Zone1 Late night radio and paranormal

The strange part is that I don't even have to see them.
I understand. The phenomenon of seeing what seems to be fleeting movement barely within one's peripheral vision though isn't quite the same thing. And so far nothing has ever been there that I could discern either physically or spiritually. But because of the sensation of it being a 'person', I do wonder if that is what caused the Art Bell/George Noory concept of 'shadow people'?

However, a few years ago we kept a mini dachshund for nine months for a friend who received and recuperated from a heart transplant out of state. And sometimes she would be in my lap when I was working late a night. The only lights on would be in my office that also cast some light into the otherwise darkened great room and kitchen. And every now and then she would be sleeping, come awake and she would be watching something moving with her head turning until whatever it was would be gone.

Now THAT sort of creeped me out even though she didn't seem alarmed and would then go back to sleep. I never saw anything. So what was it? A moth flying in the semi darkness? Who knows. Maybe nothing.

I understand. The phenomenon of seeing what seems to be fleeting movement barely within one's peripheral vision though isn't quite the same thing. And so far nothing has ever been there that I could discern either physically or spiritually. But because of the sensation of it being a 'person', I do wonder if that is what caused the Art Bell/George Noory concept of 'shadow people'?

However, a few years ago we kept a mini dachshund for nine months for a friend who received and recuperated from a heart transplant out of state. And sometimes she would be in my lap when I was working late a night. The only lights on would be in my office that also cast some light into the otherwise darkened great room and kitchen. And every now and then she would be sleeping, come awake and she would be watching something moving with her head turning until whatever it was would be gone.

Now THAT sort of creeped me out even though she didn't seem alarmed and would then go back to sleep. I never saw anything. So what was it? A moth flying in the semi darkness? Who knows. Maybe nothing.
Mothman?

I have friends, both passed on now, who bought a home near the beach in Hawaii. These are both college educated, professional highly intelligent people who are not the least bit gullible about anything. They finally had to mention to each other that on several occasions they had each encountered for want of a better explanation what they described as a 'spirit being.' They finally decided they had to accept their house was haunted with something even though the phenomenon never occurred when they were together for whatever reason.

They didn't go so far to say this 'apparition' was a ghost. But it was something they could not explain. They also did not feel frightened or threatened about it.

I myself have never see a ghost or anything that could have been a ghost though I have visited many places that are reported to be haunted. I've always wanted to see what others see though as I know all those people aren't hallucinating or making things up. I don't know what it is they are seeing. But what they are seeing it is simply easier to define as a 'ghost.'
Same with us, and the kids grew up with it, so they were not afraid either.
It kind of became a positive feeling really, kind of fun. With the predictable footsteps pattern, that might be the only occurrence that make you a little uneasy. By all indications it/they were unaware of our presence. There was never any kind of contact, or behavioral changes, pattern changes that would indicate it had any idea we were there.

Shadow people in my old home where I grew up. And other strange things happened in that house. But for a while, I had what you described images at the corner of my eye until I discovered on my own it was my new glasses causing it. So I had them redone and those images went away.

i absolutely believe in the paranormal... i have seen things move in my peripheral vision many times, smelled aromas when there shouldnt be
( particularly cigars - which my father use to smoke) & occasionally, i will feel a slight nudge or poke.

i like this youtube channel - it has some videos that are obviously faked, but also many that can't be explained.

https://www.youtube.com/c/BizarreBub

Aw I've seen some stuff like that. It's more fun to hear them tell the stories though and discuss their theories. I haven't listened to late night/very early morning radio for some time so don't know if that's still being done. But it was quite entertaining at the time and did peak your curiosity as to how much of it was true. :)
Still, check him out. He’s very entertaining, him and his “sidekick”.

And no, I’m not affiliated with him in any way, I just enjoy his shows, they are really good production quality, and he’s a great narrator.

Okay I'm bored with politics, partisanship and ideological ugliness for awhile. So changing horses. . .

For many years I worked out of our home and generally would do reports and other paper work from after the evening news until sometime in the wee hours of the morning. There were no interruptions or others needing me during those hours.

