Kosher Jesus

The Jewish Scripture Prophets didn't speak in Tongues.
In fact, their prophecies are quite clear.
And not one word that even remotely looks like "Jesus".

Yes they all did speak in tongues..

The language of the prophets, figurative language that went over the heads of the ignorant, is what is meant by speaking in strange Tongues.

The gibbering done by Christians is evidence of a disintegrating mind, or as the ancients would say, demonic possession.
But the Apostles were uneducated.

??? uneducated at that time meant ILLITERATE----sorta. ---
where did you get that those guys who fall into the
APOSTLE group were illiterate?
Fishermen and Tax Collectors (Publicans) were usually illiterate.

really? -----Fisherman? Peter? no cheder?----none at all? tax collectors kept it ALL IN THEIR heads? (no cheder either?) --------my grandfather was a baker----almost an
abandoned child---the story is he slept and "helped out"---in the bakery (at least it was warm) from very early childhood-----
never spent a day in school-------I assumed him to be absolutely ILLITERATE---could not have asked---he did not speak english-----but somehow he did manage to
read at the bar mitzvah of my brother------obviously one of the
bakers gave him a few lessons. I do not believe that PETER
(that was the fisherman----I think) was ILLITERATE.
HE WAS THE FIRST POPE!!!! (literacy is not a job requirement?)

You have to think in terms of 1AD, not the 19th or 20th centuries.

There's actually a fascinating story about Simon Peter (Shimon HaPatur).
He was an undercover agent from the Sanhedrin whose assignment is it was to ensure that the new religion would be VERY different from Judaism.
HaPatur means "to allow"; he made sure that all of the halachas would be ignored, thus creating a religion that was obviously not a brand of Judaism.
HE made believe he was a moron so nobody would figure out how clever he was.

you seem have gone over the deep end on
that one
to be claiming that the people to whom Jesus spoke----including his chosen entourage----had no idea what he was talking about (???) <<<I missed that one.

If you missed that you missed a lot;

But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it. Mark 9:32

But they did not understand the statement He was making to them. luke 2:50

But they did not understand this statement. It was veiled from them so that they could not comprehend it, and they were afraid to ask Him about it. Luke 9:45

The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about. Luke 18:34

They did not understand that he had been speaking to them about the Father. John 8:27

Why can't you understand what I am saying? It's because my revelation is above your grasp. John 8:43

This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them. John 10:6

the one point you made-----was that in order to have any idea
what the words attributed to Jesus (by----who ever attributed them) can be understood only by understanding them in the
context of time and place-----does seem logical.

No, Jesus received his teaching from God. It is God alone who either grants or denies comprehension whenever they read his words during whatever time they live in.

hobe----you do realize that you are quoting people who never HEARD anything Jesus said-----and had no way of knowing
that this or that person UNDERSTOOD. Luke, not only never met Jesus----he did not know Aramaic. John consists of lots
of people------the name IS a very common one YAHYA---much used-----now even by arabs. (joooos too, of course) ----
and in legal documents in the USA JOHN DOE. Mark is also a mystery entity. Jesus IS "god"

By the time the story was put to paper, the Apostles understood and had already explained everything clearly to those who had ears to hear.. Their minds were opened to understand after Jesus was 'taken up'[ into heaven and appeared to them in dreams.

Then they wrote the stories in the same tradition in which the Torah was written, during times of brutal oppression when here was no such thing as freedom of speech and people were killed and maimed on a daily basis for trivial reasons.

what story? The torah was written in times of brutal oppression? -------what are you calling the "torah" -----the
word is not confined to the scroll thing you see in a closet in the synagogue <<< a greek word The NT was compiled
from various writings by the NICEAN council. Who was killing people for trivial reasons? what people and when and by whom?

It is a well known fact that the Gospels were put to paper during times of extreme persecution. Look it up if you don't believe me....

One could say, "do not throw you pearls to the swine; do not give what is holy to the dogs." or "it is forbidden to eat the flesh of swine" and go about their merry way, but if they said that it is a violation of divine law to adopt the teaching of the roman invaders they would have been killed, maimed, imprisoned or enslaved so fast they wouldn't have known what hit them..

Last edited:
that one
to be claiming that the people to whom Jesus spoke----including his chosen entourage----had no idea what he was talking about (???) <<<I missed that one.

