expected to stay, there (at a "test-site"), until you've gotta "go", again.

They don't fall for "flushing" (much), anymore.​

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?

Enough said..

OK rational answer...God instructed Adam and Eve not to eat from one tree, everything else was ok. But Eve went ahead and ate one anyway and convinced Adam it was ok, just because The Serpent told Eve not to worry, that it was ok. Of course God found out. Now, God is law of the land and has created a perfect world. Now with law comes rules to follow by and consequences to face when law is broken. Adam and Eve broke God's law and the consequence is evil and death has been brought into the world. Hence, there are two kinds of sin, original and actual. Original you are born into (thanks to Adam and Eve) actual sins you commit willingly.

Marijuana thus far is not legal with the exception in some states as medicinal.

So if you are smoking marijuana just to be smoking it illegally. Well then if you get caught you face consequences. But there is a chance for law to change. Such as God has changed his law of all of us to avoid damnation.

The sin Adam and Eve brought into the world, death is our punishment. Well God decided to change that. When he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross, he did it to wipe away our sins. So come judgement day we could live in a perfect world. Now the catch is we are saved by faith and grace. If you truly believe in your heart Jesus died for our sins, you shall be saved.

Now if the law of the land decides to legalize Marijuana, the catch will probably that you will have to pay taxes on it.

Your doctrinal response doesn't even come close to addressing the question. Care to try again?

Don't hold your breath.

Believers also buy-into trickle-down economics.

handjob.gif

Forum List

Back