But I prefer some noise to total silence and having to change the music cds in the Bose was distracting so I usually had late night radio running in the background. And on our local talk radio station that included for some time Art Bell and then George Noory and their ecletic commentary often including the paranormal.

I tuned most of it out but every now and then got intrigued by a topic involving things like 'shadow people'--glimpses of what seem to be people out of the corner of your eye but then aren't there when you turn to look. And I'll admit, usually at night when I'm alone at my desk, I will see something that appears to move in the living room or kitchen, both visible from my office, but isn't there when I look for it.

What do you think? Power of suggestion? Or does anybody else experience this bit of phenomena?
sounds like the power of suggestion to me :)

sounds like the power of suggestion to me :)
I don't think so. Because I had been experiencing that particular phenomenon long before I discovered and started listening to Art Bell/Coast to Coast which, of necessity, I take more as entertainment than fact.

But apparently you have not experienced it which is not all that unusual either. Others, but not all, have told me they have also experienced it.. Maybe it takes a certain temperament. I don't know. But it's interesting to me.

I also do Jungian based temperament typing as an avocation and I am strongly intuitive as are many people. I wonder if that is a factor? I haven't even attempted to test it.

On saturday evenings I-heart-radio plays a 20 year old art bell...somewhere in time.

It plays until midnight when the current coast to coast comes on...most enjoyable to listen to with a beer. If it's spooky I'll turn off all the lights & light an oil lamp :)

They didn't talk about the shadow people a lot but both did mention them from time to time. It just always intrigued me that maybe that very brief sense of movement in the corner of my eye--movement that was never anything when I looked--was what people were describing as 'shadow people.'
When I was a young child I was afraid of the dark. In the darkness my imagination would get the better of me and I did imagine what could be called shadow people. This is long before I ever heard about shadow people on late night radio or anywhere else.

When I was a young child I was afraid of the dark. In the darkness my imagination would get the better of me and I did imagine what could be called shadow people. This is long before I ever heard about shadow people on late night radio or anywhere else.
So according to Art Bell and George Noory maybe you weren't just imagining. :) I never see them in the complete darkness though. But those illusions of movement occur in just barely lighted areas, are fleeting, quickly gone. And they occur only once or maybe twice only very occasionally. Never frightening though the guys on late night didn't think these 'beings' or whatever they are were up to anything good.

But hey. We're almost into Halloween month. :)

Actually I don't know what I see if anything at all, nor does it worry me all. I have always had a very active imagination and from my very young childhood reveled in fairy tales with good and bad witches, trolls under bridges, sorcery and magic, fairy godmothers, and still enjoy the more grown up versions of that, like Harry Potter. :)

Shadow people in my old home where I grew up. And other strange things happened in that house. But for a while, I had what you described images at the corner of my eye until I discovered on my own it was my new glasses causing it. So I had them redone and those images went away.
LOL Changing glasses hasn't fixed whatever phenomenon is occurring here but oh well.

Our home was owned by a lady who lived alone and eventually died of old age here. And Hombre (my hubby) and I like to think she still haunts here. Sometimes on a seemingly windless day, the front door will explicably slowly come open and we figure it's here coming in. :) And we sometimes hear what sounds like her puttering around in the kitchen. I do not for a minute think this is anything paranormal but it's just fun to pretend.

We also had the vet come here to put down our last fur friend, the best, smartest dog we had ever known. We have long had the doggy door taken out and closed up and, though we dog sit for many other people, have not replaced him. But we swear sometimes we hear the doggy door snap like it did when he would come in from outside and hear his claws clicking on the tile floor. Again we don't for a minute think any of that unusual or anything paranormal. But it's fun to imagine.

although i have not experienced them, (yet) ~ orbs fascinate me very much.

I once read something about early night-vision tech being used in the viet nam war (or maybe it was korea). American soldiers wearing the NV goggles could see entities from another dimension and it was freaking them out bad!

They had to change something in the goggles to make it so the soldiers couldn't see them any more.

Forum List

Back