But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it. Mark 9:32

But they did not understand this statement. It was veiled from them so that they could not comprehend it, and they were afraid to ask Him about it. Luke 9:45

The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about. Luke 18:34

They did not understand that he had been speaking to them about the Father. John 8:27

Why can't you understand what I am saying? It's because my revelation is above your grasp. John 8:43

This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them. John 10:6

what the words attributed to Jesus (by----who ever attributed them) can be understood only by understanding them in the

No, Jesus received his teaching from God. It is God alone who either grants or denies comprehension whenever they read his words during whatever time they live in.
Because they had low IQs...these are your Jesus worshippers.

They did not have low IQs. They had been deliberately confused and blinded since birth.

There is nothing too hard about the gospel of Jesus Christ for the person with even the least intelligence to understand, if they have received the keys to understanding.

Do this, don't do that. Its easy.

that one

They did not have low IQs. They had been deliberately confused and blinded since birth.

There is nothing too hard about the gospel of Jesus Christ for the person with even the least intelligence to understand, if they have received the keys to understanding.

An adherent of The Calvary need do nothing.
The Jews never had enough illiterate people for this "new religion" to catch on.

that one

The tough part is to find Jews who could be fooled by TNTs reference to TJS.
You'd have to grow up in a Greek or Roman neighborhood to not know how Paul mangled the Torah, Jeremiah and Isaiah.

that one

The Jews never had enough illiterate people for this "new religion" to catch on.

Its not about literate vs illiterate. Even the common man could read as evidenced by ancient jewish graffiti.

Its about whether one could get the hidden teaching of the stories or not.

Here were are thousands of years later and the most educated among you is still reading kosher law and then dicking around about what to make or not make for dinner, even after decades of study.

astonishing, isn't it?

that one

Its not about literate vs illiterate. Even the common man could read as evidenced by ancient jewish graffiti.

Here were are thousands of years later and the most educated among you is still reading kosher law and then dicking around about what to make or not make for dinner.

We have an entire field called Hakafa.

Wanna be blown away?
https://www.amazon.com/Nefesh-Hacha...&sr=8-1&keywords=nefesh+hachaim&tag=ff0d01-20
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Clas...7975&sr=1-2&keywords=way+of+god&tag=ff0d01-20
ArtScroll.com - Jaffa Edition Mesillas Yesharim

Think you know hidden teachings?
What you know is kindergarten stuff.

Here were are thousands of years later and the most educated among you is still reading kosher law and then dicking around about what to make or not make for dinner.

Wanna be blown away?
https://www.amazon.com/Nefesh-Hacha...&sr=8-1&keywords=nefesh+hachaim&tag=ff0d01-20
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Clas...7975&sr=1-2&keywords=way+of+god&tag=ff0d01-20

Thanks, but no thanks. Believe me, I've heard it all before...I'm not interested in buying whatever you are selling.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life and few are they who find it.
."

"So he drove the man out and to the east of the Garden of Eden he placed the Cherubim, and a flaming and flashing sword that turns in every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life."

Wanna be blown away?

Thanks, but no thanks. Believe me, I've heard it all before...I'm not interested in buying whatever you are selling.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life and few are they who find it.
."

"So he drove the man out and to the east of the Garden of Eden he placed the Cherubim, and a flaming and flashing sword that turns in every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life."

And isn't it amazing that Moshe was able to enter the fire at the top of the mountain?
Yes, my friend, man IS capable of reentering the Garden if he chooses the right path in life.

Wanna be blown away?

."

And isn't it amazing that Moshe was able to enter the fire at the top of the mountain?
Yes, my friend, man IS capable of reentering the Garden if he chooses the right path in life.

I do agree with the possibility redemption IF.....but, according to your own stories, Moses stood in the presence of God but never entered the promised land (which has nothing whatever to do with real estate) because of some unspecified sin.

Moses was probably his own inspiration for the story about the expulsion from paradise and fall of man.

Last edited:

Wanna be blown away?

."

According to your own stories, Moses stood in the presence of God but never entered the promised land (which has nothing whatever to do with real estate) because of some unspecified sin.

Moses was probably his own inspiration for the story about the expulsion from paradise and fall of man.

God turned Moshe down ONCE in 40 years...What an amazing relationship.
In the meanwhile, God allowed Jesus to be tortured and murdered...What an amazing relationship.

