Kitty rescue stories....

A tiny kitten was found on the side of the road injured by a moving car, but the little one bounced back after being rescued by kind people who wouldn’t give up on her.
“On the road I saw (the kitty’s) huge eyes from the side of the road… no question of us not stopping, and despite the bloody nose and broken leg, she bounced back almost immediately and joined our little zoo like she’d been born into it,” said lvacqua via reddit.
They named her Chamberlain. “Definitely not a girls name but we were on our way home from a weekend trip to Gettysburg visiting the Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain memorial. He survived multiple battle wounds and went on to run a university and the state of Maine for a while. We figured that if any name was fitting for the little one who beat all the odds, Chamberlain was it,” she added.
When they found her, she was injured lying on the side of the road. “on the road I saw… her huge eyes from the side of the road… no question of us not stopping.”

Four weeks after they found her. She bounced back. “Despite the bloody nose and broken leg, she bounced back almost immediately and joined our little zoo like she’d been born into it.”

Snuggling with her little human friend.

Lexi the St. Bernard took her under his arms.

Cricket the dog is showering her with love.

Feeling loved and comfortable in her new home.

After all the exploring kitty did with his human friend, he was pretty hungry.
“I was just babysitting for a little bit! This was at my mom’s office and her coworker fosters kittens. She was telling me how she had to get up in the middle of the night, just to feed these little guys when they were only days old (six weeks in the picture I posted),” said EdgarAlanPwnd of reddit.
Little foster kitty exploring the office with his human friend.

“After all the exploring him and I did, he was pretty hungry! He knocked back the whole thing!”

This tiny baby kitten was found in a parking lot along with his three siblings. Ari and Miu, two sisters, spotted the kittens and knew right away that they had to save them. “We couldn’t leave them on their own, so we decided to rescue them. The first thing they needed was food because they hadn’t eaten for a long time,” they said.
Three of the kittens survived, but this tabby kitten whom they named Arang had a bit of a fight with his health. “Arang was diagnosed with a birth defect. Although he is having difficulty, we hope he can have a healthy life and stay with us for a long time,” they added.
With a lot of love and care, Arang is getting stronger everyday.
Little tabby baby Arang was found in a parking lot…

…along with his siblings.

The two sisters that found him took him in and gave him food, warmth and a lot of love.

Arang was very tiny. Though born with a birth detect, he’s never given up hope.

He got better everyday. A little fighter!

Arang is giving his human mom some love nibbles.

Happy to have a forever home.

“Thank you for saving me.”

“This little kitten is a fighter, and had already used two of her nine cat lives when she came to us, hence the name Seven. She was born with a condition called Cerebellar Hypoplasia, which is caused when the mama kitty gets infected with a virus while pregnant. Seven and her Mama were living as strays in deplorable conditions, and she was the only kitten in her litter to survive the first few weeks. Around 6 weeks of age, her mama kitty tried to relocate Seven to higher grounds, and unfortunately Seven lost her balance and took a wild tumble off the roof of a good samaritan. She was taken to the nearest vet, who immediately fell in love with her and wanted to help.
In fact, she has no idea she’s any different! She is able to eat, drink, and play like a normal kitty. She has a normal lifespan and requires no special medical care. Despite having a lot of balance issues, she has never missed the litterbox once. She is a very special kitty and deserves a second chance at life.”

A Maine Coon cat Thula and a girl with autism share a special bond. Thula has become her faithful best friend and helps her live her life more fully.
Iris Grace Halmshaw, a 4-year-old girl from the UK has been struggling with communication, expressing affection and social interaction. Her parents introduced Thula the cat back in Febuary, 2014, the little furry friend has brought sunshine into her life since.
“She has been at Iris’s side since she arrived and slept in her arms during her first night here. A true Maine Coon, affectionate, loving and intelligent. It seemed like they were old friends as I watched them on the sofa. We have named her Thula after one of Iris’s favourite African lullabies called ‘Thula, Thula’ meaning Peace and Tranquillity in Zulu,” said Arabella Carter-Johnson.
“The morning routine is changing, Iris once slow to stir and difficult to get going before 9am has now got springs in her feet. Waking up with her new friend beside her spreads a wide smile and I hear her say ‘more’ as she walks following her to the stairs.”
“Thula’s constant presence and gentle nature is having a remarkable effect upon Iris who is nonverbal most of the time, I am hearing more words, she is instructing Thula on how she wants her to be.”
“She has become her best friend helping her in ways I could only imagine. She helps me settle her at night, wake her in the morning, with bath time, hair brushing…you name it Thula will find a way to help Iris through whatever problem she is going through, it’s incredible.”

