Kellie Pickler and American Idol

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
How does Kellie Pickler manage to stay on "American Idol"? She was absolutely horrid last night. You almost felt embarrassed for her. She should have been voted off at least three weeks ago. That surprising bottom three last week can all sing rings around Kellie.

An acquaintance of mine said there is a bunch of college kids who have started a website for the purpose of making the worst singer of the lot this year's "American Idol." They had picked out Kevin as this year's winner. When he got voted off, they selected Kellie in his place. Does anyone on the board know the name of this website? I'd like to check it out.

Adam's Apple said:
How does Kellie Pickler manage to stay on "American Idol"? She was absolutely horrid last night. You almost felt embarrassed for her. She should have been voted off at least three weeks ago. That surprising bottom three last week can all sing rings around Kellie.

An acquaintance of mine said there is a bunch of college kids who have started a website for the purpose of making the worst singer of the lot this year's "American Idol." They had picked out Kevin as this year's winner. When he got voted off, they selected Kellie in his place. Does anyone on the board know the name of this website? I'd like to check it out.
I agree. I think she'll get the ax tonight. It will be hard to see the rest go, they are all so good. Much more talent than any other year IMO.

I think it would be either Minnie Mouse, Ms. Pickles, or Grey-Hair tonight....

That's my prediction for the bottom three.

Did I mention Kellie is adorable? Imagine guys, waking up to her on a sunday morning and just laying there, under the sheets, foolin' around.

:D

I <3 her.

dmp said:
Did I mention Kellie is adorable? Imagine guys, waking up to her on a sunday morning and just laying there, under the sheets, foolin' around.

I <3 her.
Dude. It's an act.

dmp said:
She can't act 'adorable'. :) Legs? kaboose? Nubs? Grin? :)

She DID look rather..robotic last night though...didn't care for her hair like that.

:(
Are you nuts? Of course you can act adorable.

You do an amazing job of embodying what's wrong with the music industry :thup:

The ClayTaurus said:
Are you nuts? Of course you can act adorable.

You do an amazing job of embodying what's wrong with the music industry :thup:

You're not reading very well.

She's adorable because of her kaboose, her legs, her bewbs, her little grin. I don't know her as a person.

(shrug).

You do an amazing job of enjoying REALLY crappy music.

Milli 4 Evah

dmp said:
You're not reading very well.

She's adorable because of her kaboose, her legs, her bewbs, her little grin. I don't know her as a person.

(shrug).

You do an amazing job of enjoying REALLY crappy music.

Milli 4 Evah
What's the difference between adorable and slutty?

The ClayTaurus said:
No serious. What's the difference? How come she's adorable and not slutty?

You still aren't making sense. Nobody WITH sense needs that answer. You don't have a point - she does NOT dress slutty. She dresses appropriately. She's a cute girl, with a charming personality. Cynics can claim it's an act - some of it may be; but there's no way somebody would pretend to be that way at the start of their career because it's impossible to continue.

Listen to her talk. Look at her. Watch her sing, last night notwithstanding. She's adorable.

dmp said:
You still aren't making sense. Nobody WITH sense needs that answer.
Deflection. If I wasn't making any sense it'd be easy to deconstruct my logic.
dmp said:
You don't have a point - she does NOT dress slutty. She dresses appropriately.
On the show, sure. That's part of the act. What about this?
picklertruthprom.jpg
dmp said:
She's a cute girl, with a charming personality.
She's cute. The "charming personality" is part of the act. But I thought you said you didn't know her as a person. You mean the way her personality appears on the tv show? Then yes, that's absolutely puke-a-rifficaly adorable. It's also not genuine.
dmp said:
Cynics can claim it's an act - some of it may be; but there's no way somebody would pretend to be that way at the start of their career because it's impossible to continue.
Her name is Jessica Simpson. Her name is Brittany Spears. Her name is Christina Aguilera. Do I need to go on? And besides, it wouldn't need to continue. As soon as she got in the public eye she could do whatever she wanted and just blame it on the *insert little girl country bumpkin accent* "I's a just a cuntry gurl, i dung garnet aint used tah all dem city lights!"
dmp said:
Listen to her talk.
I have. It's an act.
dmp said:
Look at her.
I have. She's hot. But don't think her on that show is a fair representation of who she actually is. It's an act.
dmp said:
Watch her sing, last night notwithstanding.
I have. Mediocre. At best. And extremely one-dimensional. Maybe she'd fair better on that American Country Idol show.
dmp said:
She's adorable.
Of course she is. All packaged up and ready to take home to mom and dad. That's the point.

It's all an act, sir.

All an act.

The ClayTaurus said:
Deflection. If I wasn't making any sense it'd be easy to deconstruct my logic.On the show, sure. That's part of the act. What about this?
picklertruthprom.jpg
She's cute. The "charming personality" is part of the act. But I thought you said you didn't know her as a person. You mean the way her personality appears on the tv show? Then yes, that's absolutely puke-a-rifficaly adorable. It's also not genuine.Her name is Jessica Simpson. Her name is Brittany Spears. Her name is Christina Aguilera. Do I need to go on? And besides, it wouldn't need to continue. As soon as she got in the public eye she could do whatever she wanted and just blame it on the *insert little girl country bumpkin accent* "I's a just a cuntry gurl, i dung garnet aint used tah all dem city lights!"I have. It's an act.I have. She's hot. But don't think her on that show is a fair representation of who she actually is. It's an act.I have. Mediocre. At best. And extremely one-dimensional. Maybe she'd fair better on that American Country Idol show.Of course she is. All packaged up and ready to take home to mom and dad. That's the point.

It's all an act, sir.

All an act.

:tinfoil:

That dress isn't slutty. It's cute. :) If I had a body like hers, I'd show my belly often. As-is, my exposed belly would be a public health hazard.

dmp said:
:tinfoil:

That dress isn't slutty. It's cute. :) If I had a body like hers, I'd show my belly often. As-is, my exposed belly would be a public health hazard.
Right. So when your 17 year old daughter pops down stairs to head off to prom in that, I'm sure you'll be thinking "she looks so cute!"

It's ok D, she's just following the "innocent but not really" footsteps of those who came before her. She'll probably do well, too. Aguilera's the only one with any real vocal talent, but Brittany and Jessica managed to do quite well despite.

You don't think that dress is slutty? Seriously? I mean, hey, she looks great in it, and if she wants to wear it fine. But adorable and not slutty? You're on crack.

The ClayTaurus said:
Oh man, you beat me to it! Well done sir.

If you guys think American Idol actually lets America decide, you're nuts.

I thought they let America decide, until Fantasia won. That girl was pushed as the winner from the beginning, especially by Simon. And if her reportedly poor album sales (compared with other winners and even non-winners like Clay) are true, America gets the last laugh by voting against her with their closed pocketbooks.

As for Miss Pickler, act or not, she seems more like a country version of Lucille Ball than a talented singer. Why is anyone surprised that a person on Idol would put on an act? All of these folks are there to become famous, not to win a Nobel prize or cure cancer. They are performers, and a more attention-grabbing group of people you will likely never find.

Since the dawn of MTW, looks have been given more weight than actual talent, so Miss Pickler remaining on the show is no surprise.

The only person last night who sounded any good to me was that little elfen guy.

Forum List

Back