Kitty rescue stories....

When they started fostering this tiny kitten they rescued, their dog was obsessed and became attached to his little feline friend.

When they started fostering this little kitten, their dog Deets was obsessed!
“My daughter was in the vicinity when a homeless woman went unconscious. She had the kitten in a cardboard box and my kid brought it home to avoid the authorities taking it to the shelter,” reddit user HellaOld wrote. The homeless lady was in no condition to care for a sick kitten, so they decided to help.

“(The kitten) had a respiratory infection and would have been doomed. We vetted her and got the infection under control and posted her on Facebook.”

http://lovemeow.com/2015/07/foster-kitten-dog-attached/
Right after they brought the kitten home, their dog Deets quickly grew attached to the little fur baby and became her full-time kitten-sitter. “If I lost track of her in the garden, I’d tell him to ‘get the kitty’ and he’d herd her out in the open.”
http://lovemeow.com/2015/07/foster-kitten-dog-attached/

“We’re all getting attached to her, but she’s headed off to her forever-home… They have a blind dog with a chicken best friend…. It’s been really fun having this visitor though,” they wrote.

Deets was her full-time kitten-sitter. He wouldn’t keep his eyes off her.
“He’s back to obsessing about his ball now. Ball is the cure. He’s all better… We will miss her though. She’s already having a blast at her new house and they are totally in love with her,” they added

Cuddles!

This man was not much of a cat guy until he met Sophie, a deaf cat, behind a dumpster, needing a home. “She is deaf but is quite smart. I think she’s converted me,” he said via reddit.

Meet Sophie!

Sophie was spotted behind a dumpster. She was much smaller than her age. Soon the guy who found her realized that Sophie wasn’t able to hear. “She does not react to any noise whatsoever. When she’s sleeping or awake. It’s pretty noticeable,” he said.

But that doesn’t bother the little white cat with blue eyes. She is a very smart cat and can do anything other cats do. Little Sophie has completely stolen her human’s heart. “I already love her,” he said.

“She seams really sweet. I took her to the vet because she was really bony and not gaining weight so suspected worms. I got her some medicine. I hope she recovers. I also have her on some high calorie food. She only weighs 1.4 pounds and she’s 6 weeks old,” he added.

“(Her deafness) actually makes me like her more for some reason? Maybe I just feel she needs someone.

Sophie the deaf cat and her best friend

This man was not much of a cat guy until he met Sophie, a deaf cat, behind a dumpster, needing a home. “She is deaf but is quite smart. I think she’s converted me,” he said via reddit.

Meet Sophie!

Sophie was spotted behind a dumpster. She was much smaller than her age. Soon the guy who found her realized that Sophie wasn’t able to hear. “She does not react to any noise whatsoever. When she’s sleeping or awake. It’s pretty noticeable,” he said.

But that doesn’t bother the little white cat with blue eyes. She is a very smart cat and can do anything other cats do. Little Sophie has completely stolen her human’s heart. “I already love her,” he said.

“She seams really sweet. I took her to the vet because she was really bony and not gaining weight so suspected worms. I got her some medicine. I hope she recovers. I also have her on some high calorie food. She only weighs 1.4 pounds and she’s 6 weeks old,” he added.

“(Her deafness) actually makes me like her more for some reason? Maybe I just feel she needs someone.

Yay! I missed these wonderful kitty rescue stories! :D

Meet Sophie!

Yay! I missed these wonderful kitty rescue stories! :D

Got 3 months of them to catch up on!

Little orphan kitten Luna can now eat from a dish on her own. It gets a bit messy, but she’s learning fast. A couple saved her from a rescue group right before it became too late.

Luna’s first attempt at eating from a plate. It got a bit messy.

“She was turned in to a wildlife rescue by law enforcement and they have no idea of her past,” the foster mom wrote via reddit. “We are fostering her because they were not allowed to keep her due to being a wildlife rescue and had to get rid of her ASAP because they had baby raccoons there who had potential ringworm.”

Luna is about 6 weeks now and she has been eating from a dish for about 1.5-2 weeks. It wasn’t easy at first. “We used a spoon to entice her but at first we even had to physically open her mouth to put food in. Now she goes for it all on her own!” the foster mom added.

First day at her new home. Luna’s eyes started to open.

