Legal Weed Has Led to Teen Abuse

Legalize meth!

Meth is a schedule 2 controlled substance ... it has bona fide medical value and thus lawful to be prescribed ... it's used in the treatment of ADHD under the trade name Ritalin ... this might surprise the hell out of you but kids have been getting marijuana since LONG before it was legalized for medical use ... although drinking booze and driving is still far more dangerous than pot ...

Do you really think we should re-criminalize marijuana and build more prisons in the USA ??? ...

Crystal meth is made in back rooms, of undetermined strength, and with unknown contaminants including Fentanyl is smoked or injected. Ritalin is manufactured under strict guidelines and prescribed and administered under the supervision of a physician. See the difference? Personally, I don't think it should be prescribed at all.

Since the legalization of marijuana, a far stronger variety than when I was a kid, it is being used and abused by far more kids than before. How is that a good thing?

Our brains continue to develop until we are about 25 years old. Marijuana causes permanent damage. How is that a good thing?

Marijuana caused more damage to teens' brains than alcohol, study finds
Joel Shannon October 26, 2018
USA TODAY

Marijuana use may pose a greater risk to the developing brains of teenagers than alcohol consumption, according to a new study this week.

The analysis, published Wednesday in the American Journal of Psychiatry, found that cannabis had greater short and long-term consequences than alcohol on four key components of teens' memory. The finding greatly surprised researchers.
[...]
Marijuana damaged teenagers' brains more than alcohol, study finds
I was practicing with imaginary numbers while stoned.

Are schizophrenics something that we just recently discovered??

And can you show me the data that says weed and schizophrenia have a causational relationship??

By
Becky Upham
Medically Reviewed by Allison Young, MD
Last Updated: March 12, 2019
Can Marijuana Cause Psychosis?
Yes, it’s been shown that marijuana can cause psychosis, says David Streem, MD, a psychiatrist at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. “Regular cannabis users suffer double the risk of developing psychosis, from 0.07 to 0.14 percent. It’s one of the few consistent findings in recent cannabis research,” says Dr. Streem, referencing results from research published in the journal Archives of General Psychiatry.

The Definition and Meaning of Psychosis
Psychosis is a symptom of schizophrenia and can include delusions and hallucinations. A person in a psychotic episode may experience depression, anxiety, trouble sleeping, social withdrawal, and difficulty functioning, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. The risk for psychosis is likely to increase as the potency of THC in cannabis increases, says Streem.

Marijuana Use and Schizophrenia RIsk: A Possible Link
It could simply be due to a poor diet.

Alcohol cannot be any better.

Awwwww

Remember when proponents said that teens would never use pot. There are laws against it.

Just like when I was a teen and got drunk on a weekly basis.
Oh well. We just have to get used to schizophrenics. Pot is not like alcohol. The addiction incidence with alcohol is much lower than with pot.

No you're right alcohol is many times worse. Just ask an alcoholic who had many episodes of dt's and never came back to reality and was locked up in a mental institution for 50 years until the day he died.

Giving people even more ways to alter their brains and personalities is probably never a good idea but this genie is already out of the bottle. I would look to shut down dispensaries that sell to teens.
That should get someone's attention.

Get a clue dispensaries aren't selling to teens they buy on black market and from other high school buddies.

Awwwww

Remember when proponents said that teens would never use pot. There are laws against it.

Just like when I was a teen and got drunk on a weekly basis.
Oh well. We just have to get used to schizophrenics. Pot is not like alcohol. The addiction incidence with alcohol is much lower than with pot.
Are schizophrenics something that we just recently discovered??

And can you show me the data that says weed and schizophrenia have a causational relationship??

Marijuana slowly fries the users' brain, that's how the user of grass gets loaded. If you do it only occasionally, the risk is a lot less, than if you do it every day. Your brain will get only a little singed but will still likely be functional. If your brain is permanently fried, its call "schizoid" or "psychosis" and the doctor has to give you heavy duty doses of Haldol.

Leave it to a pollack to get things wrong.

Who could Have possibly foreseen this?
Explains the schizophrenic behavior of younger people.

Legal marijuana has led to increased use, risk for abuse among teens
Meanwhile, alcohol use (which is far more dangerous) has lowered among teens. Weed is a wonderful thing indeed!

I don't think alcohol is more dangerous at all, in spite of what liberal neoprohibitionists might say.

Having an occasional adult beverage never killed anyone.
It absolutely has killed people, particularly teens who dont drink often enough to know when to stop. I wont even get into the drunk driving death statistics.

I agree, drunk driving is no dam good. But that doesn't mean the driving while stoned is.

The brothers showed us a film in high school about drunk driving. It showed some fellow sitting around getting shit faced, and getting into his car. Speeds up swerving in traffic, plows right into a brick wall and kills himself.

Anywho, the film continues, and they take the body into the coroner's office and give the dude an autopsy. They cut out his brain, and it looks just like an overdone meatloaf.

In comparison, they showed a healthy brain of someone who wasn't a big drinker, and the brain was obviously healthy and pinkish especially in contrast to the meat loaf brain.

You're brothers were out in left field go find an alcoholic brain vs a marijuana brain.

Giving people even more ways to alter their brains and personalities is probably never a good idea but this genie is already out of the bottle. I would look to shut down dispensaries that sell to teens.

Get a clue dispensaries aren't selling to teens they buy on black market and from other high school buddies.

Sometimes they do inadvertently. If a teen looks old enough, many clerks will sell no questions asked.

Further, some teens might present phony letter from their moms, saying the grass is for them.

Lastly, the homeless are a great asset for teens on this. Give a bum 50 cents extra to run to the grass store isn't much different than giving them 50 cents to run to the liquor store for you.

The State of Oregon recently sent a very young looking 21-year-old and a third of the pot shops sold without looking at her ID ... kids just need to stand in front of a liquor store and ask people walking in to buy for them ... 10 minutes tops ...

Sometimes they do inadvertently. If a teen looks old enough, many clerks will sell no questions asked.

Further, some teens might present phony letter from their moms, saying the grass is for them.

Lastly, the homeless are a great asset for teens on this. Give a bum 50 cents extra to run to the grass store isn't much different than giving them 50 cents to run to the liquor store for you.
you never been in a dispensary have you?....your id is run through a machine....its not based on how old you look...and yea the letter thing will work....geezus....

you never been in a dispensary have you?....your id is run through a machine....its not based on how old you look...and yea the letter thing will work....geezus....
Nope! Never been in one. Some Oregon pot retailers selling to minors

Tell me again it's foolproof way of foiling sales to minors, genius.
Then go ahead and take a big bow.
the key word is "some"....back in the day "some" liquor stores sold to minors....you not only never been in a dispensary, you never drank with guys at a weekend party,hence no liquor store experience either....

Forum List

Back