Keystone Pipeline: Yes Or No

Keystone Pipeline: Yes Or No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone taken a close look at our lakes & rivers lately? Guess what? They're not doing too good. Humans can't even swim in many of them anymore because they'll likely die if they do. I'm just so shocked so few care about that. These were beautiful clean lakes & rivers at one point. The People could just dive in and enjoy. Now they don't even want to look at em,let alone swim in them. How can anyone not see that as a huge problem? It just defies all logic & reason. And lets not even talk about our Oceans. Because we're absolutely killing everything in them. And by killing them we're only killing ourselves.

We have to eat the stuff in these lakes,rivers,and oceans. Yet we continue to poison them at an alarming rate. And for what? Money? Of course this pipeline is going to destroy environment. How can someone not see that? Do they even have the slightest understanding of what will have to be destroyed just to begin construction? It's massive. One thing we know for sure,there will be no chance of negative environmental impact if it's not built. And that's good enough for me. I will definitely sleep much better at night knowing it's not there.

Last edited:
Has anyone taken a close look at our lakes & rivers lately? Guess what? They're not doing too good. Humans can't even swim in many of them anymore because they'll likely die if they do. I'm just so shocked so few care about that. These were beautiful clean lakes & rivers at one point. The People could just dive in and enjoy. Now they don't even want to look at em,let alone swim in them. How can anyone not see that as a huge problem? It just defies all logic & reason. And lets not even talk about our Oceans. Because we're absolutely killing everything in them. And by killing them we're only killing ourselves. We have to eat the stuff in these lakes,rivers,and oceans. Yet we continue to poison them at an alarming rate. And for what? Money? Of course this pipeline is going to destroy environment. How can someone not see that? Do they even have a basic understanding of what will have to be destoyed just to begin construction? It's massive. One thing we know for sure,there will be no chance of negative environmental impact if it's not built. And that's good enough for me. I will definitely sleep much better at night knowing it's not there.

Where do you live that the environment is so crappy?
Do you live in China?
I really wonder how hysterical people like you wake up in the morning especially with your "chicken little" mentality.
Just ONE illustration of how totally OUT of touch you are with reality!

The Northeast has regained 23 million acres of forest since the turn of
the century, according to preliminary figures in a federal study reported
Sunday in The Philadelphia Inquirer. The U.S. Forest Service statistics
show increases in state forest acreage of up to 46 percent since 1907.
The 10 states showing dramatic increases in forest land area are
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey,
New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.

Also you wrote" Of course this pipeline is going to destroy environment"

HOW DO YOU KNOW? Are you telling me that 2,280 gallons of OIL that IF IT does leak and remember these PIPELINES MAKE MONEY when OIL flows so why would they want ONE drop of oil to leak??
But tell me again how 2,280 gallons of POSSIBLE oil leaking "destroy the environment"???

If you have not concept of any environmental impact with this pipeline and looking at the scorecard with oil companies, then you really have no merit to make rebuttal.
Mining, manufacturting bi-products, oil exploration and drilling, natural gas ...etc.
All have an impact on the environment.

Be specific and identify the "enviromental impact" this pipeline would make.

As I stated in another post, there have been years of environmental impact studies done for this project.

There will be no possible negative environmental impact if they don't build it. That we know for sure. We should pass on this one. We're already destroying what little clean healthy environment we have left in this country. I would rather pay a bit more for oil than build this monstronsity. I'll sleep much better at night knowing it's not there.

Really?

You haven't been around much have you.

Where do you currently reside?

Has anyone taken a close look at our lakes & rivers lately? Guess what? They're not doing too good. Humans can't even swim in many of them anymore because they'll likely die if they do. I'm just so shocked so few care about that. These were beautiful clean lakes & rivers at one point. The People could just dive in and enjoy. Now they don't even want to look at em,let alone swim in them. How can anyone not see that as a huge problem? It just defies all logic & reason. And lets not even talk about our Oceans. Because we're absolutely killing everything in them. And by killing them we're only killing ourselves.

