Larry Kudlow lied about the budget deficit

Tax receipts are up under the new tax plan.

Nice try.

Fact checked your claim. You are wrong. Paul Ryan Misleads on Corporate Tax Revenues - FactCheck.org

Your article is from April. Just a month later the CBO admitted it was wrong as tax receipts were $40 billion more than they estimated.
CBO forecasts largest-ever monthly surplus as record tax receipts pour in

Your focus on “corporate tax revenues” is also a misdirection. Did I say “corporate tax receipts”? No. I said tax receipts as in overall tax receipts.
Corporate taxes were cut in order to grow the economy, which it has. Meanwhile the Federal government collected more taxes by other means such as tariffs.

Tax rates don’t control what the deficit will be, only how much money the feds draw in. The deficit is contingent on spending, which Dems refuse to cut. President Trump’s tax cuts have worked. Congress has failed to pass a balanced budget.

Nice try.

Fact checked your claim. You are wrong. Paul Ryan Misleads on Corporate Tax Revenues - FactCheck.org

Your article is from April. Just a month later the CBO admitted it was wrong as tax receipts were $40 billion more than they estimated.

Your focus on “corporate tax revenues” is also a misdirection. Did I say “corporate tax receipts”? No. I said tax receipts as in overall tax receipts.
Corporate taxes were cut in order to grow the economy, which it has. Meanwhile the Federal government collected more taxes by other means such as tariffs.

Tax rates don’t control what the deficit will be, only how much money the feds draw in. The deficit is contingent on spending, which Dems refuse to cut. President Trump’s tax cuts have worked. Congress has failed to pass a balanced budget.

The tax payments creating the surplus are from 2017...before the tax cuts took effect.

Maybe you should try reading your article.

Meanwhile, the deficit is exploding because tax revenue is way down.

Oh and BTW, republicans control Congress and spending.

He claimed the tax cuts were leading to a decrease in the budget deficit. The opposite is true.

This is how Larry Kudlow defines a falling deficit

So far the Trump tax cuts have failed. Economic growth was revised downward to 2% last quarter.

You can't hang around Donald for very long without becoming a proficient liar.

Funny - These tax cuts just become less popular than hemorrhoids - 1.5 trillion .. Wanna blow up the national debt? Elect a Republican!

The Trump Tax Cuts Are Still Unpopular. That’s a Crisis for Conservatives.

Last edited:

Nice try.

Tax receipts from the old tax plan. So stupid.

Nice try.

The tax payments creating the surplus are from 2017...before the tax cuts took effect.

Wrong, tax receipts are up this year already. Income tax won’t be collected until next year, but most every other tax is collected during the year.

I already pointed out Congress is responsible for spending, not the President.

Tax cuts without spending cuts are W-nomics.

Tax cuts with spending cuts were what happened during Gingrich/Clinton, and the result was a budget surplus and a booming fully employed economy with nobody bitching about the minimum wage.

After 1998, government spending starting rising rapidly, and we have been paying the price ever since. Until spending is cut dramatically, nothing will really change.

Nice try.

Wrong, tax receipts are up this year already. Income tax won’t be collected until next year, but most every other tax is collected during the year.

Tax receipts from the 2017 fiscal year were collected in April, you moron. Tax receipts for this fiscal year are going to be way down.

You claimed democrats in Congress were the reason spending is up when Republicans are in control.

You are wrong but can't admit it.

Nice try.

Federal Revenues for FY 2018 are projected to be slightly higher than for FY 2017 ($3.34 Trillion versus $3.32 Trillion), however the deficit increase is being driven by the fact that federal spending has increased faster than revenue, primarily due to mandatory spending increases (SS and Medicare being the biggest) and defense spending increases that weren't completely offset.

Nice try.

Tax receipts are up at a much slower pace than the previous year.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Nice try.

Federal Revenues for FY 2018 are projected to be slightly higher than for FY 2017 ($3.34 Trillion versus $3.32 Trillion), however the deficit increase is being driven by the fact that federal spending has increased faster than revenue, primarily due to mandatory spending increases (SS and Medicare being the biggest) and defense spending increases that weren't completely offset.

Correct, but the OP is trying to blame the tax cuts for the current deficits, and that it is false.

Nice try.

Correct, but the OP is trying to blame the tax cuts for the current deficits, and that it is false.

They are partially to blame, the amount per day being added to the deficit almost doubled when they took effect and there was no big increase in spending

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back