Legalization of Marijuana

thats my point though: it's going to take some serious growing ability to achieve the kind of plant prices he's quoting.
Well... If farmers did it, you know... For a profit... For a living... They would up the THC as much as possible. A large farmer is going to maximize his profit much easier than the home grower. That's my point.

The average pothead with a garden isn't going to achieve this by a long shot and, regarding his quote, that is not what I'd call "average" anyway.
I concede the point... Average for me may not be average for you.

With that said... I hate pot myself.

i'd love to see your source on that.

Listen, it's just like how we can legally brew our own beer and wine; sure, it's possible but, for most people, it's easier to buy a homogenized product from the store. Not every pothead is going to be growing the shit you see in high times magazine and i assure you that some average female ditch weed in someone's garden isn't going to achieve the premium that a product will become. I can make pretty good beer at home but i can't make a store-bought guiness as easily as i can buy it.

2k for one average plant? Uh huh.
it more-than-likely wouldn't be possible with a tall, skinny mexican-plant (typically, sativa), but.....a much-shorter, bushier afghani-plant (i.e. Indica) can generate some seriously-fatter/denser buds! 8 oz @ $250? It wouldn't be impossible.

afghan-kush-indica-cannabis-sensi.jpg

when we grew (colorado; '80s), indoors, priority 1 was indica; less growing-space required.​

250 an ounce if its sold by the gram..

Uh, yeah......28 grams, to be exact.

303.gif

where are the potheads going to get the money to buy this expensive shit?
what?

Dude... one plant... One average plant... Can get you like 2 grand right now. a fuck'n plant. If it becomes legal you'll get people who... You know... Grow the stuff on a large scale and prices drop like a rock.

Listen, it's just like how we can legally brew our own beer and wine; sure, it's possible but, for most people, it's easier to buy a homogenized product from the store. Not every pothead is going to be growing the shit you see in high times magazine and i assure you that some average female ditch weed in someone's garden isn't going to achieve the premium that a product will become. I can make pretty good beer at home but i can't make a store-bought guiness as easily as i can buy it.

2k for one average plant? Uh huh..

nonsense beer is a refined product..start with good seed or a clone and give it lots of sun and water and you will get top quality weed...and in a green house you can expect to double your yield...growing indoors with hydroponics requires a bit more skill and might be compared to home brewing

Can you believe it? The government is doubling down on tobacco use and the doobie heads want to legalize marijuana which is not only unhealthy but makes you too crazy to drive a car or operate machinery. The dirty little secret is that the former hippies have gone capitalist and see a big profit is selling drugs to kids.

no one is talking about selling pot to kids any more than budwieser talks about selling beer to kids. you are a hyperbolic dumbass. end of story.

Marijuana makes you too crazy to drive a car or operate machinery. Indications are that the constant inhaling of the noxious smoke is poison to the system maybe worse than cigarette smoke. Why in the world would it make sense to legalize the drug?

thats my point though: it's going to take some serious growing ability to achieve the kind of plant prices he's quoting.
Well... If farmers did it, you know... For a profit... For a living... They would up the THC as much as possible. A large farmer is going to maximize his profit much easier than the home grower. That's my point.

The average pothead with a garden isn't going to achieve this by a long shot and, regarding his quote, that is not what I'd call "average" anyway.

Farmers grow tomatoes but that hasn't crashed or undermined the price of tomatoes in the grocery story. farmer's markets don't set the prices.

Also, those tasty nugs are the product of a seriously controlled environment. if it were as easy as you think then there would be no such thing as mexican brick as ALL producers would opt for the kind bud.

threads like these make me long for my days back in college. le sigh.

Can you believe it? The government is doubling down on tobacco use and the doobie heads want to legalize marijuana which is not only unhealthy but makes you too crazy to drive a car or operate machinery. The dirty little secret is that the former hippies have gone capitalist and see a big profit is selling drugs to kids.

no one is talking about selling pot to kids any more than budwieser talks about selling beer to kids. you are a hyperbolic dumbass. end of story.

Marijuana makes you too crazy to drive a car or operate machinery. Indications are that the constant inhaling of the noxious smoke is poison to the system maybe worse than cigarette smoke. Why in the world would it make sense to legalize the drug?

alcohol makes you unable to drive or operate machinery as well. Your point?

let's see your "indications" of the rest of your bullshit. I'd love to see your sources.

I'd love to see your source on that.

Listen, it's just like how we can legally brew our own beer and wine; sure, it's possible but, for MOST people, it's easier to buy a homogenized product from the store. Not every pothead is going to be growing the shit you see in High Times magazine and I assure you that some average female ditch weed in someone's garden isn't going to achieve the premium that a product will become. I can make pretty good beer at home but I can't make a store-bought guiness as easily as I can buy it.

