Lawlessness: Ignoring and Not Enforcing Federal Law--Repealing Obamacare

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
I was listening to the progressive radio show "The Norman Goldman Show" last week when during one of his rants he proclaimed that Mitt Romney was insincere about his claims that he would repeal the Affordable Care Act, and furthermore he would not have the power to do that as president--asking his little audience "What does he think he is a king?"

After giving it a little thought, I wondered what would prevent a Romney administration from taking the same actions the Obama administration has taken regarding federal immigration laws? Obama proclaimed that he is directing his appointments in the Dept of Homeland Security and US Immigration and Customs Enforcement to disregard federal laws and selectively enforce others with his own personal criteria--effectively doing an end run around Congress.

The Affordable Care Act grants the Secretary of Health and Human Services a huge array of powers and responsibilities, in fact there are countless provisions in that law that states "...which will be later determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services".

Using the precedent set by Obama, Romney appointees would be well within their rights to disregard and direct their agencies to not enforce the Affordable Care Act, or to simply selectively enforce certain provisions. A Romney Internal Revenue Service Commissioner could not enforce the individual mandate, or limit the number of audits of those lying about actually have insurance. Furthermore, several states have already stated that they will not enforce the Affordable Care Act, and with a complicit federal government, it would be rendered effectively repealed.

BTW Norman Goldman cut me off and told me that every president has selectively enforced federal law, and that it is quote "impossible to follow every federal law" before hanging up on me. Both these statements are demonstratively false.

BTW Norman Goldman cut me off and told me that every president has selectively enforced federal law, and that it is quote "impossible to follow every federal law" before hanging up on me. Both these statements are demonstratively false.
If he hadn't hung up on you it would've been easy for you to tell the lolberal putz that such "logic" cuts both ways.

Can't imagine what keeps those freaks on the air. :lol:

Constitutionally speaking, the President, in and of himself, does not have the power to repeal a law.

Romney has said time and time again, that if he elected, he would repeal Obamacare day one. Either he is a) ignorant of what the Constitution states, b) believes in using "Executive Order" to further bastardize the Constitution and it's proper adjudication, or c) using an empty talking point in hopes of swaying votes his way.

Constitutionally speaking, the President, in and of himself, does not have the power to repeal a law.

Romney has said time and time again, that if he elected, he would repeal Obamacare day one. Either he is a) ignorant of what the Constitution states, b) believes in using "Executive Order" to further bastardize the Constitution and it's proper adjudication, or c) using an empty talking point in hopes of swaying votes his way.

C for sure. Romney, McConnell and the rest are not going to repeal it. They are just trying to rally the base for votes. Keep in the mind the individual mandate is a republican idea.

After giving it a little thought, I wondered what would prevent a Romney administration from taking the same actions the Obama administration has taken regarding federal immigration laws? Obama proclaimed that he is directing his appointments in the Dept of Homeland Security and US Immigration and Customs Enforcement to disregard federal laws and selectively enforce others with his own personal criteria--effectively doing an end run around Congress.

It's not just a future president. It's every governor and mayor in america who may decide to just ignore laws he dislikes. Obozo has destroyed Rule of Law.

Reagan gave us a stupid amnesty but at least he did it legally, by getting congress to pass an amnesty law. He didn't just announce he would not enforce the law.

If he hadn't hung up on you it would've been easy for you to tell the lolberal putz that such "logic" cuts both ways.

Tell me do you guys go around yelling at cops to enforce every law on the books?

If so what does it pay?

Tell me do you guys go around yelling at cops to enforce every law on the books?

If so what does it pay?

That is your rebuttal? This administration has taken unprecedented actions and destroyed the rule of law--and all you can offer is a childish comment about police (NOT Federal Officers) and a presidential administration openly flaunting federal laws.

Let's be precise, Romney said that he on day 1 would move to get the law repealed. Not that he would repeal Obamacare on day 1.

If so what does it pay?

That is your rebuttal? This administration has taken unprecedented actions and destroyed the rule of law--and all you can offer is a childish comment about police (NOT Federal Officers) and a presidential administration openly flaunting federal laws.

You are insanely goofy! The law is constitutional. No matter how many times you say it does not mean that SCOTUS is going to change.

Goofy!

If so what does it pay?

You are insanely goofy! The law is constitutional. No matter how many times you say it does not mean that SCOTUS is going to change.

Goofy!
WTF are you blabbering about?...Do you even know what the topic here is?

If so what does it pay?

Well sure. Your op is fucking stupid.
law officers of all agencies pick and choose what laws to follow. Not my fault you are fucking stupid and have to make a point of it.

Let's be precise, Romney said that he on day 1 would move to get the law repealed. Not that he would repeal Obamacare on day 1.

After reviewing recent quotes, you are correct. I stand corrected. I did not hear him correctly.

And replace it with something else...

If so what does it pay?

Goofy!

In the ruling it was said that it is up to Congress to change this law.

But wait...Obama just ended the agreement with Arizona not to pick up found illegals, on his own via Napolitano...

But wait...Obama gave out waivers to hundred of entities for the asking....

But wait...Why do the damn Republicans think they have to go by the books and work through congress?

Well shiyit.. guess Romney won't be making the Executive Privilege declaring it null and void. It has to be great being king.

If so what does it pay?

law officers of all agencies pick and choose what laws to follow. Not my fault you are fucking stupid and have to make a point of it.

You know using profanity like a child doesn't make anything you say more relevant or insightful. You haven't addressed anything in the OP, besides of course the incredibly deep "your op is fucking stupid", and of course you believe you have proven something.

Again, what prevents a future administration from simply ignoring and not enforcing federal law--be it immigration laws or the Affordable Care Act. Think about it, and try to contribute something beyond what a child would say.

If so what does it pay?

Also, please give us all an example of law officers choosing not to follow laws? Give us all an example of a previous presidential administration decreeing that they will be directing their agencies to flaunt federal law--choosing not to enforce it.

This should be interesting. You are purposely misrepresenting the facts, or, more likely, willfully ignorant.

Also, please give us all an example of law officers choosing not to follow laws? Give us all an example of a previous presidential administration decreeing that they will be directing their agencies to flaunt federal law--choosing not to enforce it.

This should be interesting. You are purposely misrepresenting the facts, or, more likely, willfully ignorant.

Bush's 100 plus signing statements purposefully misrepresenting the intent of passed legislation?

That's not what he said. You are omitting a couple words. He's has said he would 'act' from day 1 to repeal Obamacare.

That's not what he said. You are omitting a couple words. He's has said he would 'act' from day 1 to repeal Obamacare.
Try reading all my posts.

Bush's 100 plus signing statements purposefully misrepresenting the intent of passed legislation?

There is a significant difference between exercising presidential signing statements, which Obama has done himself, and decreeing without an executive order or a change in the law that the president directs is subordinates to ignore and not enforce federal law.

Also, it is intriguing that the left never mentioned the words presidential signing statements when Clinton--who used them nearly as often as Bush--was in office or executive privilege--which Clinton used much more than Bush. The left never gave a damn about signing statements or executive privilege under Clinton, but screamed bloody hell under Bush. Hypocrites to the core.

Forum List

Back