Kentucky Gubernatorial win is big win for Kim Davis

I was wondering when someone was going to start a thread that made that connection...

Why are you smiling? Why would trashing an oath and our constitution make you smile?

Meanwhile, Kim Davis clerk office has become the hottest destination for gays to get their marriage certificate in the entire country! :rofl:

That doesn't change the USSC decision.
You mean the illegal OPINION...yeah no one gives a shit :) With a republican now in charge that will DO HIS JOB the state can actually make a law dealing with the illegal opinion of the SC and do as several other states have and allow clerk of courts to not violate their religious views by forcing them to give marriage licenses to queers.

You mean the illegal OPINION. yeah no one gives a shit. With a republican now in charge that will DO HIS JOB the state can actually make a law dealing with the illegal opinion of the SC and do as several other states have and allow clerk of courts to not violate their religious views by forcing them to give marriage licenses to queers.
So instead of a clerk going to jail, we'll have a governor? I guess, whatever it takes to get the point across that civil rights of all kinds are important, just as those clerks have the right to leave a job, if it offends their religious principles.

You mean the illegal OPINION...yeah no one gives a shit :) With a republican now in charge that will DO HIS JOB the state can actually make a law dealing with the illegal opinion of the SC and do as several other states have and allow clerk of courts to not violate their religious views by forcing them to give marriage licenses to queers.

Cry more why don't you.

One of their jobs is to interpret the Constitution and determine if states are violating the COTUS.
They found that states are trashing the COTUS if they deny gays the right to marry. The federal government is involved with marriage now. If they wasn't, like they never should have been this wouldn't be an issue. But they are so it is.
Also, The SC has ruled on past cases that explained how some public sector employees(in this case the judicial branch) have limited civilian rights. As the government doesn't have rights. Citizens do.

The fed is marriage now. States no longer have a say. If they can't determine at minimum requirements a mother and father, then they're out of the game completely.

Gay sex practitioners have constitutional rights? Where?

Yes, the CONSTITUTION has guarantees for 1st Amendment civil rights. Didn't you take poly sci? Might want to read up on the 9th Amendment too when you're predicting how potent the 1st Amendment will be when pitted against PA laws and June's Decision. 5 People in the Judicial do not have proper authority to rewrite either the 1st or the 9th Amendments. That is up to Congress and Congress alone...though I think the People can also do a referendum too.

It may though. You can downplay the 1st Amendment civil rights protections but...hey...weren't you all about civil rights last June?...

You mean the illegal OPINION. yeah no one gives a shit. With a republican now in charge that will DO HIS JOB the state can actually make a law dealing with the illegal opinion of the SC and do as several other states have and allow clerk of courts to not violate their religious views by forcing them to give marriage licenses to queers.
So instead of a clerk going to jail, we'll have a governor? I guess, whatever it takes to get the point across that civil rights of all kinds are important, just as those clerks have the right to leave a job, if it offends their religious principles.

YAWN!

Gay sex practitioners have constitutional rights? Where?

Yes, the CONSTITUTION has guarantees for 1st Amendment civil rights. Didn't you take poly sci? Might want to read up on the 9th Amendment too when you're predicting how potent the 1st Amendment will be when pitted against PA laws and June's Decision. 5 People in the Judicial do not have proper authority to rewrite either the 1st or the 9th Amendments. That is up to Congress and Congress alone...though I think the People can also do a referendum too.

It may though. You can downplay the 1st Amendment civil rights protections but...hey...weren't you all about civil rights last June?...
The GOVERNMENT has 1st amendment rights?

This is a huge win for Kim Davis! HUGE! Oh wait...Kentucky is still going to issue marriage licences to gay couples?! I guess you can add 'win' to the long list of things that ain't what they used to be.

Last edited:
We should ALL "thank" the likes of a Kim Davis.....She has helped EXPOSE the true mindset of religious zealots who have NO business running and being elected to a government position that places religion above the Constitution.......otherwise, my dear right wingers, you're no better than the crazed Mullahs.

Forum List

Back