Kitty rescue stories....

TeeNee was only four weeks old when he came to his foster home. He is now eight weeks old. Look what a difference lots of love makes. (via Facebook)
ā€œFirst day home, widdle bag of bones.ā€

Cuddling with his foster mom. He was barely hanging on.

Charlie Truble the cat stepped in to help. He became his big brother.

Charlie teaching him to playā€¦

Charlie teaching him to fishā€¦

TeeNee following him around.

8 weeks old. TeeNee waving ā€˜Hiā€™ to the camera from his comfy bed. What a difference love makes.

A tiny feral kitten found herself trapped in a hole on a deck. Three firefighters worked as a team to carefully pull the little furry kitten out to safety.
ā€œI woke up hearing a tiny meowing. I went outside to discover a tiny grey kitten had gotten trapped in a hole on my deck. There is hole though the decking to run electrical cords or whatever. Apparently, she poked her head into the hole and then couldnā€™t back out,ā€ said Annette Lusk via News 4.
ā€œI called Sparks non-emergency dispatch and the the dispatcher said she would contact Sparks Fire Dept. The extrication took over an hour and included prying up the adjacent deck board and then cutting into the board where ā€˜Trapperā€™ (newly named and adopted) was trapped ā€“ hence her name. After a trip to the vet, she is shaken up but none the worse for her adventure.ā€
ā€œCuriosity could have killed this kitten but for the wonderful guys from Fire Station 2. They are from left to right: Fire Apparatus Operator Manny Souza, Firefighter Joe Van Walraven and Captain Sean Holbrook.ā€

ā€œThis little girl somehow got her head caught in an open cable hole in my deck on Tuesday September 2nd. The wonderful firefighters of Sparks Nevada Fire Station 2 spent over an hour to get her out including having to pry up part of my deck in order to safely cut her out.ā€

ā€œI think she entered this world as a feral kitten but she is now become a member of my home and joined her new ā€˜fur sisters and a fur brotherā€™ She is ruling the roost, purring nonstop and demanding lap time! (And sometimes she sleeps!)ā€ (via Cuteoverload)

Trapper napping comfortably at her forever loving home.

Perseus is a rescue kitty who loves his mom very much. ā€œMy rescue kitty, Perseus, trying his hardest to get my attention. It worked,ā€ said Perseusā€™ human mom.
ā€œHe was rescued at about 6 weeks by a friend in fall 2009. She found him next to a curb on a rainy day. She watched over him for a few days, then told me about him. I already had my Calico rescued from 2005 at 1 and 1/2, butā€¦ I had to have him when I saw him,ā€ she added.
ā€œIā€™m lucky to have him.ā€

Source.

Meet Pippin, a fluffy cat who is happily living his cat life on two legs.
ā€œPippin was born with radial hypoplasia, a rare disease that twisted the bones in his front legs. When he was born he couldnā€™t walk, and the vet wasnā€™t sure if he would survive. With a lot of work and patience Pippin has adapted to living on two legs and is as happy and playful as any other cat,ā€ said Pippinā€™s human via Instagram.
ā€œA baby photo of little Pip the day I rescued him! That basket helped him sit upright despite his arms and he slept in it until he physically couldnā€™t fit anymore.ā€

Baby Pippin finishing his breakfast.

When he was born he couldnā€™t walk. Against all odds, Pippin learned to walk with his hind legs. Look at him now!

Pippin enjoying this October.

ā€œIs this a painting of me?ā€

Pippin standing like a boss!

Pip is as happy and playful as any other cats.

Big stretchhhh!

This is such a sweet story. A tiny orphan kitten was adopted by two big kitties when he came to his new home.
ā€œThis little guy is Milkshake. I rescued him a few short days ago after realizing that his mom had abandoned him. I didnā€™t think he was going to make it much longer but after a lot of bottle feeding, a nice heated bed and being immediately welcomed by my other (much older) cats, he is now one very happy kitten,ā€ said Ashley B via Instagram.
Meet Milkshake, little rescue kitten. They didnā€™t know if he would make it, but with a lot of love, he pulled through and started to thrive.