We have to eat the stuff in these lakes,rivers,and oceans. Yet we continue to poison them at an alarming rate. And for what? Money? Of course this pipeline is going to destroy environment. How can someone not see that? Do they even have the slightest understanding of what will have to be destroyed just to begin construction? It's massive. One thing we know for sure,there will be no chance of negative environmental impact if it's not built. And that's good enough for me. I will definitely sleep much better at night knowing it's not there.

Near me I have dozens of clean lakes and miles of rivers that I kayak on. I swim in all of them, eat fish I catch in them and I am as healthy as ever.

I went to New Orleans a few weeks ago and ate nothing but seafood for 4 days and I'm still alive. Surprising huh?

Has anyone taken a close look at our lakes & rivers lately? Guess what? They're not doing too good. Humans can't even swim in many of them anymore because they'll likely die if they do. I'm just so shocked so few care about that. These were beautiful clean lakes & rivers at one point. The People could just dive in and enjoy. Now they don't even want to look at em,let alone swim in them. How can anyone not see that as a huge problem? It just defies all logic & reason. And lets not even talk about our Oceans. Because we're absolutely killing everything in them. And by killing them we're only killing ourselves. We have to eat the stuff in these lakes,rivers,and oceans. Yet we continue to poison them at an alarming rate. And for what? Money? Of course this pipeline is going to destroy environment. How can someone not see that? Do they even have a basic understanding of what will have to be destoyed just to begin construction? It's massive. One thing we know for sure,there will be no chance of negative environmental impact if it's not built. And that's good enough for me. I will definitely sleep much better at night knowing it's not there.

Do you live in China?
I really wonder how hysterical people like you wake up in the morning especially with your "chicken little" mentality.

HOW DO YOU KNOW? Are you telling me that 2,280 gallons of OIL that IF IT does leak and remember these PIPELINES MAKE MONEY when OIL flows so why would they want ONE drop of oil to leak??
But tell me again how 2,280 gallons of POSSIBLE oil leaking "destroy the environment"???

We've poisoned and killed off so many of our lakes & rivers. And we're doing the same to our oceans and land. I bet almost everyone on this thread has a lake or river near them that they wouldn't dare allow their children to take a swim in. And it's not out of fear of wildlife. It's out of fear of the poisonous chemicals they know are in them. Lets just try and preserve our land for once. We'll still get the oil. We don't need this.

I have to disagree.

m_1022979a.jpg

Glacier_Peak_Wilderness.jpg

WA-Wild-Sky-Lake-Simms-Gunn.jpg

americas-top-ten-biggest-lakes-800x800.jpg

001240_l.jpg

Lake-Tahoe-North-America-scenery.jpg

Near me I have dozens of clean lakes and miles of rivers that I kayak on. I swim in all of them, eat fish I catch in them and I am as healthy as ever.

I went to New Orleans a few weeks ago and ate nothing but seafood for 4 days and I'm still alive. Surprising huh?

Lucky man for now. But wait till they build a pipeline through it.

Well i can see i wont be winning this battle. Hey at least i tried though. Many just have a one-track mind. It's all about that Money. We really are selling our souls to the Devil destroying our environment this way. It's sad.

Do you live in China?

We've poisoned and killed off so many of our lakes & rivers. And we're doing the same to our oceans and land. I bet almost everyone on this thread has a lake or river near them that they wouldn't dare allow their children to take a swim in. And it's not out of fear of wildlife. It's out of fear of the poisonous chemicals they know are in them. Lets just try and preserve our land for once. We'll still get the oil. We don't need this.

We're at the point now that you're going to have to start proving your claims.

And please stay on topic, we're talking about pollution caused by oil production and not raw sewage, nuclear waste or any other toxic medium you can dream up.

Do you live in China?

2,280 gallons of OIL in 973 TRILLION gallons of water and YOU are concerned and THAT's a possibility not a fact!

Hysterical.

Seriously why are you so anxious to believe such hysteria over 2,280 gallons!

At the worst!

Common sense. What a great example of the lack thereof!

Lucky man for now. But wait till they build a pipeline through it.

Like this?

