Lawsuit: Florida Clinic Botched Abortion, Threw Out Live Baby

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Eighteen and pregnant, Sycloria Williams went to an abortion clinic outside Miami and paid $1,200 for Dr. Pierre Jean-Jacque Renelique to terminate her 23-week pregnancy.

Three days later, she sat in a reclining chair, medicated to dilate her cervix and otherwise get her ready for the procedure.

Only Renelique didn't arrive in time. According to Williams and the Florida Department of Health, she went into labor and delivered a live baby girl.

What Williams and the Health Department say happened next has shocked people on both sides of the abortion debate: One of the clinic's owners, who has no medical license, cut the infant's umbilical cord. Williams says the woman placed the baby in a plastic biohazard bag and threw it out.

FOXNews.com - Lawsuit: Florida Clinic Botched Abortion, Threw Out Live Baby - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

i just saw this article and was disgusted. they should be tried for manslaughter, if not murder

Wait ... one was done on accident. So far all I have found were ones tossed in the dumpsters by parents who don't want them, this is a first.

i just saw this article and was disgusted. they should be tried for manslaughter, if not murder

ALL abortion is murder, period. They KILL the baby. Whether it's 4 weeks old or 25 weeks old, inside the womb or outside the womb... they MURDER the baby.

:sarcasm:Yea but it was in her body and a portion thereof according to those rights some would claim it's cool.:sarcasm:

ALL abortion is murder, period. They KILL the baby. Whether it's 4 weeks old or 25 weeks old, inside the womb or outside the womb... they MURDER the baby.

how bout we dont get into another rediculous "abortion is murder!" argument (because they always turn into arguments and not debates) and focus on the story

it wasn't a baby.

Don't you know that the president voted against giving the living breathing products of botched abortions 14th amendment protections?

As an Illinois state senator, Barack Obama twice opposed legislation to define as "persons" babies who survive late-term abortions. Babies like Gianna. Obama said in a speech on the Illinois Senate floor that he could not accept that babies wholly emerged from their mother's wombs are "persons," and thus deserving of equal protection under the Constitution's 14th Amendment.

The American Spectator : The Audacity of Death

This was very tragic if this is truly what happened. But some of this doesn't add up to me. It said the cause of death was extreme prematurity. Does that mean that the baby didn't bleed out? It seems to me like this is a case of another frivilous lawsuit. Why would she name the baby if she went to have an abortion? If the baby's lungs filled with air, wouldn't it be crying? Not trying to spark a debate, it just doesn't seem right to me.

what mde this **** rag decide to get an abortion at 28 weeks....i hope she rots in fucking hell

i simply cant fathom this....at all...but on the other side..this clinic will be closed due to this...i dont see how the clinic owner can avoid criminal charges.

This is one of the most extreme and worst cases I've heard of about an abortion. Truly, this was infanticide.

I'd like to know more details. I smell a rat.

Last edited:
I personally don't care for abortion, although I won't go as far as calling it murder during the first trimester. I do realize that there is a legitimate debate to my view. However, in this case, at 23 weeks, this baby was only a few weeks from definite survivability. At 23 weeks, the baby has awareness which makes it a human being, without a doubt, and without a doubt, this was murder.

why would the clinic toss the baby in the alley though?

i mean seems like they want to cover that up a little better...

ok, so the doc got his degree in Haiti...

i'm filing this under the coat hanger abortion department...

all the more reason for better regulations and easier access in the first trimester...

Last edited:
Um doeton you moron 23 weeks is very nearly the third trimester. And the one's fighting any kind of regulation are the abortion providers themselves.

This is horrible!

This doctor has had 5 previous malpractice suits against him of which his insurance has had to pay out, the article states...

This is what really pisses me off about the AMA, they always protect their own.....and KEEP these SHITTY ASS DOCTORS that have had one malpractice suit after another of which they were at fault instead of thaking their medical license away, which is what should happen.

Instead, people wonder why malpractice insurance is so high.... and it is so high for the innocent., good doctors, because the AMA KEEPS stupid ass lousy doctors and all the other good doctors have to pay for the shitty doctors mistakes through higher insurance.

I had heard that less than 5% of all Medical Doctors have been sued for malpractice and the 5% are major repeat offenders.

Anyway, sorry to change the subject

Forum List

Back