Legalization of Marijuana

To potheads, free will goes only so far.

Should an employer be able to fire a pothead? How about parents who put potheads out on the street? If a pothead gets in your way, do you have the right to beat the crap out of them? Should children be taken away from pothead parents? They don't want freedom, what they want is license. They have the freedom to do anything they want, but under protection because they do not want consequences.
What exactly is a "pot head," aside from a stupid term that some Reefer Madness proponent invented and which holds appeal to other equally ignorant true believers.

I'd be interested in knowing your definition of that rather stupid term.

Recreational user of the ganja?

I believe a 'pothead' would be defined as someone who smokes marijuana from dawn to dusk with barely a moment's respite in between. Like the 'lush' and his alcohol or the 'pillhead' with prescriptions, the term applies only to a very small minority of the people involved in the activity.

A 'recreational user', whether of pot or alcohol, is someone who does not over-imbibe on the substance in question, but consumes said substance in a controlled and moderate manner.

Wrong idiot, if marijuana was sold next to tobacco in stores then the medical and social welfare problems on society would out-weigh the taxes brought in from sales.

The Govt always takes tax revenue from alcohol and tobacco and then blows it on all kinds of bullshit not needed, instead of the typical lie that the tax money will support people harmed by those drugs.

Marijuana is worse than tobacco so it's very stupid to be promoting marijuana when most states are attacking tobacco use and their users in the public square. Kinda strange tobacco users are being treated like they are the plague to non-users yet you are pushing for a similiar but worse drug that has second hand smoke too that can actually make some non-user high.

Actually, I did answer...How free do you think we are here? There is a reason we have laws.

Personally, I don't care if you or anyone else smokes Marijuana and I don't care either way if they legalize it or not.

God didn't allow Adam and Eve to get away from eating the forbidden fruit.

Much like if you are caught smoking Marijuana, when it's not legal, you won't get away with it. Well , and won't come cheap. May not have to face jail time on your first offensive, but maybe pay a fine.

So if you want to smoke, then smoke. If you're in a state where it's illegal, just don't get caught.
Your statement of neutrality is in fact a declaration of acceptance. Which is okay except if you are inclined to accept one senseless, counterproductive proscription you count yourself among the sheep who will accept another -- and another. And that's how it goes.

Marijuana prohibition is harmful not only to those whom it affects directly but to our society in general. It is counterproductive both socially and economically.

Legalizing marijuana in California didn't hurt the drug cartels. It helped them. It helped them so much, that the cartels were bribing city officials to let them have a permit to open cartel owned dispensaries.

California city official to admit taking bribes over pot dispensaries | Reuters

(Reuters) - A third former official in the Los Angeles suburb of Cudahy will plead guilty to accepting a $7,000 bribe for agreeing to support a medical marijuana dispensary in the small city, federal prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Uh, when I was living in Europe I watched a BBC special on the subject where one of their reporters did marijuana for a couple months under the study of doctors and psychologists. The BBC....you know those "bible thumpers from OKC." :eusa_whistle:

Well, their study showed she had medical problems like weight gain, loss of memory, slower reaction times, and damage to her lungs. The mental problems were mentioned in other patients through the years by the medical personnel in the documentary, but of course BBC must be funded by Jimmy Swaggert, eh?

Oh, I also watched a similiar show hosted by ultra right-wing nutjob...Robin Williams. That show pointed out the medical problems of using marijuana, cocaine and meth.

But of course, those TV shows are a farce to you, eh? You have a medical background better than doctors and psychologists that actually study marijuana users. Robin Williams and the BBC were paid under the table by Bible thumpers....right?

Marijuana causes lung damage like tobacco.

Marijuana unlike tobacco also causes damage to the brain and nervous system.

It is also now being linked to mental problems with some users because of the potent homemade versions for greater high effects.

So with marijuana use you get weight gain, laziness, lung damage, brain/nerve damage and in some mental diseases. Sounds like a great drug to unleash on society.:eusa_whistle:

Please tell me you have something besides your own opinion to back up these claims?

I meant something a little more concrete, GB... You know, like a LINK or something?

What exactly is a "pot head," aside from a stupid term that some Reefer Madness proponent invented and which holds appeal to other equally ignorant true believers.

