Joe Manchin eyes potential third-party White House run. What do this board's moderates have to say?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
We have a few so-called "moderates", who (and you know who you are) only seem to go after the board's conservatives. If Manchin runs, would you support him?
In other words if the choice is Biden, Trump, or Manchin, who will you support?

Democrats trying to talk Manchin out of White House ambitions​

As Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) mulls a reelection bid, the West Virginia senator has kept members of his party on their toes as he openly flirts with a presidential bid, refusing to close any doors as he considers his next move.

Democrats have 23 Senate seats up for grabs in the 2024 cycle, setting the stage for a contentious election that could cost the party its one-seat majority. The stakes have put Manchin in an advantageous position as Democrats seek to keep the centrist Democrat happy as well as quash any plans for a White House run.

We have a few so-called "moderates", who (and you know who you are) only seem to go after the board's conservatives. If Manchin runs, would you support him?

With both parties creating the largest debt in human history and children being groomed for sex changes before they are old enough to tie their shoe laces, what exactly is a moderate these days?

:auiqs.jpg:

We live in looney land.

Evil deviant freaks rule the government now.

Manchin is more fiscally conservative than Trump or Biden, that should make him attractive to a large group. He could pull moderates on both sides.

Out of those three I vote for Manchin… easy. I’d like to see more options though

He won't run....but it's nice to fantasize that he will.....

He will most likely pull more from those leaning Trump than those leaning Biden.......

Just pay attention to who is funding him....

Manchin is more fiscally conservative than Trump or Biden, that should make him attractive to a large group. He could pull moderates on both sides.

Saying that Manchin is more fiscally conservative than Trump or Biden is like saying he's faster than a speeding turtle. I do think he might pull a lot of more moderate voters that don't like Trump but also don't like Biden. Hard to say IMHO which party or candidate would be hurt worse if Manchin runs, he ain't exactly a hero in the eyes of that many people.

Manchin cries about all the spending causing mass inflation, and then signs on with the DNC to pass the spending bills stating he has accomplished some promises to help curb the inflation later on as Biden promises him to do so, only to cry about being lied to by Biden when he goes back on his promises to him.

Manchin is either the biggest liar in human history or just the biggest patsy.

Either way, he sucks.

Manchin cries about all the spending causing mass inflation, and then signs on with the DNC to pass the spending bills stating he has accomplished some promises to help curb the inflation later on as Biden promises him to do so, only to cry about being lied to by Biden when he goes back on his promises to him.
It’s how politicians negotiate. At the end of the day the bills need to be paid.

Either way, he sucks.
It’s how politicians negotiate. At the end of the day bills need to be paid

I would vote for him if he does this.

I have even pledged to vote for Trump if he does not get the GOP nom and runs as an independent.

WGAFF

I would vote for him if he does this.

I have even pledged to vote for Trump if he does not get the GOP nom and runs as an independent.

So if a miracle occurred, and another GOP candidate got the nod, you would still vote for Trump if he ran as an independent, and not support the GOP candidate?

Manchin looking for another payout...

Either way, he sucks...
All the screaming about how Biden is corrupt, how he has used his position in government to advance the family business. And the other view, that Trump used his position as president to further his businesses. Well Manchin "defines" that type of corruption.

Manchin has made his money selling "gob" coal. I mean it is coal, kind of, it is discarded coal mixed with rocks, more carbon intensive than wood. But in West Virginia, well companies get a credit toward an "alternative energy" source by burning waste coal. How mean now cynical is that? But Manchin made that happen when he was governor.

I mean it is a hell of a gig. Manchin picks up the waste coal for like fourteen bucks a ton or so, government contract. And then they sell it to a special power plant, that gets a special exemption from environmental controls, gets credit for using an "alternative energy" source, and they pay the same as the cost of real coal. That is usually over a hundred bucks a ton. I mean Manchin is profiting over eighty bucks a ton.

Forum List

Back