Day 2: her eyes appeared brighter. A cuddle made Luna a very content and happy kitty!

She fell asleep in her very own blankie.

On day 3, they put a water bottle filled with warm water inside a sock for her to cuddle with in her nest box.

“She was an orphan so had KMR for the first few weeks, this picture was KMR mixed with canned food, and now she’s on straight cat food.”

Feisty little nibbler.

Sweet little Luna now!

Little orphan kitten Luna can now eat from a dish on her own. It gets a bit messy, but she’s learning fast. A couple saved her from a rescue group right before it became too late.

Luna’s first attempt at eating from a plate. It got a bit messy.

“She was turned in to a wildlife rescue by law enforcement and they have no idea of her past,” the foster mom wrote via reddit. “We are fostering her because they were not allowed to keep her due to being a wildlife rescue and had to get rid of her ASAP because they had baby raccoons there who had potential ringworm.”

Luna is about 6 weeks now and she has been eating from a dish for about 1.5-2 weeks. It wasn’t easy at first. “We used a spoon to entice her but at first we even had to physically open her mouth to put food in. Now she goes for it all on her own!” the foster mom added.

First day at her new home. Luna’s eyes started to open.

Day 2: her eyes appeared brighter. A cuddle made Luna a very content and happy kitty!

She fell asleep in her very own blankie.

On day 3, they put a water bottle filled with warm water inside a sock for her to cuddle with in her nest box.

“She was an orphan so had KMR for the first few weeks, this picture was KMR mixed with canned food, and now she’s on straight cat food.”

Feisty little nibbler.

Sweet little Luna now!

Precious!

This little calico boy, yes it’s a boy, is the second male calico Dr. Smith at Central Texas Cat Hospital has ever seen in his 54 years of practice. He’s truly a rare gem

In 54 years of practice, this is the second male calico Dr. Smith at Central Texas Cat Hospital has ever seen.
“Not only is he a male calico but he is a Scottish Fold on top of that. He really is 1 in a million!” they wrote via Facebook.

Only one out of every 3,000 calico cats is male, according to a study by the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Missouri. Why is a male calico cat rare?

Besides being a male calico, he’s also a Scottish fold, which makes him even more unique!
Just like humans, cats have two sex chromosomes that determine gender. Female cats have only X chromosomes while male cats have both X and Y chromosomes. A calico or tortoiseshell must have two X chromosomes which means the kitty is going to be female 99.99% of time. (See String the calico boy)

The calico pattern exists in male cats is because the cat has an extra X-chromosome: two X, one Y (male). In humans, this condition is known as Klinefelter Syndrome.

A little kitten and an owl have become good friends at a Japanese cafe. Prepare to get your heart melted!
http://lovemeow.com/2015/07/kitten-owl-best-friends/

Fuku-chan is one of the several owls that reside at Hukulou Coffee in Osaka, Japan. Their new addition is a beautiful Scottish Fold kitten named Marimo. When the two met at the cafe, they quickly bonded.

You wouldn’t think they’d be friends…

But they give each other nose kisses…

…they like to hang out together…

…and Marimo now has a friend to snuggle with.

This little calico boy, yes it’s a boy, is the second male calico Dr. Smith at Central Texas Cat Hospital has ever seen in his 54 years of practice. He’s truly a rare gem

In 54 years of practice, this is the second male calico Dr. Smith at Central Texas Cat Hospital has ever seen.
“Not only is he a male calico but he is a Scottish Fold on top of that. He really is 1 in a million!” they wrote via Facebook.

Only one out of every 3,000 calico cats is male, according to a study by the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Missouri. Why is a male calico cat rare?

Besides being a male calico, he’s also a Scottish fold, which makes him even more unique!
Just like humans, cats have two sex chromosomes that determine gender. Female cats have only X chromosomes while male cats have both X and Y chromosomes. A calico or tortoiseshell must have two X chromosomes which means the kitty is going to be female 99.99% of time. (See String the calico boy)

The calico pattern exists in male cats is because the cat has an extra X-chromosome: two X, one Y (male). In humans, this condition is known as Klinefelter Syndrome.

OMG! That has to be the most adorable kitten I've ever seen!

I remember freaking out when I was a kid and saw a cat stuck in a tree. Then dad says "when's the last time you saw a cat skeleton in a tree".

