Kucinich abandons White House bid

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Associated Press
updated 4:30 p.m. CT, Thurs., Jan. 24, 2008

CLEVELAND - Democrat Dennis Kucinich is abandoning his second, long-shot bid for the White House as he faces a tough fight to hold onto his other job - U.S. congressman.

In an interview with Cleveland's Plain Dealer, the six-term House member said he was quitting the race and would make a formal announcement on Friday.

"I will be announcing that I'm transiting out of the presidential campaign," Kucinich said. "I'm making that announcement tomorrow about a new direction."

Kucinich has received little support in his presidential bid; he got 1 percent of the vote in the New Hampshire primary and was shut out in the Iowa caucuses although he has a devoted following.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22827738/

Another one out.

Which surprises me, given that he's the only anti-war candidate out there.

Why doesnt he get support from the anti-war loons on this board?

Pssssssssssssssssst.... hint... most people aren't "anti-war". Most people believe there are times war is a necessary evil. Being anti-Iraq war isn't the same as being anti-war, because, as you must know, most of the country supported going into Afghanistan. Do you think all those people suddenly became pacifists?

Kucinich doesn't believe in war under any circumstances. Most people don't see the world that way.

Pssssssssssssssssst.... hint... most people aren't "anti-war". Most people believe there are times war is a necessary evil. Being anti-Iraq war isn't the same as being anti-war...
Sorry -- I guess wasnt specific enough in my post.

Why doesnt he get support from the anti-IRAQ war loons on this board?

Forum List

Back