As soon as Milkshake came to his new home, the big kitties in the house took to him and started snuggling with him.

They became his familyā€¦

and are very protective of him.

Cuddles.

Inseparable friends.

Meet Aragorn, a beautiful one-eyed cat who has a permanent wink. He lost an eye but gained a chance to live.
ā€œHe was brought to the ER for euthanasia at 3 weeks old after being attacked by a dog with his eye hanging out,ā€ said Aragornā€™s human mom via imgur. When she met the little ginger boy, she knew she had to adopt him.
This is Aragorn cuddling with his human mom in his new home.

He loves following her around the house.

Aragorn jumps in the bathtub after his mom showers.

ā€œAre you taking me with you?ā€

ā€œI only have one eye, but I can see just fine and I am happy and loved.ā€
rO7rq70.jpg

Meet Aragorn, a beautiful one-eyed cat who has a permanent wink. He lost an eye but gained a chance to live.
ā€œHe was brought to the ER for euthanasia at 3 weeks old after being attacked by a dog with his eye hanging out,ā€ said Aragornā€™s human mom via imgur. When she met the little ginger boy, she knew she had to adopt him.
This is Aragorn cuddling with his human mom in his new home.

He loves following her around the house.

Aragorn jumps in the bathtub after his mom showers.

ā€œAre you taking me with you?ā€

ā€œI only have one eye, but I can see just fine and I am happy and loved.ā€
rO7rq70.jpg

I would have named him Polyphemus! :)

A group of eight kitties were rescued by the Cats Protection Birmingham Adoption Centre in July. When the rescue workers inspected the kitties, they discovered that almost all of them had extra toes on their paws.
ā€œA group of cats was recently abandoned at our Birmingham Adoption Centre. Two female adults were accompanied by six eight-week-old kittens, several of which were showing signs of mild cat flu, plus eye infections. All were seen and treated by a vet and have now been nursed back to health,ā€ via Cats Protection blog.
ā€œThe extraordinary thing is that with the exception of two kittens, all the cats have extra toes! They have therefore been dubbed ā€˜the Polydactyl familyā€™.ā€
Meet the Polydactyl family!

This little guy has extra digits on his paws.

Normally a cat has 18 toes.

Five on each front paw and four on each hind paw.

The number of toes of a polydactyl cat ranges 22 to 27.

This gives this group of kitties a total of 180 toes!

Thatā€™s a lot of toes and more to love.

A group of eight kitties were rescued by the Cats Protection Birmingham Adoption Centre in July. When the rescue workers inspected the kitties, they discovered that almost all of them had extra toes on their paws.
ā€œA group of cats was recently abandoned at our Birmingham Adoption Centre. Two female adults were accompanied by six eight-week-old kittens, several of which were showing signs of mild cat flu, plus eye infections. All were seen and treated by a vet and have now been nursed back to health,ā€ via Cats Protection blog.
ā€œThe extraordinary thing is that with the exception of two kittens, all the cats have extra toes! They have therefore been dubbed ā€˜the Polydactyl familyā€™.ā€
Meet the Polydactyl family!

This little guy has extra digits on his paws.

Normally a cat has 18 toes.

Five on each front paw and four on each hind paw.

The number of toes of a polydactyl cat ranges 22 to 27.

This gives this group of kitties a total of 180 toes!

Thatā€™s a lot of toes and more to love.