I did a lot of research about this because there was...well, a cat stuck in a tree. In fact, my dogs chased him up the tree. He was waaaay up there.

I was so worried, I did a bunch of reading about this situation. After I had educated myself my conclusion was to do nothing...just leave the cat alone and he would come down on his own.

He was up in that tree a good day or so, but one morning I got up and looked and he was gone.

Now he lives at my house. But that's a whole 'nuther story. :)
Koosh!! I haven't seen you in a coon's age! How are you!?

This is what a second chance can do. Meet Benson and Kansas! They were very tiny and hungry when taken into their foster home. With a lot of love, plenty of food, and a comfortable home, the two wee kittens have really come around!

Benson and Kansas were saved from a shelter that couldn’t keep them. Saving Grace Rescue located in San Francisco learned about the kittens’ situation and went to the rescue. “They were sick kittens on the euthanasia list. They looked pretty awful, but they are doing great now,” the rescue group said.

Look at the difference in just a few days!

Benson and Kansas fleeing the scene of the ‘crime’.

Relaxing post toilet paper destruction

These two best friends can’t wait to go to their forever home together!

This gray kitty strayed into the hearts of the employees at an office in Texas. “We have a bunch of saps around the office who can’t help but to take (him) in,” one employee wrote via reddit.

“We have been dancing around the idea of getting an office cat for awhile and someone found this little guy and knew we might be interested,” he said.

“Owners of my work were okay with it so we rescued him! He was flea infested and pretty rough looking but he is living the dream now!”

They believe the little stray wandered into someone’s house. “Not sure exactly how he got there. Just know that he wouldn’t have gotten much farther on his own,” he added.

They gave the little furry friend a very needed flea bath after they got him. “A lady in our office sat there and physically picked (the fleas) off of him.”

They decided on the name “Blade” as in blade of grass. “I work in the office at a really laid back grass farm in the middle of nowhere, Texas,” he said.

Everyone in the office takes turns to play and look after their new kitty and they have even set up a room for little Blade with a litter box, food, water, and a bed . “But there is also a lady that rents the space upstairs and lives there and she is going to help as well.”

He’s been a joy to the employees at the office and has “hilarious mannerisms.” Everyone can’t help but adore him.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-04-at-5.47.52-PMe.jpg

“After coming across an abandoned kitten in a field, Andreas and Filiz decided to bring it home in the hopes that their cat would accept their new roommate. Surely they didn’t expect THIS to happen!”

Meet Luhu who was born with a pair of sad eyes. With a look like that, he can get away with anything! Luhu’s human, Maggie, said via Instagram that he may look sad, but he’s quite happy inside and can be a bit naughty sometimes. Luhu lives with two other older cats, Barher and Bardie, and he is the only kitty that has those sad eyes.

Little Luhu at two months old. Even at that age, he already knew how to pull our heart strings.

All grown up now, Luhu still has that sad little face. Awww!

“Hug me right meow!”

Luhu is the only kitty in his family that has those sad eyes.

“Is it for me?”

11117015_807565505985383_136621326_n1.jpg

11085180_796463637104029_1688872663_n1.jpg

A kitty found blind has gained sight in one eye and a human sister for life. Teto came to the family when she was a kitten, barely able to see. The family’s daughter took to the little tabby cat and the two instantly bonded. Over time, Teto started to heal and slowly she began to see…

It was the end of September, 2010, when Teto the tabby girl was rescued by a kind family in Japan. When they picked up the kitten, she was sickly and blind, but the little kitty had so much will to live.

“When she was picked up, she did not have eyesight,” the family wrote. “However, she has regained sight in one eye miraculously.”

Teto and their daughter Chibi have built an inseparable bond. They are like two peas in a pod!

When their daughter plays video games, Teto snuggles up to her as her leg warmer.

Teto is now 5 and Chibi 8. They are best friends for life!

Meet little Akoni! He is a tripod, but don’t let that fool you. Even though he still wobbles when he walks, he is strong and can move further than his siblings.

Akoni lost one of his hind legs at birth, but the little guy quickly healed up and didn’t let anything slow him down. “He is a little fighter and made it through,” said Good Karma Pet Rescue, an animal rescue group located in South Florida.

That little milk belly… He is bigger than his siblings too!