Alaskan pipeline @ Prudoe Bay

dsc_3947.jpg

Or here where it crosses the Tanana River?

ce_01.jpg

I admit defeat. This pipeline will be built. But it wont be worth it in the end. The damage it will do will never be repaired. We need to get over this oil thing. It really is literally killing us. Thanks all for voting. God bless America.

we already have many major oil pipelines......
url

Using data from Enbridge's own reports, the Polaris Institute calculated that 713 spills occurred on Enbridge pipelines between 1999 and 2009. These spills released approximately 133,856 barrels 133,856 barrels (21,281.4 m3) of hydrocarbons into the environment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enbridge

Last edited:
I have to admit this is a tough question. We do need the oil & jobs but there will be a big environmental impact.

BUT I'm sure you agree with these "environmental impacts..."

Attachments

• $filth.jpg
    $filth.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 31
  • $index.jpg
    $index.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 45
I admit defeat. This pipeline will be built. But it wont be worth it in the end. The damage it will do will never be repaired. We need to get over this oil thing. It really is literally killing us. Thanks all for voting. God bless America.

The thing is, you assume it will cause irreparable damage and quite frankly, history has already proven you wrong. Case in point is the Alaskan pipeline. Completed in 1977 and has had no adverse effect on the environment. And it has had it share of leaks over the years. Nature is actually quite resilient.

You keep making claims that oil production kills lakes and rivers and will literally kill us all with absolutely no evidence to support those claims.

When did you adopt TM's M.O.?

Enbridge is recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the world.

The Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World is an annual project initiated by Corporate Knights, the magazine for clean capitalism. In 2010, Corporate Knights collaborated with three strategic partners to identify the Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World. The Corporate Knights Global 100 team included Inflection Point Capital Management—a sustainability-focused asset management venture founded by Dr. Matthew Kiernan, Legg Mason's Global Currents Investment Management, and Phoenix Global Advisors LLC (a consulting and technology platform focused on sustainability). As with past editions of the Global 100, the aim was to highlight the global corporations which have been most proactive in managing environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. Launched in 2005, the annual Global 100 is announced each year during the World Economic Forum in Davos.

2011 Global 100: The Definitive Corporate Sustainability Benchmark

Are all the property owners in the path of the pipeline eager or willing to sell right of way thru their ancestral homesteads?

This is a commercial venture for profit not a public highway. Should they be able to condemn property?

Has anyone else even thought of the loss of liberty involved here?

That's my only concern, I have zero concern about the overall environmental impact.

But our politicians have long been bought off by Big Oil as well as others industries, a leak that gets in ground water would f up a whooooooole lot of property owners home and land values. Who has confidence that the U.S. gov't would side with ppl against Big Oil in a lawsuit? Not me. All in all I still vote yes. But who knows if this would really have any impact on fuel prices with the profits Big Oil are making at the current prices.

I have to admit this is a tough question. We do need the oil & jobs but there will be a big environmental impact.

Paulitician is no OWS person, not even close.

He just doesn't like oil or the negatives using it brings in the form of environmental impact and giving our wealth to nations that hate us to get their oil.

Paulitician is no OWS person, not even close.

He just doesn't like oil or the negatives using it brings in the form of environmental impact and giving our wealth to nations that hate us to get their oil.

That maybe the case but he and others STILL haven't explained how a 2,280 gallon spill THAT MAY occur will be so destructive especially of the Ogallala which is 50 to 100 feet lower then the pipeline will be placed!
Remember the whole concern by ALL against the Keystone was the damage to environment right??

I just want to know what kind of damage would be done if oil flowing at rate of 700,000 barrels a day down 2,147 miles at a rate of 571 gallons in one hour traveling one mile will have an impact IF after 4 hours from first notified till spill is stopped how 2,280 Gallons will make a difference???

Some one tell me these numbers are wrong!

I'll be the first to admit I am not an environmentalist, but I can't help to think that those who oppose this pipeline all have decent jobs. What about those who do not? I want to know who many "accidents" have happened in the past and how many years pipelines have existed with no spills at all. How is our updated technology when it comes to pipelines now?

I am extremely concerned however why we aren't drilling on our lands and off shore and do our own exporting. I'd rather see the economy grow and people get the needed jobs rather than see deer sprawling around on millions of acres. I think a compromise is in order for the growth of our economy.

Forum List

Back