2k for one average plant? uh huh.
It more-than-likely wouldn't be possible with a tall, skinny Mexican-plant (typically, Sativa), but.....a much-shorter, bushier Afghani-plant (i.e. Indica) can generate some seriously-fatter/denser buds! 8 oz @ $250? It wouldn't be impossible.

afghan-kush-indica-cannabis-sensi.jpg

When we grew (Colorado; '80s), indoors, Priority 1 was Indica; less growing-space required.​

thats my point though: it's going to take some serious growing ability to achieve the kind of plant prices he's quoting. The average pothead with a garden isn't going to achieve this by a long shot and, regarding his quote, that is not what I'd call "average" anyway.

Hell.....it's not that difficult to grow. Once you learn a few "tricks" (primarily, lighting-application), anyone could learn to grow, successfully.....indoors.

When you're not relying on Ma Nature's seasons, you can easily create two-of-your-own, within the same period of time.....guaranteed all Females!!

Possibly.

ANYONE can grow either outcome; high THC (for that trippy, spacey high), or CBD-rich, instead (for a GREAT night's sleep; ZERO hangover).

Ya' don't need to be a farmer to get the job done.....until you're talkin'-about VOLUME!!!!!

Testing to see if someone is high is harder than drunk. And neither should be driving...

This is the biggest issue. The 1/2 life of pot is long enough it is hard to tell if a person is driving or working impaired. The standard models don't work.

what?

Dude... one plant... One average plant... Can get you like 2 grand right now. a fuck'n plant. If it becomes legal you'll get people who... You know... Grow the stuff on a large scale and prices drop like a rock.

nonsense beer is a refined product..start with good seed or a clone and give it lots of sun and water and you will get top quality weed...and in a green house you can expect to double your yield...growing indoors with hydroponics requires a bit more skill and might be compared to home brewing

It's not that difficult to grow, indoors, in soil. All ya' need is a few 5-gallon plastic-buckets from your local mega-hardware-store.

The only hassle about growing, indoors, is keepin' your TEMPS down. There's no sense in encouraging helicopters in your neighborhood. Good ventilation is critical.​

More substance use is not better.

Why would it matter??

Those against the decriminalization of weed act like if it was decriminalized that grandma will run out and buy a bag of pot and get high...

Decriminalizing drugs would be good for everyone... We have urban street gangs because they sell drugs on the black market, we have cartels fighting on the border and severed heads all over the place because cartels are fighting for control over the import of drugs to the US...

You wouldn't have that if drugs were decriminalized.

Also, it's not like if drugs were legal people would all of a sudden feel the desire to get high... My lifestyle wouldn't change, and I can get anything I want right now - legal and illegal doesn't mean shit to me.....

I think that it would be better and certainly more lucrative to have an actual business handle drugs than a gang banger drug dealer (not that all drug dealers are gang bangers)..

handjob.gif

Ah, yes......we can't forget that good ol'.......

Testing to see if someone is high is harder than drunk. And neither should be driving...

This is the biggest issue. The 1/2 life of pot is long enough it is hard to tell if a person is driving or working impaired. The standard models don't work.

handjob.gif

"The 1/2 life of pot..."?????

323.png

Lemme guess......you're some kind o' D.A.R.E. graduate, right??​

More substance use is not better.

Why would it matter??

Those against the decriminalization of weed act like if it was decriminalized that grandma will run out and buy a bag of pot and get high...
Hell.....who would be MORE-entitled??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kFlVcg-cU]Marijuana smoking grandparents - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hQDNakG-h0]DADDIO speaks out, Marijuana for Seniors - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvPk813tQ3g]Law Enforcement Against Prohibition to So. Cal. Retirees: "Legalize all drugs." - YouTube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

Farmers grow tomatoes but that hasn't crashed or undermined the price of tomatoes in the grocery story. farmer's markets don't set the prices.
Well... No... Supply and demand does. The supply goes up, price goes down. If it's legal... Obviously more people will grow it.

Also, those tasty nugs are the product of a seriously controlled environment. if it were as easy as you think then there would be no such thing as mexican brick as ALL producers would opt for the kind bud.

threads like these make me long for my days back in college. le sigh.
Mmm... Ok.

Well met.

it's not that difficult to grow, indoors, in soil. All ya' need is a few 5-gallon plastic-buckets from your local mega-hardware-store.

The only hassle about growing, indoors, is keepin' your temps down. There's no sense in encouraging helicopters in your neighborhood. Good ventilation is critical.​

on a small operation or in a cement basement 5 gal pails will work but with 40 or 50 plants the weight on normal floor can cause some concern.. As well as a lot of watering to do...for indoor i prefer hydropnics

Forum List

Back