You see, reacting to a piece of information like a paramecium is rather immature.

Wanna be blown away?

."

According to your own stories, Moses stood in the presence of God but never entered the promised land (which has nothing whatever to do with real estate) because of some unspecified sin.

In the meanwhile, God allowed Jesus to be tortured and murdered...What an amazing relationship.

You see, reacting to a piece of information like a paramecium is rather immature.

Im glad that you finally understand that.

Now you can throw away all of your detailed instructions about how to conform to a menu and start trying to learn to distinguish between clean and unclean.

You're not getting any younger.

."

Now you can throw away all of your detailed instructions about how to conform to a menu and start trying to learn to distinguish between clean and unclean.

Emotions are formed by actions.
That's why secular people have no focus.
Even most Christians and Jews today are secular and lack focus.

."

Ok then.

Focus. Forget about the so called secular world. Stop worrying about what to eat and what to wear. Those things are for the godless to obsess over.

you have enough of work to do on yourself that remains undone to keep you busy for the rest of your life...

Stop wasting time.

Ok then.

Focus. Forget about the so called secular world. Stop worrying about what to eat and what to wear. Those things are for the godless to obsess over.

you have enough of work to do on yourself that remains undone to keep you busy for the rest of your life...

Stop wasting time.

Exactly why I study Torah.

Ok then.

Stop wasting time.

I know that.

But there has to come a time when you put the book down and start doing whatever it is you should have learned to do that leads to a holy life by reading it. And its not about whats for dinner.

Is there really any chance that you haven't read it all before many many times?

Jesus didn't walk around clinging to the torah like a priest clings to crucifix or a baby clings to its bottle, even when he was a lot younger than you.

Wouldn't you prefer for God to make himself known to you before you died, while you still had the time to justify your existence and become worthy of the life you were given?

Purify your mind and be refined, then you will see God and the way to life will be revealed to you. Only God can open your mind to understand and make sense of the chaos you see and all of the confusing information that fills your head.

Its as simple as that.

Just do it.

Last edited:

Ok then.

Stop wasting time.

I know that.

But there has to come a time when you put the book down and start doing whatever it is you should have learned to do that leads to a holy life by reading it. And its not about whats for dinner.

Jesus didn't walk around clinging to the torah like a priest clings to crucifix or a baby clings to its bottle, even when he was a lot younger than you.

Wouldn't you prefer for God to make himself known to you before you died, while you still had the time to justify your existence and become worthy of the life you were given?

Purify your mind and be refined, then you will see God and the way to life will be revealed to you. Only God can open your mind to understand and make sense of the chaos you see and all of the confusing information that fills your head.

Its as simple as that.

My friend, I have been learning mostly Torah and Talmud (as opposed to Mishnah and the Prophets) for 35 years and I haven't even scratched the surface.
In terms of practicing what I study...everyday of my life I interact with my family, my customers, people on line at stores, people in other vehicles and myself.
My ego, my emotions, my attitudes and behavior have changed radically over the years.

Ok then.

Stop wasting time.

I know that.

Its as simple as that.

My friend, I have been learning mostly Torah and Talmud (as opposed to Mishnah and the Prophets) for 35 years and I haven't even scratched the surface.
In terms of practicing what I study...everyday of my life I interact with my family, my customers, people on line at stores, people in other vehicles and myself.
My ego, my emotions, my attitudes and behavior have changed radically over the years.

I do not doubt that, and I commend you for your efforts.

Still, if you want to go all the way and become sinless, sell off everything you have bought into over all those years, come out of that tomb, pick up your own cross, and follow the teachings of Jesus, if you can grasp it..

Ok then.

Stop wasting time.

I know that.

Its as simple as that.

Still, if you want to go all the way and become sinless, sell off everything you have bought into over all those years, come out of that tomb, pick up your own cross, and follow the teachings of Jesus, if you can grasp it..
Stained Glass windows creep me out.
To be honest, I could never go for that God as Man thing.
And I found TNT to be incredibly flawed.

Yes, TJS leave plenty of questions to be asked...so I ask the questions.
Sometimes it takes years to get a satisfactory answer.
I find the idea of a limited God to be totally abhorrent.

Last edited:

Ok then.

Stop wasting time.

I know that.

Its as simple as that.

what are the teachings of Jesus? How does a cross enter into the picture?

Forum List

Back