Keystone Pipeline: Yes Or No

Keystone Pipeline: Yes Or No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This delay is all about politics. TransCanada is ready to re route for the Nebraskans. We have so much oil and natural gas up here I can get a flame going out of the kitchen faucet out at the farm. NO joke! We gotta sell it. Selling to the Chinese is not what we want to do but we are looking to them now that Obama has tossed the wrench into it to keep votes.

This delay is all about politics. TransCanada is ready to re route for the Nebraskans. We have so much oil and natural gas up here I can get a flame going out of the kitchen faucet out at the farm. NO joke! We gotta sell it. Selling to the Chinese is not what we want to do but we are looking to them now that Obama has tossed the wrench into it to keep votes.

And the idiot environmentalists on this forum have YET to explain how 700,000 barrels flowing at 571 gallons per hour one mile would have ANY impact even if a spill before being stopped for 10 hours... still less the 5,710 gallons!

Where are my figures wrong?
Pipeline is 2,147 miles! 700,000 barrels at 42 gallons/barrel flow at 571 gallons for one mile in one hour!
Tell me how that is an ENVIRONMENTAL DANGER?
Plus the Ogallala is 953 Trillion gallons of WATER an average of 208 million gallons per square mile! So 571 gallons of oil diluted in 208 million gallons of WATER!! HOW totally inane!

Are all the property owners in the path of the pipeline eager or willing to sell right of way thru their ancestral homesteads?

This is a commercial venture for profit not a public highway. Should they be able to condemn property?

Has anyone else even thought of the loss of liberty involved here?

What liberties are you losing?

What liberties do the property owners that either sell or lease their land to oil companies lose?

You have no choice if you refuse they will ocndemn your land and come thru anyway.

A pipeline thru their land making some of your land unuseable for several purposes.
And every property owner runs the risk of an oil leak damaging their land.

You lose the liberty of controlling access and damage to the land you own.
You lose the liberty of choosing whether to let the oil company cross your land or not.

What liberties indeed.

so build a pipeline to China for that natural gas?

He just said that canada would rather sell to the USA than to China. Also its cheaper to transport via tanker vessel than attempt a pipeline halfway across the globe ;)

He just said that canada would rather sell to the USA than to China. Also its cheaper to transport via tanker vessel than attempt a pipeline halfway across the globe ;)

Yes, but to be viable a Natural gas liquification facility needs to be built.
And the natural gas needs to be piped to there.

And this pipeline will just move oil to where it can be easially exported.

I say just build refineries in the northern us and distrubute the refined products from there to supply much of the US.

What ever happened to Palins gas line anyway? The one god told her to build.

Last edited:

I thought that she wanted to "drill baby drill"? I didn't know God had told her to do it though :lol:

I thought that she wanted to "drill baby drill"? I didn't know God had told her to do it though :lol:

Umm the natural gas line from Alaska to the lower 48.

So the 2.6 million barrels you sell us a day without these extensions is what?

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

Re: dirty oil

I keep hearing this bullshit from enviro whackos on a continual basis. It's their mantra. One thing really pisses me off about the Darryl Hannahs (did she fly in and leave a carbon footprint btw to protest in Washington?) is they don't bitch about oil from Nigeria or Venezuela that has to be shipped by tankers that leave a freaking huge carbon footprint.

I love this quote by Girling.

This is a debate about whether you want to get your oil from Canada or Venezuela or Nigeria."[48] Girling has also argued that if Canadian oil doesn't reach the Gulf through an environmentally friendly buried pipeline, that the alternative is oil that will be brought in by tanker, a mode of transportation that produces higher greenhouse-gas emissions and that puts the environment at greater risk.[49]

Girling has described the Keystone Pipeline as "routine," noting that TransCanada has been building similar pipelines in North America for half a century and that there are 200,000 miles of similar coil pipe in the United States today. He also stated that the Keystone Pipeline will include 57 improvements above standard requirements demanded by U.S. regulators so far, making it "the safest pipeline ever built."

And here's something to think about. From Mythbusting

Still, with all the criticism and pressure that Alberta and the oilsands have faced worldwide for the greenhouse gases emitted there, it’s vital to maintain perspective.

The oilsands are one of Canada’s most vital industries, spinning off billions of dollars annually into the economy, and employing tens of thousands of workers, from First Nations to Newfoundland, and yet, they are responsible for roughly 5% of all of Canada’s annual greenhouse gas emissions.

Since the entire Canadian economy is responsible for just 0.3% of the whole world’s natural and manmade carbon emissions, GHGs from the oilsands total just over one-hundredth of one percent of all the greenhouse gases going up into the atmosphere, or 0.015%.

Farts emitted from all the cows and pigs on Canada’s farms emit more than that.

A great article. And we are ethical. We have standards and our oilsand production benefits all Canucks. I don't see that happening in Nigeria or Venezuela. Only the fat cats in the government benefit in those countries, not the poor.

Here's the link to Mythbusting. Good and informative read.