I'd be interested in knowing your definition of that rather stupid term.

I believe a 'pothead' would be defined as someone who smokes marijuana from dawn to dusk with barely a moment's respite in between. Like the 'lush' and his alcohol or the 'pillhead' with prescriptions, the term applies only to a very small minority of the people involved in the activity.

A 'recreational user', whether of pot or alcohol, is someone who does not over-imbibe on the substance in question, but consumes said substance in a controlled and moderate manner.

You can believe anything you want. I believe that a pothead is someone that has one puff.

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?
Who entered your home with or without a warrant and demanded you go to jail?

:lmao:

Not a very rational response and definitely not an answer to the specific question presented.

Care to give it another try?

You can believe anything you want. I believe that a pothead is someone that has one puff.

Give me a 'Pothead' over a raging Alcoholic anytime. The difference is night & day. Being sent to Prison for smoking Marijuana is barbaric. It's time for change.

Are you so dumb to claim smoking marijuana doesn't affect the lungs and brain/nervous system???? That alone should be evidence that making it legal is STUPID.

The mental diseases issue was brought up by the British doctors and psychologists from other research. That is even more damning evidence against marijuana. If some people are going psychotic from homegrown versions then that should alert people and stop you clowns that want it sold to anyone like tobacco and alcohol.

It's asinine that we have medical and social problems from tobacco and alcohol but people like you are pushing for a worse drug in marijuana against medical research that warns us. Next you'll be here pushing meth, crack, etc.....

Uh, when I was living in Europe I watched a BBC special on the subject where one of their reporters did marijuana for a couple months under the study of doctors and psychologists. The BBC....you know those "bible thumpers from OKC." :eusa_whistle:

Well, their study showed she had medical problems like weight gain, loss of memory, slower reaction times, and damage to her lungs. The mental problems were mentioned in other patients through the years by the medical personnel in the documentary, but of course BBC must be funded by Jimmy Swaggert, eh?

Oh, I also watched a similiar show hosted by ultra right-wing nutjob...Robin Williams. That show pointed out the medical problems of using marijuana, cocaine and meth.

But of course, those TV shows are a farce to you, eh? You have a medical background better than doctors and psychologists that actually study marijuana users. Robin Williams and the BBC were paid under the table by Bible thumpers....right?

Please tell me you have something besides your own opinion to back up these claims?

I meant something a little more concrete, GB... You know, like a LINK or something?

Legalizing marijuana in California didn't hurt the drug cartels. It helped them. It helped them so much, that the cartels were bribing city officials to let them have a permit to open cartel owned dispensaries.

(Reuters) - A third former official in the Los Angeles suburb of Cudahy will plead guilty to accepting a $7,000 bribe for agreeing to support a medical marijuana dispensary in the small city, federal prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Turns out that in your article the briber was an FBI agent and nowhere was there a mention of any 'cartel' involvement.

If your position is right why do you feel the need to lie?

That's the same as saying that an alcoholic is anyone who takes one sip.

Ludicrous.

Are you so dumb to claim smoking marijuana doesn't affect the lungs and brain/nervous system???? That alone should be evidence that making it legal is STUPID.

The mental diseases issue was brought up by the British doctors and psychologists from other research. That is even more damning evidence against marijuana. If some people are going psychotic from homegrown versions then that should alert people and stop you clowns that want it sold to anyone like tobacco and alcohol.

It's asinine that we have medical and social problems from tobacco and alcohol but people like you are pushing for a worse drug in marijuana against medical research that warns us. Next you'll be here pushing meth, crack, etc.....

IOW, you don't have a link. Thanks for playing!

Uh dumbfuck....the BBC show was on TV, you idiot. It was over 2 years ago.

You go google marijuana and mental disease to see the results, I'm not your daddy doing this for you.

Oh, the lung and brain/nervous system damage has been known for decades....idiot.

That alone is why the Feds have blocked it from being legal, way before recent research links the drug to mental problems too. Well, in your case....you would show mental problems before seen in a study probably like most people that need drugs to feel good about themselves.

IOW, you don't have a link. Thanks for playing!

Give me a 'Pothead' over a raging Alcoholic anytime. The difference is night & day. Being sent to Prison for smoking Marijuana is barbaric. It's time for change.

