Legalization of Marijuana

testing to see if someone is high is harder than drunk. And neither should be driving...

this is the biggest issue. The 1/2 life of pot is long enough it is hard to tell if a person is driving or working impaired. The standard models don't work.

if its so hard to tell then whats the problem

In our state of Colorado they could not come up with a test for driving. Marijuana stays in the fat cells--and can stay there for months. IOW-someone could be 100% sober and test positive for marijuana use. Whereas alcohol is in the blood stream and tests easily.

However in our state--cops don't have too much trouble determining if someone is under the influence of pot when driving--and they are charged with the same DUI as alcohol.

There is a huge difference of the high produced by pot and alcohol. Someone who is drunk and cannot walk still will get behind the wheel. Pot smokers are typically much more paranoid to drive a car. They understand that their physical and mental being is not up to par to drive a car--and that's why you don't see too many dui's regarding marijuana.

12976d1334971790-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swtzpotholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com3.jpg

12977d1334971842-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swu1potholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com5.jpg

Denver, Colorado 4/20/2012

this is the biggest issue. The 1/2 life of pot is long enough it is hard to tell if a person is driving or working impaired. The standard models don't work.

In our state of Colorado they could not come up with a test for driving. Marijuana stays in the fat cells--and can stay there for months. IOW-someone could be 100% sober and test positive for marijuana use. Whereas alcohol is in the blood stream and tests easily.

However in our state--cops don't have too much trouble determining if someone is under the influence of pot when driving--and they are charged with the same DUI as alcohol.

There is a huge difference of the high produced by pot and alcohol. Someone who is drunk and cannot walk still will get behind the wheel. Pot smokers are typically much more paranoid to drive a car. They understand that their physical and mental being is not up to par to drive a car--and that's why you don't see too many dui's regarding marijuana.

12976d1334971790-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swtzpotholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com3.jpg

12977d1334971842-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swu1potholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com5.jpg

Drink enough water and piss water you will test clean.... I beat many drug tests back in the day...

I don't smoke anymore but that doesn't mean I don't know anything about it...

Blood/urine tests on the other hand I would never submit to presently - that is a Fourth and Fifth Amendment violation.

I would not say paranoid..I would say they are much more reasonable and responsible in this regard than many drinkers...

I support legalization. It will cut out the middle man that we call the drug cartels and give complete control to our government.

Our government will get the money instead of the drug cartels. Sounds like a plan?

Last edited:
The effects of marijuana use on driving performance have been extensively researched over the last 20 years. All major studies show that marijuana consumption has little or no effect on driving ability, and may actually reduce accidents. Here's a summary of the biggest studies into pot use and driving.

Stoned drivers are safe drivers | Cannabis Culture

Bullshit.

So does drinking. I've done both and believe me both will screw your driving up.:eusa_boohoo: I couldn't walk down the street at times.

The effects of marijuana use on driving performance have been extensively researched over the last 20 years. All major studies show that marijuana consumption has little or no effect on driving ability, and may actually reduce accidents. Here's a summary of the biggest studies into pot use and driving.

Stoned drivers are safe drivers | Cannabis Culture

Bullshit.

So does drinking. I've done both and believe me both will screw your driving up.:eusa_boohoo: I couldn't walk down the street at times.

Agreed... I personally feel like driving is a responsibility that doesn't allow for people being fucked up on weed, booze, or anything else that might impair one's ability to ensure the vehicle next to them wont become an unwilling participant in a game of bumper cars. It's that simple.

nonsense beer is a refined product..start with good seed or a clone and give it lots of sun and water and you will get top quality weed...and in a green house you can expect to double your yield...growing indoors with hydroponics requires a bit more skill and might be compared to home brewing

it's not that difficult to grow, indoors, in soil. All ya' need is a few 5-gallon plastic-buckets from your local mega-hardware-store.

The only hassle about growing, indoors, is keepin' your temps down. There's no sense in encouraging helicopters in your neighborhood. Good ventilation is critical.​

on a small operation or in a cement basement 5 gal pails will work but with 40 or 50 plants the weight on normal floor can cause some concern.
'Tis true, but.....like we said in the good ol' days....."Ya' get greedy; ya' get busted."