She chats with Thula about everything. They are inseparable.

Thula encourages Iris to read her a story while playing.

They love playing and being creative together.

Iris loves to paint, and Thula is her assistant, sitting quietly while watching her work.

“Iris and Thula had a relaxed morning together, I managed to fit in some counting and speech therapy and it worked really well, I would say ‘How many ears has Thula got ?’ she would point and say ‘one, two’ the same for paws, ‘one, two, three, four’ and so on. I even got her to shake paws, Iris has never wanted to shake peoples hands,” said Arabella.

They share a daily after-lunch nap on the couch, peaceful purring…

Iris and Thula share a special friendship, Thula giving undeniable love and loyalty to her best friend and Iris loving her back just the same.
enhanced-30015-1410202642-1.jpg

Officer J. Huggins saved a little sick kitten without a home. He picked up the tiny calico and brought her to a shelter to get medical attention. After learning that many cats from the shelter are in need of foster homes, he decided to take the kitten home so that she could get the best care and thrive.
Front Street Animal Shelter wrote: “Officer Huggins responded to a call for a sick kitten that had been abandoned in South Sacramento. After finally locating the kitten he rushed her to our veterinary team to be evaluated. She was safe at the shelter, but Officer Huggins knew she would thrive in a foster home. Knowing we have lots of kittens needing foster, Officer Huggins opted to take the baby home! Life is good on Front Street thanks to our humane officers.”

An update on my rabbit. I haven't a lot of money, but I have to call around today and try to find either a vet or a groomer to shave the rabbit's backside. I've given him baths and brushed him, but I cannot get the mats out of his fur . They are SO bad. I cut out many of them with the scissors (carefully), but on his whole back side and belly, they are just too bad. I'm obviously not a pet groomer, so I don't really have the correct tools either. I just used an old hair brush and scissors.

Anyway, he already seems so much more happy (and looks a lot better), now that I got rid of some of the bigger ugly areas of matted fur. He was running around last night and jumping and kicking his feet up (I imagine that's how he plays - LOL).

Maybe someone has some advice on how to get rid of matted fur? I had to stop brushing for now because I don't want to irritate or cut his skin.

An update on my rabbit. I haven't a lot of money, but I have to call around today and try to find either a vet or a groomer to shave the rabbit's backside. I've given him baths and brushed him, but I cannot get the mats out of his fur . They are SO bad. I cut out many of them with the scissors (carefully), but on his whole back side and belly, they are just too bad. I'm obviously not a pet groomer, so I don't really have the correct tools either. I just used an old hair brush and scissors.

Anyway, he already seems so much more happy (and looks a lot better), now that I got rid of some of the bigger ugly areas of matted fur. He was running around last night and jumping and kicking his feet up (I imagine that's how he plays - LOL).

Maybe someone has some advice on how to get rid of matted fur? I had to stop brushing for now because I don't want to irritate or cut his skin.

Just keep working at it, every other day, so he doesn't get sore or afraid of what your doing. I do it to some feral long haired cats, and it's easier to give them treats when you do it, takes their minds off of it.

Meet Palmer the kitty, who was still a baby when they found him on the street. This is his journey to his forever home.
“In April, I received an email from a woman who was handed a kitten by a young boy in her neighborhood. He got him from a man handing out kittens from a box on the street, and placed him in her palm on Palm Sunday. This is how Palmer got his name,” said Stephanie Seiler of Big City Little Kitty.

“He was only a couple of days old. He weighed 4 ounces, and still had his umbilical cord attached. Tigra (the cat) gave him a thorough examination.”

“Luckily, he latched on to the bottle very quickly, and I don’t think I’ve ever had a kitten who ate as well as he did. He took his food seriously (and I think he still does).”

” I kept him full, clean,”

“burped, and snuggled.”

“He was a happy little guy!”

“This is the day he found his toes!”

“He spent a lot of time at my office, and my coworkers co-fostered him! When I had to be in class, they all stepped up to feed him and snuggle him! Here he is in his kitten sling with auntie Billie.”

Ready for his new home.

“Palmer is living happily ever after in his furrever home, with his mama who reached out to me for help when he was placed in her palm.”

