Law Professor: Loretta Lynch did not violate legal ethics in meeting with Bill Clinton

What is the difference between meeting on a plane and a phone call?

why do you ask stupid questions

Really? Why couldn't Bill just call her? Maybe because they worried about wire taps? They know the plane is safe?

yes---they could worry about wire-tap

So you are convinced they did have something to hide?

I am convinced that the private meeting has the appearance
of IMPROPRIETY and they may have both felt that the privacy
afforded them the opportunity to speak FREELY

Regarding a recent airport meeting with Bill Clinton, Attorney General Loretta Lynch does not need to recuse herself from Hillary Clinton's email investigation, a law professor said:

From the standpoint of legal ethics, Lynch did nothing wrong, said New York University law school professor Stephen Gillers. Gillers said he didn't think the attorney general needed to recuse herself from overseeing the email probe. But Gillers took a sterner tone with Bill Clinton.

Bipartisan Disapproval Follows Bill Clinton's Meeting With Loretta Lynch

This represents a major blow to fake-scandal peddling right wing nuts and the minority of butt-hurt Bernie supporters who lost the primaries.
you can only say that if you have a transcript of the meeting

Regarding a recent airport meeting with Bill Clinton, Attorney General Loretta Lynch does not need to recuse herself from Hillary Clinton's email investigation, a law professor said:

From the standpoint of legal ethics, Lynch did nothing wrong, said New York University law school professor Stephen Gillers. Gillers said he didn't think the attorney general needed to recuse herself from overseeing the email probe. But Gillers took a sterner tone with Bill Clinton.

This represents a major blow to fake-scandal peddling right wing nuts and the minority of butt-hurt Bernie supporters who lost the primaries.

what was the "STERNER TONE"----with bill Clinton----in my view they are both responsible for that which BOTH DID

Nope, Bill Clinton is not a public servant, and therefore did nothing wrong. It's all on her and she should be fired or resign, and get violently raped by the press.

both are responsible----BILL is a public servant for LIFE

Really? Never heard that a past POTUS is still considered a public servant. He's not getting a paycheck from the US government, what are his duties? I think you're stretching.

If he wasn't he'd simply be known as Mr. Clinton

Really? Why couldn't Bill just call her? Maybe because they worried about wire taps? They know the plane is safe?

I'm not convinced they don't have something to hide are you?

86402485dbfif.jpg

“I think it was a mistake,” Mukasey said. “People make mistakes all the time. It was a mistake because you don’t take a meeting with the spouse of somebody who was the subject of an investigation by your department. It’s not that that’s a written rule any more than it’s a written rule that a surgeon washes his hands before he operates. There are some things that are so elementary that you don’t have to have a written rule to have them in effect.” Former AG Michael Mukasey

I saw Lynch on TV this morning, saying it was a few sentences typical of seeing your neighbor on the way to work. I still don't understand why that brief chat required a half hour in Lynch's taxpayer funded plane...

“I think it was a mistake,” Mukasey said. “People make mistakes all the time. It was a mistake because you don’t take a meeting with the spouse of somebody who was the subject of an investigation by your department. It’s not that that’s a written rule any more than it’s a written rule that a surgeon washes his hands before he operates. There are some things that are so elementary that you don’t have to have a written rule to have them in effect.” Former AG Michael Mukasey

surgeons washing hands is A BIG TIME RULE. I do not believe that two lawyers made that "MISTAKE"

I saw Lynch on TV this morning, saying it was a few sentences typical of seeing your neighbor on the way to work. I still don't understand why that brief chat required a half hour in Lynch's taxpayer funded plane...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This is how these shitbags operate

Hillary told her sniper fire story multiple times until the video surfaced

Bill dindu nuffin until there was DNA evidence.

These people will simply tell the same lie over and over and over and over again unless there is irrefutable proof that it is false. It's what and who they are.

There would be no meeting without cause and it wasn't to have a social chat. That's absurd. The fact that that's the story makes it more suspect, not less.

I could believe ----we sat on a park bench for 1/2 hour CASUALLY or-----we sat in the airport casually----but not
"LET's CLIMB INTO THIS NICE COMFY EMPTYAIRPLANE---for a short little nothing social chat" SOOO 'how are the grandkids"??

I'm not convinced they don't have something to hide are you?

I don't think that Lynch and Billy are good friends.

I don't think that Bill just stopped so Lynch could serve them coffee.

I do think that they met on the plane because then everything could be controlled.

When people act like Clinton and Lynch did, then yeah I think they have something to hide.

you can only say that if you have a transcript of the meeting

We can't get transcripts from Mrs. Tuzla's Goldman Sach speeches, try getting a transcript of a secret meeting. Good luck.

It still looks really freaking shady, but of course that only matters if the people involved have any scruples.

I agree. It is shady. She's investigating Hitlery and then meets with hubby Bill??

Can't get much shadier than that.

Especially considering the willie could be a witness or potentially be charged, after all the server with all that classified information was in his home also.

Except there are written rules.

Lynch’s Surreptitious Meeting With Clinton Violates DOJ Ethics Regs

All lawyers are trained to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. Worse for Lynch, her meeting with Clinton surely violates the Department of Justice ethics regulations. TheDepartment's Ethics Handbook requires the Attorney General to avoid the appearance of impropriety:

Lynch's Surreptitious Meeting with Clinton Violates DOJ Ethics Regs | RedState

Ethics Handbook for On and Off-Duty Conduct | JMD | Department of Justice

It still looks really freaking shady, but of course that only matters if the people involved have any scruples.

I agree. It is shady. She's investigating Hitlery and then meets with hubby Bill??

Can't get much shadier than that.

Especially considering the willie could be a witness or potentially be charged, after all the server with all that classified information was in his home also.

Could be he was explaining that the house he owned but he seldom lived there, wasn't allowed.

gee----I never gave it much thought-----do bill and hellary LIVE
together-----uhm <blushing> .......same bedroom? ------
---twin beds or-----a queen sized rig??----BUNK BEDS??

Forum List

Back