Cool! :) I always called that "double-pawed." I had a couple of cats that had them. They had thumbs! :D

A tabby cat called McLovinā€™ takes his regular subway train rides with his human Leslie Noel in Toronto, Canada. The two are inseparable. The story of how they found each other explains this incredible bond.
ā€œItā€™s a bond,ā€ Noel said. ā€œHeā€™s the only thing I have. No, heā€™s not a pet.ā€ (via Toronto Life)
ā€œHeā€™s my baby, heā€™s like my child. When Iā€™m crying he licks my tears, when I have bad dreams he wakes me up, I kid you not. Heā€™s a miracle cat. Heā€™s like a fallen angel.ā€
The two met three years ago when Noel was looking for an apartment. The landlord offered him a room and reassured him not to worry about the smell and the mess in there. ā€œā€˜Itā€™ll be cleaned up by the time you get in there.ā€™ He unbolts this door and inside was four dead kittens and McLovinā€™,ā€ he added.
ā€œI said, ā€˜Iā€™m not going to take this room, Iā€™m going to take this cat,ā€™ and the rest is history. Heā€™s my baby. He was so small, he was so little. I had to bottle feed him every two hours for two weeks straight.ā€
Before Noel found McLovinā€™, he was still coping with the passings of his parents. ā€œI prayed to God. I just wanted not to be alone any more,ā€ he said. ā€œWhat I meant was a girl, but the exact next day I found him. And heā€™s in my life ever since.ā€
Leslie Noel and his beloved feline companion McLovinā€™, the subway cat. (photo: Chris Bateman)

He found McLovinā€™ when he was looking for an apartment. He rescued the cat and bottle fed him.

The two became inseparable. ā€œHeā€™s my baby, heā€™s like my child. When Iā€™m crying he licks my tears, when I have bad dreams he wakes me up, I kid you not. Heā€™s a miracle cat. Heā€™s like a fallen angel.ā€ (photo: Martin Reis)

They take regular subway rides together.

ā€œItā€™s a bond.ā€

Here is a sweet kitty rescue story! :)

4979686493_3cae8eb260_z.jpg

Written by Ā©Jamie (flickr: jcspenny)

My mom and I were actually looking to adopt a new cat when we got Jack. I have a friend who boards her horse at a local riding stable and one of the barn cats gave birth to a kitten. It seemed that spaying didnā€™t work on the cat, so she gave birth to a single, deformed kitten and was not able to produce milk. Luckily the owners recently had her fixed, so Iā€™m hoping this doesnā€™t happen again.

Jack (at the time he was known as Stevie Wonder) was born without eyes. Heā€™s very lucky with his timing. He grew up having other kittens to play and socialize with, and was used to people from the moment he was born since there are always kids hanging around the barn. He was a favourite amongst the students at the barn. However, when it came time to find the kittens homes, no one knew where Jack would end up. Although some of the kittens already had homes, the ones they couldnā€™t find homes for would go to the local vetā€™s to be put up for adoption. They didnā€™t want to do that with Jack. There was no doubt any of the ā€œnormalā€ kittens would find homes there, but Jack was special.

Thatā€™s when I got an e-mail from my friend. All she asked was ā€œDo you still want one of the kittens? Thereā€™s one here with no eyes and no one can take him.ā€ She knows me too well. Without thinking I told her that I did want the kitten. I wouldnā€™t be able to put him in the barn, but who cares?

4979686529_aceb267db9_z.jpg

"When this picture was taken, Jack was hopping through the grass. I'd call his name and he'd come hopping towards me. He crashed into my camera just after this was taken!" - Jamie

I changed his name from Stevie Wonder because I used to have a cat named Stevie who passed away a couple years ago. Iā€™m a huge fan of old TV shows and thought Jack Tripper was a good name for a kitten who couldnā€™t see. He has done a few classic ā€œJack Tripperā€ moves, too. Although he gets around very well (especially now that he knows the layout of the house) but he sometimes does trip or fall over things.

When we first brought him home Jack stayed mostly in my room. He walked cautiously around, sniffing everything. After about a day he had no issues running around, jumping onto my bed and climbing on everything. It wasnā€™t long before he mastered the rest of the house, either. He went through a time where he could climb the stairs, but couldnā€™t get down. He would sit at the top and cry until someone came and got him. Heā€™s big enough now that he can get down on his own. Every now and then when he gets disoriented heā€™ll stop and cry. But we just call his name and talk to him and it isnā€™t long before he finds his way back to us.