So very true. I come from a long history of alcoholics from my family. Thankfully the cycle stopped when I came along. I can't stand the taste of alcohol of any kind and on the flip side I can't stand the smell of any kind of tobacco or marijuana either.

Actually, I did answer...How free do you think we are here? There is a reason we have laws.

Personally, I don't care if you or anyone else smokes Marijuana and I don't care either way if they legalize it or not.

God didn't allow Adam and Eve to get away from eating the forbidden fruit.

Much like if you are caught smoking Marijuana, when it's not legal, you won't get away with it. Well , and won't come cheap. May not have to face jail time on your first offensive, but maybe pay a fine.

So if you want to smoke, then smoke. If you're in a state where it's illegal, just don't get caught.
Your statement of neutrality is in fact a declaration of acceptance. Which is okay except if you are inclined to accept one senseless, counterproductive proscription you count yourself among the sheep who will accept another -- and another. And that's how it goes.

Marijuana prohibition is harmful not only to those whom it affects directly but to our society in general. It is counterproductive both socially and economically.

Well, I may be neutral on the subject of marijuana, but just because that's so doesn't mean I just go along on anything. I just don't think legalizing marijuana is the biggest problem we have going on in our country.

If marijuana caused mental illness, then cultures that have a higher rate of marijuana smoking than the U.S. should have a higher rate of mental illness. But in fact, the opposite is true. Cultures with higher rates of marijuana consumption have lower rates of mental illness than the United States. This would indicate that rather than marijuana causing mental illness, as you state, it is people with mental illness who are self medicating with marijuana in order to alleviate their symptoms.

If marijuana users would sign away their rights to use medical, social welfare and psychology services once they choose to use marijuana....then I would have no problem letting them ruin their lives smoking marijuana.

Just stay out of the hospital, welfare and psychology facility when you end up with the side effects/problems from using marijuana.

Also, if you harm or endanger others when high in public, then you should also go to jail for a long, long time. Like say you drive "high" around town and get caught. A decade or more in a jail would do the trick since you want to use an illegal drug and possibly hurt other people.

That would be our deal with you....

Clueless...the British said with homegrown growers making their marijuana more potent, they are now seeing mental problems pop up in some users.

Marijuana growing has become such a lucrative business for Joe Schmoe that he is trying to make his drugs get more bang for the buck, which in turn can make them worse for certain people using that drug.

Any tobacco, alcohol or marijuana producer wants his product to get the user a bigger high and many times that causes unseen side effects.

If marijuana caused mental illness, then cultures that have a higher rate of marijuana smoking than the U.S. should have a higher rate of mental illness. But in fact, the opposite is true. Cultures with higher rates of marijuana consumption have lower rates of mental illness than the United States. This would indicate that rather than marijuana causing mental illness, as your article implies, it is people with mental illness who are self medicating with marijuana in order to alleviate their symptoms.

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?
Who entered your home with or without a warrant and demanded you go to jail?

:lmao:

Not a very rational response and definitely not an answer to the specific question presented.

Care to give it another try?
Why would I care to be your croquet ball, kind sir with a mean mallet?

If marijuana users would sign away their rights to use medical, social welfare and psychology services once they choose to use marijuana....then I would have no problem letting them ruin their lives smoking marijuana.

Just stay out of the hospital, welfare and psychology facility when you end up with the side effects/problems from using marijuana.

Also, if you harm or endanger others when high in public, then you should also go to jail for a long, long time. Like say you drive "high" around town and get caught. A decade or more in a jail would do the trick since you want to use an illegal drug and possibly hurt other people.

That would be our deal with you....

That all sounds good, but by that logic cigarette smokers then should be held accountable for deaths of non-smokers who died of lung cancer due to second hand smoke. Isn't that putting the public at risk as well? Should the government then make cigarettes illegal?

Turns out that in your article the briber was an FBI agent and nowhere was there a mention of any 'cartel' involvement.

If your position is right why do you feel the need to lie?

You might have a point IF the city official KNEW that the bribe offering came from an undercover FBI informant. Of course he wouldn't have accepted the bribe then.

If legalized marijuana was such a benefit, Los Angeles would not have closed the dispensaries. It's still legal to grow your own, or share it in a co-op. It just has to be free.

Forum List

Back