Legalization of Marijuana

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?

Then by all means light up..

I've been 'lighting up' for almost 45 years, and I've been asking this same question for that same amount of time.

I have yet to get a rational answer...

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?

I've been 'lighting up' for almost 45 years, and I've been asking this same question for that same amount of time.

OK rational answer...God instructed Adam and Eve not to eat from one tree, everything else was ok. But Eve went ahead and ate one anyway and convinced Adam it was ok, just because The Serpent told Eve not to worry, that it was ok. Of course God found out. Now, God is law of the land and has created a perfect world. Now with law comes rules to follow by and consequences to face when law is broken. Adam and Eve broke God's law and the consequence is evil and death has been brought into the world. Hence, there are two kinds of sin, original and actual. Original you are born into (thanks to Adam and Eve) actual sins you commit willingly.

Marijuana thus far is not legal with the exception in some states as medicinal.

So if you are smoking marijuana just to be smoking it illegally. Well then if you get caught you face consequences. But there is a chance for law to change. Such as God has changed his law of all of us to avoid damnation.

The sin Adam and Eve brought into the world, death is our punishment. Well God decided to change that. When he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross, he did it to wipe away our sins. So come judgement day we could live in a perfect world. Now the catch is we are saved by faith and grace. If you truly believe in your heart Jesus died for our sins, you shall be saved.

Now if the law of the land decides to legalize Marijuana, the catch will probably that you will have to pay taxes on it.

OK rational answer...God instructed Adam and Eve not to eat from one tree, everything else was ok. But Eve went ahead and ate one anyway and convinced Adam it was ok, just because The Serpent told Eve not to worry, that it was ok. Of course God found out. Now, God is law of the land and has created a perfect world. Now with law comes rules to follow by and consequences to face when law is broken. Adam and Eve broke God's law and the consequence is evil and death has been brought into the world. Hence, there are two kinds of sin, original and actual. Original you are born into (thanks to Adam and Eve) actual sins you commit willingly.

Marijuana thus far is not legal with the exception in some states as medicinal.

So if you are smoking marijuana just to be smoking it illegally. Well then if you get caught you face consequences. But there is a chance for law to change. Such as God has changed his law of all of us to avoid damnation.

The sin Adam and Eve brought into the world, death is our punishment. Well God decided to change that. When he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross, he did it to wipe away our sins. So come judgement day we could live in a perfect world. Now the catch is we are saved by faith and grace. If you truly believe in your heart Jesus died for our sins, you shall be saved.

Now if the law of the land decides to legalize Marijuana, the catch will probably that you will have to pay taxes on it.

Your doctrinal response doesn't even come close to addressing the question. Care to try again?
GuyPinestra said:

Actually, I did answer...How free do you think we are here? There is a reason we have laws.

Personally, I don't care if you or anyone else smokes Marijuana and I don't care either way if they legalize it or not.

God didn't allow Adam and Eve to get away from eating the forbidden fruit.

Much like if you are caught smoking Marijuana, when it's not legal, you won't get away with it. Well , and won't come cheap. May not have to face jail time on your first offensive, but maybe pay a fine.

So if you want to smoke, then smoke. If you're in a state where it's illegal, just don't get caught.

God gave Eve the freedom to make the choice of eating that apple. Just like he gives everyone of us the choice every day to either murder our neighbors or not. It's not like any prohibition against murder has ever stopped that.

If legalization had worked, the Los Angeles would not have closed down all the pot shops after 18 years of legalization.

Actually, I did answer...How free do you think we are here? There is a reason we have laws.

Personally, I don't care if you or anyone else smokes Marijuana and I don't care either way if they legalize it or not.

Much like if you are caught smoking Marijuana, when it's not legal, you won't get away with it. Well , and won't come cheap. May not have to face jail time on your first offensive, but maybe pay a fine.

So if you want to smoke, then smoke. If you're in a state where it's illegal, just don't get caught.

God Himself gave humans 'free will', and allowed Eve to exercise that free will even though he knew beforehand the dire consequences of that action. I believe he allowed this in order to demonstrate His Grace and His Love to this fallen world.

But the question still remains... If God Himself would not interfere with Eve's exercise of free will, what right does that give to prohibitionists to interfere with MY exercise of that same free will?

God Himself gave humans 'free will', and allowed Eve to exercise that free will even though he knew beforehand the dire consequences of that action. I believe he allowed this in order to demonstrate His Grace and His Love to this fallen world.

But the question still remains... If God Himself would not interfere with Eve's exercise of free will, what right does that give to prohibitionists to interfere with MY exercise of that same free will?

