Kellie Pickler and American Idol

dmp said:
As is Ozzy...The guy from AC/DC....Jim Morrison...etc..

All of whom were rock singers, not pop singers. Since the voice is the only thing that's not computerized anymore in pop music, you need someone with a nice voice. In rock music, a nice voice isn't necessary.

gop_jeff said:
I'm totally with Clay on this one. Pop music, ala Britney, Christina, Jessica, etc. sucks ass, to put it very lightly. I'd hardly call it music myself. Now, I don't watch American Idol, so I don't know how good or bad Kelly is. She is pretty damn hot, so I don't fault anyone with thinking that. While I haven't listened to her, if her musical act is like that of the aforementioned singers, then it's not going to be worth listening to.

Kellie sings 'country' - not Pop. Her voice is decent for a country singing female -unremarkable, but decent.

dmp said:
Kelly sings 'country' - not Pop. Her voice is decent for a country singing female -unremarkable, but decent.
It's pop country. She's going to be country's brittany or jessica. Christina can actually sing, at least.

gop_jeff said:
All of whom were rock singers, not pop singers. Since the voice is the only thing that's not computerized anymore in pop music, you need someone with a nice voice. In rock music, a nice voice isn't necessary.
You don't even need a nice voice. Look at the pussycat dolls.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's pop country. She's going to be country's brittany or jessica. Christina can actually sing, at least.

pop country? lol :) She sings the songs she does because she's told to. She'll be no more pop mixed with country than is the current Idol winner.

Did I mention? Kellie is HOT!??!?? :D

dmp said:
pop country? lol :) She sings the songs she does because she's told to. She'll be no more pop mixed with country than is the current Idol winner.

Did I mention? Kellie is HOT!??!?? :D
It won't matter. She's not winning. She'll go back and do more 4H fairs and have her ego stroked until her next attempt at stardom. Mediocrity will only get her so far, and she's not hot enough to pass for her average singing ability. She'll need to learn to dance or do something. I smell Playboy eventually, which should make you happy :wank:

The ClayTaurus said:
It won't matter. She's not winning. She'll go back and do more 4H fairs and have her ego stroked until her next attempt at stardom. Mediocrity will only get her so far, and she's not hot enough to pass for her average singing ability. She'll need to learn to dance or do something. I smell Playboy eventually, which should make you happy :wank:

right. Except I don't read playboy. :) But I think you're fairly right. She'll be a B or C-level celebrity for awhile...then back to whatever she was doing before...won't change the fact she can sing pretty well, AND is adorable. :D

dmp said:
right. Except I don't read playboy. :) But I think you're fairly right. She'll be a B or C-level celebrity for awhile...then back to whatever she was doing before...won't change the fact she can sing pretty well, AND is adorable. :D
Nobody reads playboy.

And yes, her act on Idol is adorable.

I say that there's no way Kelly wins, regardless of talent, because they're not going to allow to hot blond country girls to win in consecutive years.

I should mention that my roommate watches American Idol, that's why I know all these people. I'm not a fan, personally.

right. Except I don't read playboy.

Give it a year, Jessica Simpson will be about as famous as her sister is now. She'll be the cover girl and Darin will be the first in line.

Dan said:
I should mention that my roommate watches American Idol, that's why I know all these people. I'm not a fan, personally.

Give it a year, Jessica Simpson will be about as famous as her sister is now. She'll be the cover girl and Darin will be the first in line.
And it'll be her creepy dad's idea.

Said1 said:
Lots of people watch lots of things, all over the world - that doesn't equate quality, IMHO.

IMHO, you'll find very little quality coming out of Hollywood in this day and age. If you find something capable of entertaining, you're lucky. Evidently, "American Idol" fills that bill for Americans. It stays up there in the rating wars every week.

dmp said:
Kellie sings 'country' - not Pop. Her voice is decent for a country singing female -unremarkable, but decent.

You were right to put 'country' in quotes. You'll be hard pressed to find real country music on any of the popular radio stations or on TV. It's rebranded pop.

misterblu said:
You were right to put 'country' in quotes. You'll be hard pressed to find real country music on any of the popular radio stations or on TV. It's rebranded pop.
All spiffed up and shiny, like wax fruit.

Adam's Apple said:
IMHO, you'll find very little quality coming out of Hollywood in this day and age. If you find something capable of entertaining, you're lucky. Evidently, "American Idol" fills that bill for Americans. It stays up there in the rating wars every week.

Ooookedokie. :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back