Ladies, Lets go Shopping!

Well I have a black suit and do not want to wear black. Something with color and it isn't casual...since the wedding is at 4:30 and the reception goes into the night...they do have contingency plans if the weather is bad.

I want a classy style with color. Price range from 100 to 200 tops.

Did you look at the link I posted?
Nothing was over $100.

We all need some advice from time to time on clothes and since I don't have a daughter or close friend near me to shop, I'm recruiting you ladies here.

After you help me maybe others want to just shop for the heck of it. Post the Link of item and we can discuss.

What I'm looking for:

I'm attending a wedding in late October in Northern Va. I am not in the wedding but it is an inlaw who is getting married. The wedding is outside at 4:30 PM. Average temp for that time is in the low 60's and that is if it's a normal temp pattern.

So: Outside wedding: Cool to Cold; Size 5 I wear.

Post links:lol:

BCBGMAXAZRIA Split Neck Dress (Nordstrom Exclusive) - View All - Nordstrom

Rebecca Taylor 'Cheetah Me Good' Dress - Rebecca Taylor - Nordstrom

all my semi formal wear are on the black color side. LOL. I have like 20 dresses and pants in black. I just realized my entire wardrobe seems to be black and browns. I think it's time for color. I also have an olive type complexion.

Let me search for something I kind of like to help others out to see me.

Green olives or black olives?

Sheath with a matching duster or jacket.

Or something like this (I'm always about comfort):
Surplice floral-print dress at Newport-News.com

Or this:
Maggy London Stretch Satin Sheath Dress - Guest of Wedding - Nordstrom

Or this:

zoomRegionRectangle.png

Adrianna Papell Crisscross Weave Dress with Bolero Jacket - - Nordstrom

all my semi formal wear are on the black color side. LOL. I have like 20 dresses and pants in black. I just realized my entire wardrobe seems to be black and browns. I think it's time for color. I also have an olive type complexion.

Let me search for something I kind of like to help others out to see me.

Green olives or black olives?
pfffffffffft:lol:

A scarf?

Lol. I dunno..outdoor weddings are always a risk and 60 is pretty chilly, particualrly if a breeze kicks up (btw, a breeze will kick that skirt right up around your ears).

Heavy duty underwear that will help keep you warm. A wrap won't work with that look. In fact I can't think of any sort of jacket/coat that would...except a trench. There are short trench coats, a long one will just cover you up, you could wear anything and it wouldn't make any difference.

You could always take a Pendleton blanket with you, lol. That's the way the Indians do it for funerals and weddings. They wear their clothes, and if the weather turns, they grab their blankets and wrap up.

A scarf?

Lol. I dunno..outdoor weddings are always a risk and 60 is pretty chilly, particualrly if a breeze kicks up (btw, a breeze will kick that skirt right up around your ears).

Heavy duty underwear that will help keep you warm. A wrap won't work with that look. In fact I can't think of any sort of jacket/coat that would...except a trench. There are short trench coats, a long one will just cover you up, you could wear anything and it wouldn't make any difference.

You could always take a Pendleton blanket with you, lol. That's the way the Indians do it for funerals and weddings. They wear their clothes, and if the weather turns, they grab their blankets and wrap up.
so, what you are saying I'm screwed? LOL

We all need some advice from time to time on clothes and since I don't have a daughter or close friend near me to shop, I'm recruiting you ladies here.

After you help me maybe others want to just shop for the heck of it. Post the Link of item and we can discuss.

What I'm looking for:

I'm attending a wedding in late October in Northern Va. I am not in the wedding but it is an inlaw who is getting married. The wedding is outside at 4:30 PM. Average temp for that time is in the low 60's and that is if it's a normal temp pattern.

I like a pencil skirt, jacket and a cute blouse. You can lose the jacket if it gets unseasonably warm.

Suits for Women: The Limited
I have a very nice black suit already and searching this site they don't have much in my size other than the black. I think my problem is that most items are still summer wear with only Fall clothing just starting to come out.

What I'm looking for:

BCBGMAXAZRIA Split Neck Dress (Nordstrom Exclusive) - View All - Nordstrom

Rebecca Taylor 'Cheetah Me Good' Dress - Rebecca Taylor - Nordstrom
I liked the first one but probably in brown since I have so much black, it's cute. and can hide any bloating if that were to happen pre-wedding day. LMAO

Thank you, first one too many flower in print for me and while different comfortable I can see me freezing in this.

The second one, not bad if I had the body I did just 10 years ago. I may be thin but I still don't want something clinging to me like saran wrap.:lol:

Forum List

Back