What individual would "need" 40 or 50 plants?​

Drink enough water and piss water you will test clean.... I beat many drug tests back in the day...
Nowdays, you'll be expected to stay, there (at a "test-site"), until you've gotta "go", again.

They don't fall for "flushing" (much), anymore.​

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?

OK, I've been thinking about how many people around here are against the legalization of marijuana, and the % of them that also claim to be Christians. This question is for you.

If God created us as free human beings starting with Adam & Eve, and God, in allowing us to exercise that freedom wouldn't stop Eve from eating that apple, what possible right can you claim to stop me from smoking a joint?
You really expect logic from people who approve of mothers screwing their sons?

301.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube[/ame]​

In what ways is pot worse then alcohol?

In what way is the war on drugs different then prohibition?

Do you think it is harder for high school kids to get pot or alcohol?

Just some simple questions.

Alcohol is the only drug you can die from it's withdrawals without having any other medical conditions. Pot is habit forming, alcohol is addictive.
In no way is war in drugs different than prohibition.
And When I was in high school it was much easier to buy pot than alcohol. Your pot dealer won't card you.

No, but if it was made legal, then you'd get carded. I'd also wager that if it were legal and regulated like alcohol, you'd see a drop in consumption among kids.

They have none...Apple=plant, Marijuna=plant. No difference in the eyes of god. :eusa_angel:

In what way is pot worse than alcohol? Physical addiction, combined with the fact that alcohol has a negative effect on EVERY system in your body. Pot doesn't do near as much damage.

In what way is the war on drugs different than prohibition? Prohibition was driven by clergy and some well intentioned politicians who were looking at a serious alcohol problem in this country at that time.

Making cannabis illegal was done for racist reasons. Some FBI agent named Anslinger had a hard on for Black and Hispanic people and wanted to come up with a legal way of locking them all up, so he goes to Hollywood, gets a PROPAGANDA FILM made called Reefer Madness to scare all the politicians into supporting his stance.

Prohibition was done to address an alcohol problem in this country, making pot illegal was done for racist reasons.

Is it harder to get pot or alcohol? Probably pot, because as someone further up the thread said, drug dealers don't card you.

However......................if it was regulated like alcohol, I'd be willing to wager that pot would become more difficult for kids to obtain (like alcohol is) and you'd see a drop in it's use.

And...............fwiw................making cannabis illegal led to some people making "legal herbal mixes" which are supposed to act like pot (K2 for one), but it has a much worse effect on the person's mind and body than actual cannabis does.

Making cannabis illegal was done for racist reasons. Some FBI agent named Anslinger had a hard on for Black and Hispanic people and wanted to come up with a legal way of locking them all up, so he goes to Hollywood, gets a PROPAGANDA FILM made called Reefer Madness to scare all the politicians into supporting his stance.

Hell.....Anslinger was nothing-more than a garden-variety opportunist.....after marrying-into......

The whole Mexican-angle was (first) initiated back in 1914.....in.....you guessed it.......

.....El Paso, TEXAS!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IueIgHiwtfg]Grass: The History Of Marijuana [Full Documentary] - YouTube[/ame]​

Finally, now we know what Shamans' REAL problem is.

He can't handle 17% THC pot in an old hippies head................(Hee-Hee-Hee!!!)

I'd love to get my hands on that.

That's no nearly as strong as some available now.

Although I doubt the 17% number actually makes much sense.

17% of what?

Certainly not the net weight of the bud.

Anybody actually KNOW what those numbers are really reporting?

I can promise you that if you buy lid of pot that is reported to have a 17% THC weight, that 17% of the weight of your purchase is not in the form of THC.

Last edited:
Finally, now we know what Shamans' REAL problem is.

He can't handle 17% THC pot in an old hippies head................(Hee-Hee-Hee!!!)

I'd love to get my hands on that.

That's no nearly as strong as some available now.

Although I doubt the 17% number actually makes much sense.

17% of what?

Certainly not the net weight of the bud.

Anybody actualloy KNOW what those numbers are actually reporting?

Doesn't matter.

It's "conservative" bullshit, anyhow.......

None of you Christian prohibitionists have an answer to this question? Really?

Bueller? Bueller?

Then by all means light up..

Forum List

Back