Federal data: Kansas oil spill biggest in Keystone history

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Federal data shows a spill from the Keystone pipeline this week dumped enough oil to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool into a northeastern Kansas creek

December 9, 2022, 10:59 PM
pipeline that runs from Canada to Oklahoma lost about 14,000 barrels, or 588,000 gallons.
snip
The EPA said no drinking water wells were affected and oil-removal efforts will continue into next week. No one was evacuated, but the Kansas Department of Health and Environment warned people not to go into the creek or allow animals to wade in.
-------------------------------------
we need water in our life, without it all would perish. We need food, all supplied by water.

you will hear this on CNN and Msnbc, Fox won't touch it.

Last edited:
Federal data shows a spill from the Keystone pipeline this week dumped enough oil to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool into a northeastern Kansas creek

pipeline that runs from Canada to Oklahoma lost about 14,000 barrels, or 588,000 gallons.
snip
The EPA said no drinking water wells were affected and oil-removal efforts will continue into next week. No one was evacuated, but the Kansas Department of Health and Environment warned people not to go into the creek or allow animals to wade in.
we need water in our life, without it all would perish. We need food, all supplied by water.

Oil is a natural substance which is biodegradable... the earth will disperse that oil which isnt cleaned up and it will eventually dissolve.... that one creek isn't going to hurt anyones water supply over the long term.
We do need water and the earth has a way of taking care of that too, its called evaporation, making all those nice clouds and rain which is a never ending fresh water supply

snip

It only makes sense that the quality maintenance and management of such a pipeline would have become degraded after Biden pulled the rug out from underneath the companies involved in it. In case you haven't noticed, everything else seems to be going to shit too. Companies are necessarily hiring the best and the brightest these days, and quality control is lacking everywhere you look.

Welcome to Biden's America.

Now don't forget to rate this post with the little giggly emoji.

Oil is a natural substance which is biodegradable... the earth will disperse that oil which isnt cleaned up and it will eventually dissolve.... that one creek isn't going to hurt anyones water supply over the long term.
We do need water and the earth has a way of taking care of that too, its called evaporation, making all those nice clouds and rain which is a never ending fresh water supply
oil and water don't mix and we should send you to the spill to exist upon since it is biodegradable..

How long does it take for oil to biodegrade?

Previous studies had found that small droplets of oil decay within a year of washing ashore, broken down by sand-dwelling microbes. But larger, golf ball-sized clumps of oil — the most common size found along Gulf Coast beaches — take roughly three decades to decompose entirely, the new study found.Sep 11, 2019

Oil From Deepwater Horizon Spill Could Take At Least 30 Years to ...​

oil and water don't mix and we should send you to the spill to exist upon since it is biodegradable..

How long does it take for oil to biodegrade?

Previous studies had found that small droplets of oil decay within a year of washing ashore, broken down by sand-dwelling microbes. But larger, golf ball-sized clumps of oil — the most common size found along Gulf Coast beaches — take roughly three decades to decompose entirely, the new study found.Sep 11, 2019

Oil From Deepwater Horizon Spill Could Take At Least 30 Years to ...

How long does it take for all that concentrated Lithium and other substances leaking out of those discarded EV batteries to biodegrade and go away? a few thousand years?
Naw, I'll take my chances with oil which occurs naturally in nature.... over some man made concoction designed to pollute the earth.

snip

With the suspicious fires that have happened to two refineries, i wonder if there was some shenanigans that has crippled the oil pipeline. The whacko Marxists would do some shit like this to further their goal of ridding the US of fossil fuels.

Don't take trains. They are too dangerous. Airplanes keep crashing into them. I know as I floated down to the ground on a parachute.
It must have been you I met on my way up after trying to figure out a gas stove.

R.8ff650c5d6f3380300d8e98955d70efc

There will be cleaning up from the spilt oil for years to come.

lol the Keystone started springing leaks months after it was completed. And the oil company shills here are screaming for an extension to be run over a large aquifer for no good reason. If anybody really believes that sludge is 'biodegradable' I have a magic duck that shits gold turds I'll sell them cheap. That crap is a lot dirtier than even West Texas crude. That's why Canada doesn't run their own pipeline to tidewater over their own land. IF they end up having to actually pay the damages they owe, they will just abandon it and leave it for taxpayers to pay for their mess, like they always have. This is called 'normal business practice' in the oil biz.

How long does it take for all that concentrated Lithium and other substances leaking out of those discarded EV batteries to biodegrade and go away? a few thousand years?
Naw, I'll take my chances with oil which occurs naturally in nature.... over some man made concoction designed to pollute the earth.
It isn't 'natural' to anywhere but the sludge pits it's taken from. It certainly isn't 'natural' for it to end up on the topsoil and in the water tables of Kansas. it isn't even 'petroleum', it's tar sands, laden with all kinds of nasty chemicals.

No, it isn't. Penalize the company for the spill. Easy call.

When you are talking about a leaking Keystone XL pipeline that would be the Koch Brothers Industries. You know, the one Corporation that is the leading Republican donator in both party and other ways. The problem is, the penalty isn't high enough to force the company to prevent the spills. It's cheaper to allow spills than fix the problems.

How does man make anything of not by using materials that come from the earth? ;)

Greg Powell of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was involved in the Kalamazoo cleanup and he explained this complex reality to the conference attendees. “Once the oil started to sink, it made things a lot more difficult on our recovery,” he said.

The oil industry has been sticking to its claim that diluted bitumen floats, but real-world experience seems to indicate that while dilbit floats for a short time, it soon interacts with the weather, water, and sediments, and ultimately sinks.

We need even more Democrats to get even more alternative energies, and shut down Keystone for good.

Forum List

Back