Left convinced Americans will not fight for 2nd Amendment rights

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Left convinced Americans will not fight for 2nd Amendment rights​

By Doug Book
1/7/13

Once cowed at the thought of provoking 2nd Amendment supporters, leftists will soon attempt to ban “assault weapons” (and much more) as legislation offered by Diane Feinstein makes its way to the Senate floor. It seems that DC liberals have finally become convinced that American gun owners are too cowardly, too lazy or too dependent upon the financial "generosity" of Big Brother to fight for their 2nd Amendment rights. During the past 4 years, the gun banning left have watched as American buyers broke sales records in the purchase of semi-automatic rifles. Opting for these and other powerful, efficient weapons...

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Left convinced Americans will not fight for 2nd Amendment rights « Coach is Right

The left is convinced that the greatest majority of American citizens don't want anyone but criminals to have guns.

Guns for Me but Not for Thee​

By John Fund
01/07/2013

Just before Christmas, the local newspaper in New York’s tony Westchester and Rockland Counties decided to respond to the horrific shootings in nearby Newton, Conn., with its own version of insanity. The Journal News published an interactive “gun map” showing the names and addresses of thousands of local residents who have handgun permits. The article’s headline read, “The Gun Owner Next Door: What You Don’t Know about the Weapons in Your Neighborhood.” The paper explained that it had obtained the records by filing Freedom of Information Act requests with local officials. Publisher Janet Hasson defended the paper’s move by stating,...

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Guns for Me but Not for Thee - John Fund - National Review Online

So Grandpa Wolfen's planning armed rebellion if the assault weapons ban is reinstated?

Warning, old timer, that might require you to get dressed and leave the house. Fair warning.

Contrary to your opinion, I am out and about every day. In fact today I plowed my driveway for the second time. That's a lot more than you do in a week. My drive way is 200 yards long.

Last edited:

By John Fund
01/07/2013

Just before Christmas, the local newspaper in New York’s tony Westchester and Rockland Counties decided to respond to the horrific shootings in nearby Newton, Conn., with its own version of insanity. The Journal News published an interactive “gun map” showing the names and addresses of thousands of local residents who have handgun permits. The article’s headline read, “The Gun Owner Next Door: What You Don’t Know about the Weapons in Your Neighborhood.” The paper explained that it had obtained the records by filing Freedom of Information Act requests with local officials. Publisher Janet Hasson defended the paper’s move by stating,...

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Here are some interesting facts about Janet Hasson, the publisher of the Journal News:

Ms. Janet Hasson has been President and Publisher of The Journal News at Gannett Co., Inc. since June 2011. Ms. Hasson served as Senior Vice President of Circulation at Detroit Newspaper Agency (formerly Detroit Newspaper Partnership, L.P.) since October 2005. Ms. Hasson served as Senior Vice President of Circulation at Detroit Free Press, Inc. (Formerly The Democratic Free Press and Michigan Intelligencer). She served as senior vice president/audience development and ... strategy for the Detroit Media Partnership, publisher of the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News. Previously, she served as Detroit Media Partnership's vice president/circulation. She served as Vice President of circulation for the Democrat & Chronicle in Rochester, NY since 2004. She started her newspaper career in 1984 in her hometown of Spokane, WA, with The Spokesman-Review, where she served in management roles in advertising, marketing and community affairs, and as associate publisher of the newspaper's Journal of Business subsidiary. In 1997, she joined Gannett as a circulation and marketing executive at The Cincinnati Enquirer. Two years later, she was promoted to circulation director of The Idaho Statesman in Boise, ID, where she helped launch a publication for young readers and oversaw a Gannett regional call center. Ms. Hasson joined Detroit in 2005. She serves on the Newspaper Association of America's Liaison Committee with the Audit Bureau of Circulations, helping to create new audience measurement tools. In Detroit, she was an active participant in community organizations, including serving on the advisory board of the Southwest Detroit Salvation Army. She is a four-time winner of Gannett President's Ring award. Ms. Hasson holds a BA in Business Administration from Eastern Washington University, and attended the American Press Institute's Executive Development Program.