Nobody can interfere with your free will. You said yourself you've lighting up for how many years now? See you're trying to compare God to lawmakers.

To potheads, free will goes only so far.

Should an employer be able to fire a pothead? How about parents who put potheads out on the street? If a pothead gets in your way, do you have the right to beat the crap out of them? Should children be taken away from pothead parents? They don't want freedom, what they want is license. They have the freedom to do anything they want, but under protection because they do not want consequences.

Someday, future generations will laugh hysterically over the fact Marijuana was illegal for so long. Time to turn the page and Decriminalize it. Not one more Citizen should be sent to Prison with brutal murderers, rapists, and child molesters. And once it is Decriminalized, our Prisons should immediately release all those convicted of Marijuana offenses. They never belonged there in the first place.

Those who are in prison for marijuana offenses are generally there because they committed some other crime. Or, should criminal activity while under the influence be an automatic not guilty?

Those who are in prison for marijuana offenses are generally there because they committed some other crime. Or, should criminal activity while under the influence be an automatic not guilty?

That's a different matter. And no violent offender should be released either.

Someday, future generations will laugh hysterically over the fact Marijuana was illegal for so long. Time to turn the page and Decriminalize it. Not one more Citizen should be sent to Prison with brutal murderers, rapists, and child molesters. And once it is Decriminalized, our Prisons should immediately release all those convicted of Marijuana offenses. They never belonged there in the first place.

Do you honestly think our government has the power just to suddenly legalize marijuana? C'mon now, I'm sure you're smarter than that. Legalizing marijuana means putting the drug cartels out of business. The government and drug lords both have their hands in the cookie jar.

Marijuana causes lung damage like tobacco.

Marijuana unlike tobacco also causes damage to the brain and nervous system.

It is also now being linked to mental problems with some users because of the potent homemade versions for greater high effects.

So with marijuana use you get weight gain, laziness, lung damage, brain/nerve damage and in some mental diseases. Sounds like a great drug to unleash on society.:eusa_whistle:

In what ways is pot worse then alcohol?

In what way is the war on drugs different then prohibition?

Do you think it is harder for high school kids to get pot or alcohol?

Just some simple questions.

Last edited:

Should an employer be able to fire a pothead? How about parents who put potheads out on the street? If a pothead gets in your way, do you have the right to beat the crap out of them? Should children be taken away from pothead parents? They don't want freedom, what they want is license. They have the freedom to do anything they want, but under protection because they do not want consequences.
What exactly is a "pot head," aside from a stupid term that some Reefer Madness proponent invented and which holds appeal to other equally ignorant true believers.

I'd be interested in knowing your definition of that rather stupid term.

It is also now being linked to mental problems with some users because of the potent homemade versions for greater high effects.

So with marijuana use you get weight gain, laziness, lung damage, brain/nerve damage and in some mental diseases. Sounds like a great drug to unleash on society.:eusa_whistle:

Please tell me you have something besides your own opinion to back up these claims?

What exactly is a "pot head," aside from a stupid term that some Reefer Madness proponent invented and which holds appeal to other equally ignorant true believers.

I'd be interested in knowing your definition of that rather stupid term.

Recreational user of the ganja?

Uh, when I was living in Europe I watched a BBC special on the subject where one of their reporters did marijuana for a couple months under the study of doctors and psychologists. The BBC....you know those "bible thumpers from OKC." :eusa_whistle:

Well, their study showed she had medical problems like weight gain, loss of memory, slower reaction times, and damage to her lungs. The mental problems were mentioned in other patients through the years by the medical personnel in the documentary, but of course BBC must be funded by Jimmy Swaggert, eh?

Oh, I also watched a similiar show hosted by ultra right-wing nutjob...Robin Williams. That show pointed out the medical problems of using marijuana, cocaine and meth.

But of course, those TV shows are a farce to you, eh? You have a medical background better than doctors and psychologists that actually study marijuana users. Robin Williams and the BBC were paid under the table by Bible thumpers....right?

Please tell me you have something besides your own opinion to back up these claims?

And i'm not one of those who espouses Big Brother Taxing it either. I probably couldn't support that. It should just be Decriminalized. Period, end of story.

Your statement of neutrality is in fact a declaration of acceptance. Which is okay except if you are inclined to accept one senseless, counterproductive proscription you count yourself among the sheep who will accept another -- and another. And that's how it goes.

Marijuana prohibition is harmful not only to those whom it affects directly but to our society in general. It is counterproductive both socially and economically.

Who entered your home with or without a warrant and demanded you go to jail?

:lmao:

Forum List

Back