He also went through a period where he would wake me up every morning between 5 ā€“ 6 by licking my nose. Iā€™m not a morning person and like my sleep, so I would try everything to get him to stop. Iā€™d pull him away, but heā€™d come back up and start licking again. Iā€™d turn over, but heā€™d walk over to my other side and lick my nose some more. Iā€™d even try lying on my stomach, but heā€™d crouch down, turn his head upside down, and keep on licking my nose! Heā€™s stopped that for the most part now. Heā€™ll still lick my nose, but usually waits until Iā€™m awake now.

Adventurous little Jack
4980293320_4b5e9786aa_z.jpg

Also, a few weeks after getting Jack, we got a new barn cat named Bear. Bear is very friendly and likes to come sit outside with us in the evenings. I always take Jack outside at that time for some fresh air and exercise. He loves to run (at top speed!) around the back yard and gardens. Bear and Jack have become best friends. It doesnā€™t matter that he canā€™t see, Jack always knows when Bear is around. Heā€™ll run across the yard straight to Bear and wrap his front legs around his neck in a big hug. They chase each other around and wrestle, and when theyā€™re tired theyā€™ll lie down in the grass together.

He has absolutely no eyes at all. Because of that, his eyelids are too long since they have nothing to cover. His eye holes tend to get weepy because that irritates them a little. As heā€™s growing, heā€™s started to grow into his eyelids and may have no issues there at all. But if theyā€™re still irritating him, our vet may consider sewing his eyes shut. Other than that, heā€™s perfectly healthy.

Jack is truly an inspiration. Iā€™ve owned a lot of kittens in my life, but Jack is the happiest, most playful of them all. He doesnā€™t feel sorry for himself. Heck, for all he knows, all cats are just like him. People who know Jack donā€™t feel sorry for him. They cherish him for the treasure that he is. I have talked to a few people who havenā€™t met him personally who tend to pity him, but they just donā€™t understand. Jack doesnā€™t need pity. I think Jean (who has Gumbo the eyeless ginger) said it best when she told me that cats donā€™t have disabilities, they have adaptabilities.

Photos courtesy of Ā©Jamie (flickr: jcspenny).

4979686355_89991a4c63_z.jpg

"He's growing like a weed and every day gets more daring and adventurous! He's comfortable with the entire house now, which means I have to go looking for him if I want him. You can take your eyes off of him for just a second and he's gone, climbing up onto something or grabbing at something he shouldn't be. But he's cute, so it's okay.When I take Jack outside to play in the yard he doesn't just walk around the garden now, he runs everywhere! I have never seen a cat run as fast as him. When he hits something, he just turns around and runs the other way." - Jamie

4980293380_3d4fac02e9_z.jpg

Getting ready to pounce

4979686435_3dc5efbb9c_z.jpg

4980293420_563dfe903e_z.jpg

Jack loves to play in the gardens

4980293534_5124c674da_z.jpg

Jack was exploring the porch. He's so curious about everything!

5000804949_b88a9b04da_z.jpg

Jack waving at us :)

4980293592_623b18243e_z.jpg

4980293296_c2dc1cff2c_z.jpg

"Jack loves hanging out with his uncle Bear. He runs straight to him from across the yard and wraps his front legs around his neck in a big hug. The two of them will wrestle and chase each other around. When they get tuckered out, Jack and Bear will lay in the grass next to each other. Bear is so good to little Jack, it's nice to see Jack with a cat friend." - Jamie

4980293360_fff52eca5c_z.jpg

Little Jack loves playing with Bear.

5000809225_2402d1e4f0_z.jpg

"I am a happy kitty. I love life!"

Read more at Jack Tripper the Amazing Eyeless Kitty - Love Meow

Meet Mustache the dapper little kitten. He was found in a warehouse along with his four siblings. ā€œThis was the second litter of five born in the attic of the warehouse I work at,ā€ said AngelaWomack71, the foster mom, who rescued the litter of kittens and nursed them back to health.
Meet Mustache the dapper kitten. He was found in the attic of a warehouse.

He and his foster dad both have a handlebar mustache!

ā€œMustache when he was a few days old, before he had his eyes open,ā€ said AngelaWomack71.