He’s like the big brother in the litter. The ginger boy doesn’t think missing a leg can slow him down at all. What a fighter!

A couple spotted a little ginger kitten wander into the traffic. They ran into the busy road to the rescue.

“Found this little (guy) about to wander into lunchtime traffic three weeks ago. Now (he’s) taken over our house and our hearts,” reddit user ajunglecruise wrote.

“Nothing will be as terrifying as that moment when you realise that tiny little fluffball is about to run straight into danger. I barely looked across the road before I ran across and snatched him up! terrifying but very, very rewarding,” she added.

The kitty was very scared when they picked him up. “(He was) constantly meowing and crawling all over our arms and shoulders, trying to get away. It was only when we got him into bed and cosy with the lights out did he calm down and sleep for hours – a lot longer than we now know he would usually sleep for.”

Initially they thought the kitty was a girl, and named him Nala. “He had us deceived – Finally took him to the vets – we found out Nala is actually a little Simba and she estimated about 3 months, we found him when we was just reaching 2.”

Little Simba is quite a talker now. He tells his humans stories in his sleep and is always meowing when he wants a cuddle.

“He seems to be very attached to my boyfriend already – he was the one who brought him back to the house (I had to go on to work) and stayed with him for the first couple of hours,” she added.

“Now he’s taken over our house and our hearts!”

This man was not much of a cat person until he met a tiny orphan kitten in need of some motherly love. He started bottle feeding the baby and now they are inseparable.

Who could possibly say no to that face?
“My boyfriend doesn’t (didn’t) love cats, so I was worried about bringing home this orphan rescue. Now, they won’t leave each other alone,” reddit user Just_Kitten_ wrote.

“She was a 2 week old orphan. My boyfriend and I have bottle fed her and she’s learned to love us, but hasn’t learned how to ‘play nice’ since she lacks litter mates and my older cat is not down to clown around with her. We are in the process of teaching her not to attack everything by trying to keep her busy with a variety of toys, but she is still a chow hungry nibble monster time to time. Still cute though!”

“He is looking at his phone, she is looking to bite his fingers as he scrolls through his messages.” They can’t stand being away from each other now.

“We have another rescue cat that he has also fallen in love with. Hopefully he is ready for the future rescue cat house now,” she added.

These are so cute!!!. lmao @ leaving the toilet paper crime scene.

I still keep the toilet paper in a decorative wire basket. I got so sick of shredded toilet paper rolls lol

A man stopped the traffic to save a tiny kitten that was trying to cross a busy road. He ran across three lanes of traffic to get her. Meet Shahrazad the kitty!

A man saved this kitten from a busy road while no one else stopped their cars
This tiny gray kitten was trying to cross a four-lane busy road at rush hour. “(I) saw traffic stopping then driving crazy to avoid something. Saw movement on ground. Was a tiny (TINY) kitten, scared out of its mind, trailing something bright pink…” reddit user GubGeek wrote.

“Threw my car into park and got out, blocking traffic and ran over. Scooped it up and came back to car.”

“Inspecting, it wasn’t as I’d feared, her tail was stripped of fur, but other than that, she seemed okay. Called vet and told what had happened (shaking because I was so angry at the other humans who’d just kept driving past this tiny helpless terrified animal), and that I’d be there in 15 minutes,” he wrote via reddit.

“After inspection, nothing looks broken. Doc thinks that her tail was run over and her attempts to escape caused the fur to be pulled off. He thinks that she is about 5-6 weeks old.”

Snuggling with her rescuer.
He brought the little kitten home and gave her some kitten food, and set up fresh water, a litter box, and a nest of blankets and old shirts. “She’s slept and eaten and used litter and even batted at my fingers when I was playing,” he added.

She’s got her energy back!
“She’s eaten like a pig and even drunk some water, which makes me happy.

And, she curled up next to me on the blanket and shirts I laid down for her, and napped for about an hour and occasionally would purr and head-butt my hand as I petted her.”

Kitty making friends with Fred the Gargoyle
“She really is a beauty, and her personality as she settles in is really coming to the fore.”

“Part of me thinks that we can be judged by how we treat animals in need (and that part is STILL angry at all those drivers who just honked their horns and drove around her… like she’s going to know what a horn blare means?!), and part of me is just glad I was in the right place at the right time to help.”

Forum List

Back