Left convinced Americans will not fight for 2nd Amendment rights

What really concerns me is the prospect of some Levin/Beck/Hannity-charged crazy person with a fuckin' gun running down the middle of the street screaming "the commies are coming, the commies are coming" just as one of my daughters is walking out to her car.

If that is one of your concerns, you have other problems that dwarf that idiotic fear.

If the federal government wants to get you, your basement arsenal will not be much protection.

We spend about as much on our military as the rest of the world put together. If you get to thinking another American Revolution is in order, it's a guarantee you'll be outgunned.

This would appear obvious. It's apparently not. The nation's debate on guns is forced to accommodate people who believe they are poised to stand up to an Obama-led reign of tyranny, egged on by interest groups claiming to stand for freedom but who are mostly interested in selling more guns.

In reality, the line on legal weaponry is arbitrary. We could move it further out and allow people to buy backyard missile launchers. We could recognize the times in which the Second Amendment was written and restrict possession to nothing more advanced than what was available in the late 18th century. But it's wrong to say anything permissible today is sacrosanct.

Read more: Hugh Bailey: There is no argument for doing nothing - Connecticut Post

Hmm..., if you think the war in Afghanistan has been long, try us. Americans are more than capable taking their government back from a tyrannical government.

No one is going to try to take anyone's guns away,we don't have a tyrannical government and probably never will. Does anyone actually think the GOP controlled House would ever let things go that far? If I were you, I'd kick whomever is trying to scare the shit out of you in the nuts because they are pulling your chain and you seem gullible enough to fall for it.

Hmm..., if you think the war in Afghanistan has been long, try us. Americans are more than capable taking their government back from a tyrannical government.

tell that to an a-130, loon :lol:

Are you referring to the AC-130 (Spooky)? Let's get nomenclature correct please. Americans are innovative and capable of anything they put their mind to. I don't believe that the majority of our military would kill their own citizens, I think they would turn against the gov't first.

What really concerns me is the prospect of some Levin/Beck/Hannity-charged crazy person with a fuckin' gun running down the middle of the street screaming "the commies are coming, the commies are coming" just as one of my daughters is walking out to her car.

If that is one of your concerns, you have other problems that dwarf that idiotic fear.

Truth be told, I don't take any of this armchair Rambo stuff seriously.

Some guys buy Corvettes to make themselves feel a little more manly, but guns are a helluva lot cheaper, I reckon.

I think "gun control" is a political loser for Obama and his ilk. My guess is that Feinstein's legislation will go nowhere....

I am not losing any sleep over it that's for sure!

Has that ever happened? Why then would it concern you?

You are probably 100 times more likely to see a Liberal gang banger with a fuckin gun running down the middle of the street screaming "the cops are coming, the cops are coming" just as one of your daughters is walking out to her car.

You are probably 100 times more likely to see a Liberal gang banger with a fuckin gun running down the middle of the street screaming "the cops are coming, the cops are coming" just as one of your daughters is walking out to her car.

Look up a couple of posts.

I think "gun control" is a political loser for Obama and his ilk. My guess is that Feinstein's legislation will go nowhere....

I am not losing any sleep over it that's for sure!
They're rattling their anti-gun legislation sabers for re-election. What a world, hm?

Are you referring to the AC-130 (Spooky)? Let's get nomenclature correct please. Americans are innovative and capable of anything they put their mind to. I don't believe that the majority of our military would kill their own citizens, I think they would turn against the gov't first.

the idea that you think is laughable on its face, sparky.

Do you really think the US Military will take up arms against it's own citizens? I find the prospect VERY unlikely. The military has taken an oath both to the C in C and the Constitution. If obeying the C in C and the Constitution are in conflict, I'm betting on the Constitution every time.

Look up a couple of posts.

Did you type what I quoted or not, weasel?

Do you really think the US Military will take up arms against it's own citizens? I find the prospect VERY unlikely. The military has taken an oath both to the C in C and the Constitution. If obeying the C in C and the Constitution are in conflict, I'm betting on the Constitution every time.

i think it's every bit as likely as the fuckwits like werebarfhen getting up out of their basements, casting aside their cheetoh bags and taking up arms, period.

The strongest purpose behind the 2nd Amendment is to protect American's right to keep and bear arms. Without that, you can bet that the present administration would be going full-speed ahead in the confiscation of all privately owned firearms.

In their ignorance, those on the left are priming the pumps for a bloodbath of epic proportions.

No one is going to try to take anyone's guns away,we don't have a tyrannical government and probably never will. Does anyone actually think the GOP controlled House would ever let things go that far? If I were you, I'd kick whomever is trying to scare the shit out of you in the nuts because they are pulling your chain and you seem gullible enough to fall for it.

Correct, there’ll be no ‘bans.’

Fight as in through the political process? of course they will

Fight as in "from my cold dead fingers'? Total rightwing fantasy

Forum List

Back