Larry Kudlow lied about the budget deficit

Tax receipts are up under the new tax plan.

Nice try.

Federal Revenues for FY 2018 are projected to be slightly higher than for FY 2017 ($3.34 Trillion versus $3.32 Trillion), however the deficit increase is being driven by the fact that federal spending has increased faster than revenue, primarily due to mandatory spending increases (SS and Medicare being the biggest) and defense spending increases that weren't completely offset.

Correct, but the OP is trying to blame the tax cuts for the current deficits, and that it is false.

Yeah well, partisan mouthpieces will be partisan mouthpieces, they've always got to BLAME the other "side" or they aren't serving their purpose, however it *may* be correct if the economic growth rates that were used as justification for the tax cuts fail to materialize. However given the predictions for the 2nd Quarter 2018 GDP growth (4% or higher) it looks somewhat positive so far, we'll see how it turns out over a statistically significant period I suppose.

Nice try.

Federal Revenues for FY 2018 are projected to be slightly higher than for FY 2017 ($3.34 Trillion versus $3.32 Trillion), however the deficit increase is being driven by the fact that federal spending has increased faster than revenue, primarily due to mandatory spending increases (SS and Medicare being the biggest) and defense spending increases that weren't completely offset.

Correct, but the OP is trying to blame the tax cuts for the current deficits, and that it is false.

Yeah well, partisan mouthpieces will be partisan mouthpieces, they've always got to BLAME the other "side" or they aren't serving their purpose, however it *may* be correct if the economic growth rates that were used as justification for the tax cuts fail to materialize. However given the predictions for the 2nd Quarter 2018 GDP growth (4% or higher) it looks somewhat positive so far, we'll see how it turns out over a statistically significant period I suppose.

The predictions for the 1st quarter were in the 4 to 5 range...GDP predictors are a lot like TV weathermen, wrong most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Nice try.

The predictions for the 1st quarter were in the 4 to 5 range...GDP predictors are a lot like TV weathermen, wrong most of the time
Yeah, historically inaccuracies are most prevalent in first quarters.

Personally I'm a bit more optimistic for the 2nd Quarter 2018 GDP growth, Third Quarter not so much since President Twitter seems bound and determined to let his protectionist tendencies and penchant for saber rattling gum up the works, we'll see.

Oh, this is silly. It's still too early to judge the effects of the tax cuts, especially when it comes to the deficit and GDP growth. They've only been in effect for about five months.

Yes, GDP growth was revised downward to 2% for the first quarter of this year--that's January, February, and March.

In the meantime:

* Over 1.1 million new jobs have been created since Janauary of this year:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

* We have seen the three of the four largest jumps in manufacturing jobs for the last 15 years since Trump was elected.

* The stock market has grown more under Trump in 18 months than it did under Obama in 8 years.

* Unemployment is lower than it has been in over 20 years.

* Black and Hispanic unemployment rates are at historic lows.

* Americans are starting to pay down their debts, probably because of the big jump in take-home pay that millions of Americans have enjoyed thanks to the tax cuts.

Wrong, tax receipts are up this year already. Income tax won’t be collected until next year, but most every other tax is collected during the year.

I already pointed out Congress is responsible for spending, not the President.
Here you are in 2010:
When we have a President and a lapdog Congress who actually believe they can spend their way out of debt, we have every right to judge.

Trump and the GOP passed a $1.5 trillion deficit tax cut. Spending their way out of debt.

2013:

"Deficits" are not down. The yearly deficit is still over a trillion dollars per year, adding to the national debt every year.

Math much?

2017:
Eight years of Obozo adding ten trillion to the debt

How funny you now say the President is NOT responsible for the debt!

Unless you eliminate the deficit each year, you're just adding to the debt.

Eat you own words, shitbird.

Deficits are UP. The debt is ACCELERATING.

Fact. Kudlow lied.

I wonder how many trillions of dollars of debt Trump will have to add before the pseudocons finally admit it.

Talk about being willfully blind!!!

I wonder how many trillions of dollars of debt Trump will have to add before the pseudocons finally admit it.

Talk about being willfully blind!!!

watch them ignore the hell out of this ..

Donald Trump’s revised tax proposal, which would significantly reduce marginal tax rates, increase standard deduction amounts, repeal personal exemptions, cap itemized deductions, and allow businesses to elect to expense new investment and not deduct interest expense. His proposal would cut taxes at all income levels, although the largest benefits, in dollar and percentage terms, would go to the highest-income households.

Federal revenues would fall by $6.2 trillion over the first decade before accounting for added interest costs and macroeconomic effects. Including those factors, the federal debt would rise by at least $7.0 trillion over the first decade and by at least $20.7 trillion by 2036.

Nice try.

Do you have something to support this claim?

see - another 20 trillion to the debt by 2036 is like water off a ducks back to RW's

F' em

Wrong, tax receipts are up this year already. Income tax won’t be collected until next year, but most every other tax is collected during the year.

I already pointed out Congress is responsible for spending, not the President.
Here you are in 2010:
When we have a President and a lapdog Congress who actually believe they can spend their way out of debt, we have every right to judge.

Trump and the GOP passed a $1.5 trillion deficit tax cut. Spending their way out of debt.

2013:

"Deficits" are not down. The yearly deficit is still over a trillion dollars per year, adding to the national debt every year.

Math much?

2017:
Eight years of Obozo adding ten trillion to the debt

How funny you now say the President is NOT responsible for the debt!

Unless you eliminate the deficit each year, you're just adding to the debt.

Eat you own words, shitbird.

Deficits are UP. The debt is ACCELERATING.

Fact. Kudlow lied.

Did I claim deficits weren’t up, dipshit? I already stated it’s up to congress to pass a balanced budget. The topic at hand is whether or not the tax cuts bring in more revenue, meaning they aren’t responsible for the increase in the deficit. Spending is. President Trump is responsible for signing the budget into law, so the deficit is on him too, but at least he has spurred the economy within a year of being elected, unlike your beloved Hussein who ran up the deficit and did nothing to strengthen the economy.

Yeah, the standard deviation between BEA advance and third is higher for the first quarter than any other quarter, apparently the BEA isn't very good at predicting Winter Weather and the extent of its impact on GDP, perhaps they should hire some better meteorologists.

Yeah, the standard deviation between BEA advance and third is higher for the first quarter than any other quarter, apparently the BEA isn't very good at predicting Winter Weather and the extent of its impact on GDP, perhaps they should hire some better meteorologists.

Do you have the actual numbers?

BEA.gov, feel free to check my math, let me know if you come up with a different result.

BEA.gov, feel free to check my math, let me know if you come up with a different result.

How can I check your numbers if you do not give them to me. BEA.gov has thousands of different sets of numbers, why the fear in linking to what you actually used?

Trump has returned us to trillion dollar deficits in one quarter of the time it took Obama to reduce them to less than half that.

What an amazing achievement! Way to go Trump! :clap:

Forum List

Back