Eyes finally opened!

ā€œI couldnā€™t leave them and shelters are so full they wouldā€™ve been euthanized. Not on my watch. No way!ā€ she added.

This is Mustache in a food coma. Aww!

ā€œThis dapper little dude went to his new home and I miss his sweet little face!ā€

Because they make you feel good!

Meet Finn the ginger, who was found living under a cement step of an apartment building on a freezing old day.
Sheri received a frantic text about the kitten, and immediately went to the rescue. Ā“He was a little ginger kitten, with the cutest face and the cutest little squeak of a meow. I brought him home, without knowing whether or not I was going to keep him, or give him to one of the amazing rescue organizations in my area,Ā” she said.
She stayed up through many sleepless nights looking after the little ginger kitten, feeding him round the clock while taking care of her own furry gang. Ā“My dog just absolutely loved him. She was so excited to have a new little friend that she could play with and protect. Soon after that, I named the little ginger kitten Finn. I guess keep down I knew that we were going to be keeping him.Ā”
A tiny ginger furball was found living under a cement step of an apartment building on a freezing cold day. Sheri took him in. He was so hungry that he finished the whole bottle.

Sheri started fostering Finn while taking care of her own furry friends.

Ā“My dog just absolutely loved him. She was so excited to have a new little friend that she could play with and protect.Ā”

Soon after that she knew that they couldnĀ’t part with him, so decided to adopt him.

Finn stays by SheriĀ’s side when she is on the computer.

He gives her a paw when she does laundry.

The bed now belongs to Finn and he shares it with his human.

Josie the dog watched Finn grow. They are now best of friends.

He loved his human who gave him a second chance at life.

All grown up now, Finn still cuddles his human everyday.
I just got adopted by a jet black tomcat.

I kept hearing him, and finally found him under the house.

Poor thing had dozens of ticks.

I had a can of salmon($7 GOOD salmon) and gave him that over the weekend.

Got him de-ticked, and am now feeding him canned food in the morning, and making sure he has dry food all day and night if he wants it.

He sleeps on my welcome mat.

Being so beautiful, I named him Cam Mewton, after my Panther's QB.

Hi! I have a kitten rescue story... And we're trying to raise support to get them proper vet treatment: gofundme.com/chicagokittens

Meet Smokey and her 4 kittens, in order of appearance: Ivy-pool (girl), Dove-wing (girl), Konerko (boy), and Boulder (boy).

2449364_1414628537.6532_funddescription.jpg

They are as sweet as can be, and we are fostering them, hoping to find them great homes and get them the veternarian care that they need! Smokey is the sweetest cat, and she purred all the way through her delivery! She has passed that sweetness down to her kittens.

We have fostered her for the last 6 weeks, and welcomed her kittens into the world which are now 4 weeks old. Believe us, we have loved doing it, but there are always associated costs...

We can't be certain that the local no-kill shelter will take them when the kittens are ready to leave their mother, because they have lots of cats they are currently trying to re-home, and we are reluctant to leave them at a shelter that isn't no-kill. Furthermore, since they aren't pedigreed, we will certainly not be able to sell them at a price that will re-coop our costs.

If we go to the local humane society for vaccinations and low-price spay/neuter, it looks like we'll spend around $593 to get all 4 kittens and their mother what they need. If you add that to the cost of food, toys, equipment, etc. we are around $700 out of pocket.

Please help us make this small contribution to the huge problem of stray animals in Chicago that haven't been spayed or neutered: gofundme.com/chicagokittens. The last thing this city needs is another family of procreating cats on the loose!

If you live in the Chicago area and would like to both donate and adopt a kitten, let us know! And if you're in Texas, we'll be there for Thanksgiving and Christmas and can deliver!

gofundme.com/chicagokittens

Thank you very much!
The Lyday Family

Last edited:
These five tiny furballs weighed less than a pound when they came to the SPCA of Texas. Look at their amazing transformation in a few weeks.
ā€œTimmy, Tina, Trevor, Timba & Timon came to the SPCA of Texas weighing 0.4 lbs, covered in fleas & food and very dehydrated. It took weeks of medical care from staff & lots of TLC from fosters, but today these five are finally healthy & ready for homes,ā€ the shelter wrote via Facebook.
Timmy, Tina, Trevor, Timba & Timon when they came to the shelter weighing just 0.4 lbs.