Mythbusting: Are the Oilsands Major greenhouse Gas Emitters? | Ethical Oil

I keep hearing this bullshit from enviro whackos on a continual basis. It's their mantra. One thing really pisses me off about the Darryl Hannahs (did she fly in and leave a carbon footprint btw to protest in Washington?) is they don't bitch about oil from Nigeria or Venezuela that has to be shipped by tankers that leave a freaking huge carbon footprint.

This is a debate about whether you want to get your oil from Canada or Venezuela or Nigeria."[48] Girling has also argued that if Canadian oil doesn't reach the Gulf through an environmentally friendly buried pipeline, that the alternative is oil that will be brought in by tanker, a mode of transportation that produces higher greenhouse-gas emissions and that puts the environment at greater risk.[49]

Girling has described the Keystone Pipeline as "routine," noting that TransCanada has been building similar pipelines in North America for half a century and that there are 200,000 miles of similar coil pipe in the United States today. He also stated that the Keystone Pipeline will include 57 improvements above standard requirements demanded by U.S. regulators so far, making it "the safest pipeline ever built."

Still, with all the criticism and pressure that Alberta and the oilsands have faced worldwide for the greenhouse gases emitted there, it’s vital to maintain perspective.

The oilsands are one of Canada’s most vital industries, spinning off billions of dollars annually into the economy, and employing tens of thousands of workers, from First Nations to Newfoundland, and yet, they are responsible for roughly 5% of all of Canada’s annual greenhouse gas emissions.

Since the entire Canadian economy is responsible for just 0.3% of the whole world’s natural and manmade carbon emissions, GHGs from the oilsands total just over one-hundredth of one percent of all the greenhouse gases going up into the atmosphere, or 0.015%.

A great article. And we are ethical. We have standards and our oilsand production benefits all Canucks. I don't see that happening in Nigeria or Venezuela. Only the fat cats in the government benefit in those countries, not the poor.

http://www.ethicaloil.org/news/myth...ns-from-the-oilsands-ruining-the-atmosphere”/

Last edited:

I live in pipeline alley for natural gas for the NE USA.

IN the past 30 years we have had 6 blowouts within 15 miles of my location. The most recent one was a 29" one. Was 5 miles away by aie and sounded like the space shuttle going off. That one did not catch fire. But in the past others have and a few have been killed and homes burned.

so no one is concerned about eminent domain forcing this private pipeline accross private property against the wishes of the property owners?

So it can get moved to the gulf so it can be exported?

Last edited:

IN the past 30 years we have had 6 blowouts within 15 miles of my location. The most recent one was a 29" one. Was 5 miles away by aie and sounded like the space shuttle going off. That one did not catch fire. But in the past others have and a few have been killed and homes burned.

Built and maintained by TransCanada?

Are all the property owners in the path of the pipeline eager or willing to sell right of way thru their ancestral homesteads?

This is a commercial venture for profit not a public highway. Should they be able to condemn property?

Has anyone else even thought of the loss of liberty involved here?

What liberties do the property owners that either sell or lease their land to oil companies lose?

You have no choice if you refuse they will ocndemn your land and come thru anyway.

A pipeline thru their land making some of your land unuseable for several purposes.

You lose the liberty of choosing whether to let the oil company cross your land or not.

What liberties indeed.

Show me evidence of oil companies or the government on behalf of oil companies condemning land for pipeline right-of-ways.

Show me evidence that a pipeline across property makes property unusable, damages or limits access to said property.

The only time oil companies can legally access your property without your permission is if they own the mineral rights. So as a property owner you need to fully understand the terms of your deed or the purchase of your land in regards to whether or not you own the mineral rights.

Built and maintained by TransCanada?

so having a foreign company come in and condemn private property for their pipeline is fine with you?

Nope several companies including Tenneco, a US company.

What liberties indeed.

Show me evidence of oil companies or the government on behalf of oil companies condemning land for pipeline right-of-ways.

Show me evidence that a pipeline across property makes property unusable, damages or limits access to said property.

The only time oil companies can legally access your property without your permission is if they own the mineral rights. So as a property owner you need to fully understand the terms of your deed or the purchase of your land in regards to whether or not you own the mineral rights.

Wait and see....
I will be proven correct and you will just be right.

And mineral rights only refers to the extraction of said minerals not the transportation of other minerals across your land.

Last edited:

The Keystone XL Pipeline isn't natural gas.

What's the name of the gas pipeline your talking about?

I'd like to research it myself and see just how honest/dishonest you are.

The Keystone XL Pipeline isn't natural gas.

What's the name of the gas pipeline your talking about?

I'd like to research it myself and see just how honest/dishonest you are.

Gas/Oil does not matter where iminent domain is used. That is my point.
And it is wrong to use it for a foreign owned private company on US soil.

See,this is why i like you. We don't always agree but you are a voice of reason. I just don't get this rush to destroy what little clean nature environment we have left. I'll pay more for oil. Preserving our land is more important. Money really isn't everything.

Forum List

Back