Anyone ever road trip?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lefty Wilbury, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Lefty Wilbury

Lefty Wilbury Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I don't mean a short distance I'm talking about heading all over the country for a few weeks if not months a Jack Kerouac sort of trip. I might do one of these soon all along the east coast down through FLA to the Keys then come back up along the west coast of FLA then head along the gulf through Texas and the south west to CAL. Just take a ton of time along the way and take it all in andsee the sites. I haven't planned the return trip yet. Anyone ever do something like that? Was it fun? any thoughts?

2. Emmett

Emmett Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Hell Lefty I do it every day. I live in a truck!

As soon as I get home though my sweetie and I are gonna take off on my bike and do a 3,000 miler out from Georgia and see where all we can go in 10 days.

We have a history of this irresponsible behavior. In 2002 we were in the office at the family company and came up with idea one morning to go on a long trip to nowhere. By 3:30 that afternoon we were crossing the Alabama state line in route to Branson, Mo. We rode for eight days on that one!

Sounds like a great idea, GO FOR IT!!!!!

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Lefty, I've taken a couple of road trips. Once I drove from Alabama to Seattle one-way. Last summer we went from WA to Dallas and back. Both times were a blast.

4. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Used to take off for 15 - 30 days at at time when I lived in Italy. Backpack with a couple of changes of clothes, train pass for the time my friend and I would be gone, and enough money for food and necessities.

We'd sleep on the trains, park benches and people's houses/barns, etc. Back in the early 90's everybody did this. We would always catch up with people from other countries and hang out with them, share stories.

I think everybody should just take off at least once in their life. See the sights, meet different people, and just relax.