LINK: Janet Hasson: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek

By John Fund
01/07/2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

I heard speculation today that the man who was shot by the woman hiding in the closet might have a case against the local newspaper for not publishing her name and address which would have caused him to avoid robbing her house.

What really concerns me is the prospect of some Levin/Beck/Hannity-charged crazy person with a fuckin' gun running down the middle of the street screaming "the commies are coming, the commies are coming" just as one of my daughters is walking out to her car.

So Grandpa Wolfen's planning armed rebellion if the assault weapons ban is reinstated?

Warning, old timer, that might require you to get dressed and leave the house. Fair warning.

Contrary to your opinion, I am out and about every day. In fact today I plowed my driveway for the second time. That's a lot more than you do in a week. My drive way is 200 yards long.

that's awesome.

you can drive a truck almost a quarter mile.

next thing you know, you'll be chewing your own food!

:thup:

If the federal government wants to get you, your basement arsenal will not be much protection.

We spend about as much on our military as the rest of the world put together. If you get to thinking another American Revolution is in order, it's a guarantee you'll be outgunned.

This would appear obvious. It's apparently not. The nation's debate on guns is forced to accommodate people who believe they are poised to stand up to an Obama-led reign of tyranny, egged on by interest groups claiming to stand for freedom but who are mostly interested in selling more guns.

In reality, the line on legal weaponry is arbitrary. We could move it further out and allow people to buy backyard missile launchers. We could recognize the times in which the Second Amendment was written and restrict possession to nothing more advanced than what was available in the late 18th century. But it's wrong to say anything permissible today is sacrosanct.

Read more: Hugh Bailey: There is no argument for doing nothing - Connecticut Post

The Left is convinced Americans will not fight for 2nd Amendment rights
as usual the left is wrong again.

What really concerns me is the prospect of some Levin/Beck/Hannity-charged crazy person with a fuckin' gun running down the middle of the street screaming "the commies are coming, the commies are coming" just as one of my daughters is walking out to her car.

Ahem..., Oh, you mean like Lee Harvey Oswald self acclaimed Marxist, Amy Bishop another Liberal, Jared Loughner a registered Democrat and the list goes on and on. Even children of Liberals have been involved or attempted school shootings.

Ahem..., Oh, you mean like Lee Harvey Oswald self acclaimed Marxist, Amy Bishop another Liberal, Jared Loughner a registered Democrat and the list goes on and on. Even children of Liberals have been involved or attempted school shootings.

Yes! They were all mentally deranged and sick, driven nuts by their ideology and/or voices in their head.

Thanks for pointing that out.

If the federal government wants to get you, your basement arsenal will not be much protection.

We spend about as much on our military as the rest of the world put together. If you get to thinking another American Revolution is in order, it's a guarantee you'll be outgunned.

This would appear obvious. It's apparently not. The nation's debate on guns is forced to accommodate people who believe they are poised to stand up to an Obama-led reign of tyranny, egged on by interest groups claiming to stand for freedom but who are mostly interested in selling more guns.

In reality, the line on legal weaponry is arbitrary. We could move it further out and allow people to buy backyard missile launchers. We could recognize the times in which the Second Amendment was written and restrict possession to nothing more advanced than what was available in the late 18th century. But it's wrong to say anything permissible today is sacrosanct.

Read more: Hugh Bailey: There is no argument for doing nothing - Connecticut Post

Hmm..., if you think the war in Afghanistan has been long, try us. Americans are more than capable taking their government back from a tyrannical government.

Hmm..., if you think the war in Afghanistan has been long, try us. Americans are more than capable taking their government back from a tyrannical government.

Knock yourselves out, Sparky.

tell that to an a-130, loon :lol:

Did you have someone riding shotgun? 200 yards is a long way to go without adequate protection.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back