Mid-way through their healing process ā€“ bright-eyed and getting strong!

Now they are healthy, strong and so happy. Ready for their forever homes!

Meet Budd. Heā€™s a ā€˜wobblyā€™ kitty, born unable to walk or stand, but Budd doesnā€™t want people to take pity on him. He is learning to walk, making a lot of progress and is the happiest he can be with his loving family. Budd doesnā€™t let anything slow him down.
Budd born with Cerebellar Hypoplasia was found at eight weeks old and brought to Cat Depot, a rescue center in Sarasota, Florida. His foster caregivers Jill, Kay and Jim helped him build muscle strength to walk in a custom made cart. They taught him how to eat from a bowl and use a litterbox on his own.
Budd, you are a Super Kitty in our eyes. Go Budd!
[Scroll down for video of Buddā€™s incredible progress]
Budd, the wobbly kitty, born unable to walk or stand, but he doesnā€™t let anything slow him down.

Budd has learned to walk in his custom made cart, eat from a bowl and use the litterbox on his own.

Heā€™s been adopted by his foster familyā€¦

and is loved by so many including his best furiend.

WATCH VIDEO: Buddā€™s made incredible progress under the care of his loving family

Meet Henry the pirate cat who has three legs, one eye and a big purrsonality.
ā€œHe was born with a non-functional leg and an eye with recurring ulcer issues. So in one giant operation, they removed his eye, his leg, and neutered him! Must have been one heck of a rough wake-up for the little guyā€¦ According to his medical records, he was purring and cuddling and ruling around the very next day,ā€ said Phil.
They decided to adopt Henry when they met him. It was love at first sight. ā€œWe didnā€™t realize until he woke up that he was missing parts. We adopted him right away, as he was extremely cute and cuddly.ā€
Henry doesnā€™t seem to notice heā€™s any different. ā€œHe runs around like crazy, eats like a champ and frequently tackles his much larger, older ā€˜brotherā€™, Johnnyā€¦ He is SO fluffy and cute, and has an amazing personality,ā€ he added.
[Scroll down for video of Henry]
Meet Henry the pirate cat. He is a 3-legged, 1-eyed kitty with a big purrsonality!

Tripod Henry gets creative when he needs to clean himself.

One of Henryā€™s favorite toys.

All tuckered out after a long day of playing and running around.

He and his big ā€˜brotherā€™ Johnny.

Henry all grown up now.

Meet Henry the pirate cat who has three legs, one eye and a big purrsonality.
ā€œHe was born with a non-functional leg and an eye with recurring ulcer issues. So in one giant operation, they removed his eye, his leg, and neutered him! Must have been one heck of a rough wake-up for the little guyā€¦ According to his medical records, he was purring and cuddling and ruling around the very next day,ā€ said Phil.
They decided to adopt Henry when they met him. It was love at first sight. ā€œWe didnā€™t realize until he woke up that he was missing parts. We adopted him right away, as he was extremely cute and cuddly.ā€
Henry doesnā€™t seem to notice heā€™s any different. ā€œHe runs around like crazy, eats like a champ and frequently tackles his much larger, older ā€˜brotherā€™, Johnnyā€¦ He is SO fluffy and cute, and has an amazing personality,ā€ he added.
[Scroll down for video of Henry]
Meet Henry the pirate cat. He is a 3-legged, 1-eyed kitty with a big purrsonality!

Tripod Henry gets creative when he needs to clean himself.

One of Henryā€™s favorite toys.

All tuckered out after a long day of playing and running around.

He and his big ā€˜brotherā€™ Johnny.

Henry all grown up now.

I love his pirate costume! :lol: Very cute!

Forum List

Back