Just keep working at it, every other day, so he doesn't get sore or afraid of what your doing. I do it to some feral long haired cats, and it's easier to give them treats when you do it, takes their minds off of it.

Thanks. I've been doing that, and I find that, although it takes longer, it works better to use my fingernails to break up the mats close to his skin and then comb them out. I called a couple of groomers over the weekend, but they only do cats and dogs.

Thanks. I've been doing that, and I find that, although it takes longer, it works better to use my fingernails to break up the mats close to his skin and then comb them out. I called a couple of groomers over the weekend, but they only do cats and dogs.

AS the saying goes....You're doing it right!

Their new rescue kitty is having a cuddle session with his new human dad who just came home after serving in the military.
“My brother came home from the navy last month and we adopted Romeo almost two weeks ago from my extremely neglectful neighbors. Both are happy to be home,” said the sister via reddit. “I think [Romeo] has become quite attached!”
Their new rescue kitty is cuddling with his new human dad who just came home from the navy.

“Both are happy to be home.”

An adventurous cat named Honey Bee was rescued in Fiji and found her way to her new home in America. She can’t see, but that does not stop her from exploring. Now she’s got her human companions to explore with.
“Honey Bee has a lot of surprising qualities, and one of them is that she’s from Fiji,” Sabrina wrote via Facebook. “I met her at Animals Fiji, where I volunteered for three days at the beginning of a vacation. Honey Bee was so funny and affectionate that I had to bring her home. Animals Fiji is a great little shelter and nonprofit vet clinic that takes care of the animals of that country, and is one of the best places I’ve volunteered internationally.”
A question about Honey Bee: “Without eyes, how do you know if she’s awake?” “Her ears are alert and moving around, tracking sounds just like a cat with eyes would watch things. You can tell when she’s paying attention by her body language,” Sabrina said.
“Honey Bee believes in celebrating the simple pleasures in life, like a summer day spent listening at the window.”
Meet Honey Bee. She was rescued from Fiji and found her way to her new home in America. She began her new adventurous life exploring with her humans through her amazing senses.

Watch Honey Bee as she goes hiking with her human best friends.
Honey Bee arrived in her new home in America. “She fell asleep in my lap soon after arriving in Seattle, and has been purring ever since. It wasn’t a fun journey, but Honey Bee now has an awesome life with excellent care, exciting adventures, and a lot of friends and snuggles,” Sabrina wrote.

Honey Bee’s best friend is Tavo. “Honey Bee loved him right away and now they’re napping buddies.”

As a rescue kitty herself, Honey Bee has a special spot for kitties like her. This is her saying goodbye to their blind foster kittens as they left for the Seattle Humane Society, waiting for their forever homes.

“People say they love dogs because you can take them hiking. Honey Bee loves hiking, too!”

“Honey Bee, proudly reveling in the first cat ascent of a boulder near Mason Lake in WA.”

Meet Sol the ginger kitty. He was found under the deck meowing for help. They gave him a home and a friend who is also a ginger cat.
Sol was born in the wild. “When we found him on June 21 he was under our deck, half-starved, crying, flea-infested and pitiful. Just one lone kitten? Where was his mother, his siblings? How did he get under our deck, all alone? We’ll never know,” the family said. “We immediately decided to clean him up and keep him.”
“His first couple weeks were rough. We had to keep him quarantined. He had a URI of some sort, and he was semi-feral.
Our one-year old cat Boots was a little standoff-ish at first, but Sol kept following him around.” Sol slowly came out of his shell with help from Boots. The two became best friends.
Meet Sol, the little ginger, who was found under the deck. They cleaned him up and welcomed the little one to his new home.

Sol slowly came out of his shell and was nursed back to health. This is him snuggling with his rescuer.

Sol met another ginger cat named Boots. “Boots wasn’t Sol’s biggest fan at first, but Sol grew on him.”

“Wouldn’t take no for an answer.”

“Soon it became weird to see one without the other”

“Now it is true love.”

