Law Professor: Loretta Lynch did not violate legal ethics in meeting with Bill Clinton

Regarding a recent airport meeting with Bill Clinton, Attorney General Loretta Lynch does not need to recuse herself from Hillary Clinton's email investigation, a law professor said:

From the standpoint of legal ethics, Lynch did nothing wrong, said New York University law school professor Stephen Gillers. Gillers said he didn't think the attorney general needed to recuse herself from overseeing the email probe. But Gillers took a sterner tone with Bill Clinton.

Bipartisan Disapproval Follows Bill Clinton's Meeting With Loretta Lynch

This represents a major blow to fake-scandal peddling right wing nuts and the minority of butt-hurt Bernie supporters who lost the primaries.

I call Bullshit. It is completely inappropriate for her to meet privately with the husband of a person who is the subject of an FBI investigation. There is an overwhelming appearance of impropriety in this case. Don't believe me? If this were a Republican ex POTUS meeting with a US attorney who served under him while his wife was under investigation it would be front page news, and every Dem on the planet would be demanding her resignation.
Are you a Law Professor?

You don't need to be a law professor to know this is wrong, and for the record I have heard other legal experts (lawyers, judges) say how inappropriate it is for a prosecutor to fraternize with subjects involved or close to an investigation. If your engine starts on fire you don't need to be a mechanic to know something is wrong.....somethings are just obvious.

Regarding a recent airport meeting with Bill Clinton, Attorney General Loretta Lynch does not need to recuse herself from Hillary Clinton's email investigation, a law professor said:

This represents a major blow to fake-scandal peddling right wing nuts and the minority of butt-hurt Bernie supporters who lost the primaries.

what was the "STERNER TONE"----with bill Clinton----in my view they are both responsible for that which BOTH DID

Nope, Bill Clinton is not a public servant, and therefore did nothing wrong. It's all on her and she should be fired or resign, and get violently raped by the press.

both are responsible----BILL is a public servant for LIFE

Really? Never heard that a past POTUS is still considered a public servant. He's not getting a paycheck from the US government, what are his duties? I think you're stretching.

He gets a pension, and a pretty hefty one at that.

That would indicate he is retired from public service, Thanks for that.

From the standpoint of legal ethics, Lynch did nothing wrong, said New York University law school professor Stephen Gillers. Gillers said he didn't think the attorney general needed to recuse herself from overseeing the email probe. But Gillers took a sterner tone with Bill Clinton.

I call Bullshit. It is completely inappropriate for her to meet privately with the husband of a person who is the subject of an FBI investigation. There is an overwhelming appearance of impropriety in this case. Don't believe me? If this were a Republican ex POTUS meeting with a US attorney who served under him while his wife was under investigation it would be front page news, and every Dem on the planet would be demanding her resignation.
Are you a Law Professor?

You don't need to be a law professor to know this is wrong, and for the record I have heard other legal experts (lawyers, judges) say how inappropriate it is for a prosecutor to fraternize with subjects involved or close to an investigation. If your engine starts on fire you don't need to be a mechanic to know something is wrong.....somethings are just obvious.

so true-----it just does not pass THE SMELL TEST

what was the "STERNER TONE"----with bill Clinton----in my view they are both responsible for that which BOTH DID

Nope, Bill Clinton is not a public servant, and therefore did nothing wrong. It's all on her and she should be fired or resign, and get violently raped by the press.

Really? Never heard that a past POTUS is still considered a public servant. He's not getting a paycheck from the US government, what are his duties? I think you're stretching.

yes-----retired. so? he can now spit at his responsibilities and pretend he does not KNOW-------R. Reagan could have done that only when his alzheimers had completely dissolved his brain

What both Clintons should get for free because they deserve it so much is free room and board.

Yep, you get a pension when you are RETIRED.

Yep, you get a pension when you are RETIRED.

retired means you are no longer WORKING-----not dead

yes-----retired. so? he can now spit at his responsibilities and pretend he does not KNOW-------R. Reagan could have done that only when his alzheimers had completely dissolved his brain

I am not suggesting that it wasn't sleazy on Bill's behalf. I am only saying he is not the person who compromised his position as a federal employee.

I am not suggesting that it wasn't sleazy on Bill's behalf. I am only saying he is not the person who compromised his position as a federal employee.

ok---I say it compromised BOTH-------they were both there---they both attended law school ------they both knew who the other guy was-----C'mon now

The fact she didn't violate any legal ethics according to some people does not make what she did any less stupid. That she didn't seem to realize the impression that was going to give is truly incredible.

The fact she didn't violate any legal ethics according to some people does not make what she did any less stupid. That she didn't seem to realize the impression that was going to give is truly incredible.

yep, another dimwitted obama appointee, now hiding behind her own stupidity.

what a joke.

Bill is campaigning for mrs. clinton everyday. His staff are paid campaign workers from mrs. clinton's campaign. His private jet is being paid for by the campaign. etc. etc.
He is not performing a public service of any kind.

Bill is campaigning for mrs. clinton everyday. His staff are paid campaign workers from mrs. clinton's campaign. His private jet is being paid for by the campaign. etc. etc.
He is not performing a public service of any kind.

more reasons why he should not have private conversation with LORETTA

What is the difference between meeting on a plane and a phone call?

It still looks really freaking shady, but of course that only matters if the people involved have any scruples.

I agree. It is shady. She's investigating Hitlery and then meets with hubby Bill??

Can't get much shadier than that.

Forum List

Back