Kids today are different from the last couple of generations. Why?

Boy the differences in environment is astonishing. I though the other day about phones and wondered if libraries are going to become obselete. After all, how many teenagers or even adults read these days?

As for 10-20 year olds, now way can a book be chosen over a video game, horror movies and Facebook.

Television wasn't so bad because it generally depicted a suburban or urban home that honored values and cursing was never part of a conversation. The mosr selacious television was murder mysteries and then My Three Sons or Mayberry were more popular.

If you really thought about our society today, we are in real trouble. Marriages are not lasting because often we are moral degenerates or or not even taken seriously. It is a "throw away alliance" that ends sometimes without much thought (about as much thought as there was in deciding on marriage.)

Where do you think we are going to be in the next 40 years? I shudder to think.

Parents don't discipline, won't allow the schools to do the same and parents look the other way when their kids get into drinking, drugs and smoking without consequence. Young people are not being held responsible for anything. What kind of world are we creating?

Is there anything we can do to reverse this trend?

Yeah, stop being your grandfather and complaining about the damn cost of everything.

Young people in Florida want accountability on guns now, you behind that?

Boy the differences in environment is astonishing. I though the other day about phones and wondered if libraries are going to become obselete. After all, how many teenagers or even adults read these days?

As for 10-20 year olds, now way can a book be chosen over a video game, horror movies and Facebook.

Television wasn't so bad because it generally depicted a suburban or urban home that honored values and cursing was never part of a conversation. The mosr selacious television was murder mysteries and then My Three Sons or Mayberry were more popular.

If you really thought about our society today, we are in real trouble. Marriages are not lasting because often we are moral degenerates or or not even taken seriously. It is a "throw away alliance" that ends sometimes without much thought (about as much thought as there was in deciding on marriage.)

Parents don't discipline, won't allow the schools to do the same and parents look the other way when their kids get into drinking, drugs and smoking without consequence. Young people are not being held responsible for anything. What kind of world are we creating?

Yeah, stop being your grandfather and complaining about the damn cost of everything.

When they pay taxes, vote, sustain themselves then they can make demands

Every time a generation becomes the old farts of the world, its social conservatives rail against the younger generations. They see the world as scary and frightening because it’s not exactly as it was 60+ years before.
We have a generation that questions what gender they are. We are screwed.
Okay old fart :itsok:

Any bets the oldfool sits at his desktop in a lovely chiffon gown? He seems light in the loafers
Thinking about gay folks again, inbred?
Every time a generation becomes the old farts of the world, its social conservatives rail against the younger generations. They see the world as scary and frightening because it’s not exactly as it was 60+ years before.

Any bets the oldfool sits at his desktop in a lovely chiffon gown? He seems light in the loafers
Ya know, I'm an old fart too. It seems there must be some common values again. If you can ever have a conversation without the denigration, let me know. Till then, take care.

Yes. I am against banning all guns. I believe that the only people who should have guns are the the good guys who want to protect their famlies.

However, I think that can be done without AR-15's. I do believe there is a good chance if everyone could talk without insulting there may be a good chance of a compromise. Hunting rifles? Sure. I am not a hunter and honestly don't have a horse in that race. But there are hunters who should have a right, too.

What about thinking about tasers used for home protection. I wouldn't own a gun (I would end up arming a burglar) but i would a stun gun, just hoping I am not holding it backwards.

Let's open a dialogue where everyone can win a little and lose a little...Maybe we can teach Congress a thing or two.

So you would like to go back to segregation and all the associated crap ?

tommy the deaf, dumb and blind boy... Why don't you take 10 minutes of your valuable time and read the following link... Your automatic emotional argument of segregation is flawed... Open you eyes blind boy...

The Great Society 50 Years Later: How We're Failing America's Poor
The Great Society50 Years Later: How the Poor Fail America

If you are poor, than you damn well be brain dead or seriously disabled. You are costing the country trillions by having children without being able to afford them and sitting on your damn ass waiting for someone to pay for your food, housing and medical costs.

tommy the deaf, dumb and blind boy... Why don't you take 10 minutes of your valuable time and read the following link... Your automatic emotional argument of segregation is flawed... Open you eyes blind boy...

If you are poor, than you damn well be brain dead or seriously disabled. You are costing the country trillions by having children without being able to afford them and sitting on your damn ass waiting for someone to pay for your food, housing and medical costs.

Just another taker complaint

Tell me about it!

Learning proper cuneiform was mandatory when I was young, and it should be mandatory today.

.....and don't even get me started about how Ra has been kicked out of the classroom, either.
I'm not sure what Ra is and cunieform is an early form of writing. Not sure if I get point.

He is arrogantly telling you that if you didn't learn that stuff in school, you are a dummy.
No, I was making fun of my age.

If only....

Just another taker complaint
So that scenario is okay?

Tell me about it!

Learning proper cuneiform was mandatory when I was young, and it should be mandatory today.

.....and don't even get me started about how Ra has been kicked out of the classroom, either.
I'm not sure what Ra is and cunieform is an early form of writing. Not sure if I get point.

He is arrogantly telling you that if you didn't learn that stuff in school, you are a dummy.

If only....
If only you weren't a stupid shit slacker who doesn't amount to anything in life and so sulks around with a ginormous chip on your shoulder?

I doubt if I am the only one wondering that.

The way employers treat their best workers is scary. I fear for future young workers.

Tell me about it!

If only....
If only you weren't a stupid shit slacker who doesn't amount to anything in life and so sulks around with a ginormous chip on your shoulder?

A "shit slacker"? That's new.

Here is how I measure my worth.

I have three children.

All three have more awareness, higher educations, better incomes and more impact on their communities than I did at their age.

They have never had a need go unmet.

Do ya need a loan?

If only....

I have three children.

All three have more awareness, higher educations, better incomes and more impact on their communities than I did at their age.

Do ya need a loan?

So, in other words, your wife raised the children and was somehow able to instill some values in them despite your complete loser mentality.

I admire her for overcoming the obstacle you provided to the rearing of her children.

I know he seems not to remember supporting men in girls locker rooms.

Have you chosen which bathroom to use today?

Questioning your manhood.
What manhood? Obama took any sign of it.

If only....

I have three children.

Do ya need a loan?

So, in other words, your wife raised the children and was somehow able to instill some values in them despite your complete loser mentality.

I admire her for overcoming the obstacle you provided to the rearing of her children.

That was somewhat clever. But, your desperation still shows.

I agree 100% with the OP: the next forty years will be a wild time for the United States of America.

We are constantly told that today's youth are more tolerant than past generations. It is said that today's youth accept people of all ethnicities, religions, sexualities, etc. much more readily than did older generations.

IMHO, today's youth are NOT more "tolerant." They are simply more INDIFFERENT. They do NOT care about anything except themselves.

Yes, older generations WERE more bigoted, for -- rightly or wrongly -- they cared strongly about ethnicity, religion, sexuality, etc.

Today's youth has the attitude of "Whatever! Don't bother me! I'm only interested in the most important person in this world -- ME! ME! ME!"

Forum List

Back