An adventurous cat named Honey Bee was rescued in Fiji and found her way to her new home in America. She can’t see, but that does not stop her from exploring. Now she’s got her human companions to explore with.
“Honey Bee has a lot of surprising qualities, and one of them is that she’s from Fiji,” Sabrina wrote via Facebook. “I met her at Animals Fiji, where I volunteered for three days at the beginning of a vacation. Honey Bee was so funny and affectionate that I had to bring her home. Animals Fiji is a great little shelter and nonprofit vet clinic that takes care of the animals of that country, and is one of the best places I’ve volunteered internationally.”
A question about Honey Bee: “Without eyes, how do you know if she’s awake?” “Her ears are alert and moving around, tracking sounds just like a cat with eyes would watch things. You can tell when she’s paying attention by her body language,” Sabrina said.
“Honey Bee believes in celebrating the simple pleasures in life, like a summer day spent listening at the window.”
Meet Honey Bee. She was rescued from Fiji and found her way to her new home in America. She began her new adventurous life exploring with her humans through her amazing senses.

Watch Honey Bee as she goes hiking with her human best friends.
Honey Bee arrived in her new home in America. “She fell asleep in my lap soon after arriving in Seattle, and has been purring ever since. It wasn’t a fun journey, but Honey Bee now has an awesome life with excellent care, exciting adventures, and a lot of friends and snuggles,” Sabrina wrote.

Honey Bee’s best friend is Tavo. “Honey Bee loved him right away and now they’re napping buddies.”

As a rescue kitty herself, Honey Bee has a special spot for kitties like her. This is her saying goodbye to their blind foster kittens as they left for the Seattle Humane Society, waiting for their forever homes.

“People say they love dogs because you can take them hiking. Honey Bee loves hiking, too!”

“Honey Bee, proudly reveling in the first cat ascent of a boulder near Mason Lake in WA.”

How sad. I wonder what happened to her eyes?

Only one out of every 3,000 calico cats is male, and this little foster kitten is one of them. Meet String!
String came to Southern Pines Animal Shelter (in Southern Mississippi) through animal control. “He was a little too small, when he arrived, to thrive and stay healthy in the shelter environment, so he was sent into foster in one of our wonderful foster homes,” Southern Pines said.
“Female cats have two X chromosomes, while male cats have an X and a Y chromosome. For a cat to be a calico or tortoiseshell, the animal must have two X chromosomes, which means the kitty is going to be female the vast majority of the time. When the calico pattern exists in a male, it’s because the cat has three sex chromosomes: two X, one Y (male),” DR. Marty Becker wrote via VetStreet. “And if both X chromosomes carry the calico blueprint, you’re looking at one rare cat: a male calico.”
“String is doing really well in his foster home, and enjoying life as a spoiled kitten. When he is old enough and heavy enough, he will be ready for adoption,” Southern Pines added.
Only one out of every 3,000 calico cats is male and this little foster kitten is one of them. Meet String!

String is enjoying life as a spoiled kitten in his foster home.

This summer alone Southern Pines has saved more than 1400 lives.

A tiny rescue ginger kitten Robin was adopted by a Husky, who became the big brother he never had. This is the beautiful story of Robin and Nikko.
“Nikko (the Husky) stayed like this the whole first night I had Robin,” said the human dad via imgur.

He never left his little kitten out of his sight.

The two became inseparable.

Robin the kitten now has a forever home, a big protective Husky brother and a human dad to snuggle with.

Meet Janus, the two toned Chimera calico kitten who will steal your heart.
Janus, 6 days old, eyes still closed.

Oh that face! Who could possibly say no?

Janus meowing for attention.

Little Janus lost in a pile of kitten feets

Where is Janus?

Where’s Janus now?

Ready for forever home.

According to the foster parents, Janus and her furry family all have found their forever homes.

A tiny spotted baby kitten was found curled alone on the sidewalk by a good Samaritan. “The woman gently scooped the kitten in her hands and rushed it to a veterinarian who fed him and found out that this little spotted kitten, who looked like a panda bear, was only one-week-old,” said Helen Woodward Animal Center.
The kitten was still a baby and needed round-the-clock care, so the woman called Helen Woodward Animal Center for help. The next day, she drove the kitten to the center. “Due to his special spots, we named him ‘Panda!'”
“Panda is now safely with an experienced foster volunteer who is keeping him fed and warm. Plus, Panda has a new ‘big brother’ to help keep watch! Meet Shadow, the foster’s dog, and he is very serious about making sure this kitten is safe and happy,” Helen Woodward added.

Meet Panda, a tiny baby kitten found curled alone on the sidewalk.

The day Panda arrived in Helen Woodward Animal Shelter.

They found him a nice foster home and a ‘big brother’ who is very serious about making sure this kitten is safe and happy.

Shadow the foster’s dog loves his little Panda.

They are feeding the little one every 2-3 hours.

Forum List

Back