Kellie Pickler and American Idol

The ClayTaurus said:
... It'd be more absurd that people were buying into the wholesome image.
The bad news is that's what the music industry has become, image. IMO
I know a guy that had made a killer recording, that was rejected by the NY recording business people. Then the same guy was signed for a lame-ass HIT. Bottom line; It's all about $$$, image and marketing now days make $$$$, not talent.

Mr. P said:
The bad news is that's what the music industry has become, image. IMO
I know a guy that had made a killer recording, that was rejected by the NY recording business people. Then the same guy was signed for a lame-ass HIT. Bottom line; It's all about $$$, image and marketing now days make $$$$, not talent.
Who?

WHERE IS DAN? I NEED BACK-UP!

Kelly Pickler is a dunce. The only reason she's still on the show is because guys aren't going to tune in to watch a bunch of dudes sing gay pop songs.

Oh, and she's a pretty crappy singer, too. Not that that really matters to anyone.

Ozzy could sing okay back in the day. By 'the guy in AC/DC' I'm assuming you mean Brian Johnson, not Bon Scott? Which I can't really argue with either way. but, they're not trying to win any singing contests, either.

But, the thing is, they had passion, their talent went beyond singing ability. In the same way you see Jessica Simpson's tits and legs as her "talents", Brian Johnson or Jim Morrison's ability to connect with the audience through a different vocal style are their talents.

Dan said:
But, the thing is, they had passion, their talent went beyond singing ability. In the same way you see Jessica Simpson's tits and legs as her "talents", Brian Johnson or Jim Morrison's ability to connect with the audience through a different vocal style are their talents.

I agree - passion plays a HUGE role...ala Taylor Hicks ;)

I agree - passion plays a HUGE role...ala Taylor Hicks

Sadly, I like Taylor. I think he's kind of putting on an act himself, but I think he's kind of a cool dude.

In all honesty, I see Katherine (that's the dark-haired girl's name, right?) winning this thing. Chris has just barely started to show a little range, Taylor's too much of a spaz, Paris is pretty solid, but a little too plain, there's no real hook, if you see what I mean. Same with Eliot.

Said1 said:
I don't imagine it has a lot of appeal for those over 12....I would hope.

Millions of people watch it in the States every week - not only watch but VOTE. Both shows are always ranked in the top five TV programs each week. Pretty good entertainment once they get it down to the top 12. I thought the Rod Stewart program last week was a very entertaining show.

Adam's Apple said:
Millions of people watch it in the States every week - not only watch but VOTE. Both shows are always ranked in the top five TV programs each week. Pretty good entertainment once they get it down to the top 12. I thought the Rod Stewart program last week was a very entertaining show.

Lots of people watch lots of things, all over the world - that doesn't equate quality, IMHO.

Dan said:
Sadly, I like Taylor. I think he's kind of putting on an act himself, but I think he's kind of a cool dude.

In all honesty, I see Katherine (that's the dark-haired girl's name, right?) winning this thing. Chris has just barely started to show a little range, Taylor's too much of a spaz, Paris is pretty solid, but a little too plain, there's no real hook, if you see what I mean. Same with Eliot.
I kind of feel like Taylor was sort of a different cat, and that's why i liked him, but now he's doing what he thinks everyone wants him to do, and I find him cheesy now.

In all honesty, I see Taylor 10 years from now singing in small clubs, getting razzed by his band for being on Idol.

dmp said:
I like Clay. I really DO. However, Clay seems to have a bit of a musical snobbery which taints his replies. :)

I'm totally with Clay on this one. Pop music, ala Britney, Christina, Jessica, etc. sucks ass, to put it very lightly. I'd hardly call it music myself. Now, I don't watch American Idol, so I don't know how good or bad Kelly is. She is pretty damn hot, so I don't fault anyone with thinking that. While I haven't listened to her, if her musical act is like that of the aforementioned singers, then it's not going to be worth listening to.

Forum List

Back