CDZ Keeping the kids safe.

Absolute parents rights condones genital mutilation. That cant be right. Neither can it allow the right to leave loaded guns around for kids to play with.
`
I own four guns. I also hunt in season. I made damn sure they were always locked up. Furthermore, all my daughters are trained in how to safely operate a weapon.
It seems like the answers are obvious but there is not the political will to do anything about it. Maybe a lot more kids need to die before people care ?

Now you want to outlaw stupidity?

How about outlawing the stupidity of not making kids wear seatbelts while riding in a car?

the stupidity of driving drunk, while kids are in the car?

the stupidity of allowing kids to go swimming without adult supervision?

or a thousand other ways adults show their stupidity in regards to kids?
I am asking questions in the CDZ in the hope it can be discussed in an adult way.

that's what the CDZ is for.

Cars, drunk drivers, swimming pools, are more dangerous than guns to children.

That's why I brought them up
Perhaps they deserve their own threads ?
This one is about the danger of guns in the home.
The dangers of guns in the home are negligible compared to those other issues.

Absolute parents rights condones genital mutilation. That cant be right. Neither can it allow the right to leave loaded guns around for kids to play with.
`
I own four guns. I also hunt in season. I made damn sure they were always locked up. Furthermore, all my daughters are trained in how to safely operate a weapon.
It seems like the answers are obvious but there is not the political will to do anything about it. Maybe a lot more kids need to die before people care ?
A lot more?So few die now it is amazing. You are complaining about something that seldom happens and making out like it is a huge problem it is not. And you know it you ghoul.

Government has no business in overriding parent's descions for their child's healthcare. None

Not always. On March 23, 2008, in Wisconsin, 11 year old Kara Neumann died a painful and horrible death due to diabetes, because her faith healing parents would not allow her to get treated for it. Not even pain medication. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Neumann_case They were later found guilty of second-degree reckless homicide. Wisconsin Couple Sentenced in Death of Their Sick Child
`
pSzbNJ7.jpg

`
As a mother of three, I champion parental rights BUT not the murder of a child.

Sad situation but I'm referring to government intervention such as Charlie Gard and Alfie Evans.

No child should die such a death that girl did

Talladega 5-year-old dies after accidental shooting

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home....How are kids protected against the stupidity of their parents ?

That's one part of the problem of gun-related deaths. It's not possible to protect kids when their parents callousness, insouciance, disinterest, etc. are the aids, abbetments and sources of danger to which children are exposed. Although no parent is required or expected to get everything right all the time, all parents are expected to make no decision so ill conceived, so inaptly executed, so negligent....so wrong that their kids cannot recover and nonetheless thrive in the wake of them.

You mean like buying a house with a swimming pool?? Man -- that's a FATAL decision. You try REAL HARD to bring them up with respect for those things. You constantly warn them and test them and STILL some kids die.. MANY more than by self-annihlation with a gun..

Why is that? Because SOME parents make choices to HAVE those risks around and do NOT do the hard work of monitoring and mentoring. Not only YOUR kids -- but their friends and visitors.

If you live in country where all your personal judgements and responsibilities are REMOVED -- the judgement muscles just atrophy away.. That's what Tommy prefers. That's why they act like animals at football matches in their quaint little kingdoms.

You mentioned all the child safety features but neglected to note that even up to 5 years ago, Public pools were outfitted with drain covers that were not "finger safe".. Dont know what the hang-up was --- but it was one of the biggest causes of drowning at public pools. Get a job to child proof the world and get in line...

My house was full of guns and display cases. Myself and 3 brothers competed in Olympic style marksmanship and my Dad coached a Civitan Jr. Rifle club for teens. Nice clean HEALTHY alternative to getting your body CRUSHED and DAMAGED from Ameri. style football. BECAUSE we could be trusted, my parents let me fly airplanes at age 16. I was licensed and soloed at 19.. My best friend had a full ticket at 17.. There's a PATTERN to training and trusting children. And the RESULTS are fantastic..

Last edited:
Go look up the bleeding heart outrage at the NRA "Eddie Eagle" program that they rolled out for school children. The left threw an ABSOLUTE projectile vomiting hissy fit over it. All because it was DESIGNED and marketed by the NRA. Only point of the program was to teach kids to back away from any gun that wasn't a toy and find an adult.

With that kind of prejudice and hysteria -- it's not possible to protect children from irresponsible parenting. And it's a prime example of how the Left screws kids by caring more about attempting to design a zero risk society by REMOVING rights and choices --- than they do about RAISING the level of awareness about risks and responsibility....

There is a law for that. It is called Child endangerment. Anyone in America should be able to have a gun but if you leave a loaded, unlocked gun in your house and a kid is injured or killed, the gun owner should be charged with Child endangerment or involuntary manslaughter IMO.

I got my first rifle the Christmas I turned 10 years old, as did most other kids back then. We used to get together a buck and half or so, go buy a box of 100 rounds of .22 shells at the convenience store, and bicycle out to the lake or out in the country to shoot at cans or whatever. Nobody ever died, not one, not even wounded, except for the bicycle wrecks, which caused a lot of injuries.

Shouldn't we ban bicycles?

Go look up the bleeding heart outrage at the NRA "Eddie Eagle" program that they rolled out for school children. The left threw an ABSOLUTE projectile vomiting hissy fit over it. All because it was DESIGNED and marketed by the NRA. Only point of the program was to teach kids to back away from any gun that wasn't a toy and find an adult.

With that kind of prejudice and hysteria -- it's not possible to protect children from irresponsible parenting. And it's a prime example of how the Left screws kids by caring more about attempting to design a zero risk society by REMOVING rights and choices --- than they do about RAISING the level of awareness about risks and responsibility....

The Left doesn't give two XXXXX about protecting people, they just like pushing people around and sticking their XXXXX in people's faces; it's about harassing a voter and racial demographic for them, not any genuine concern about child safety. We know this because they are just fine with a demographic noted for its propensities for raping children is actually glorified and protected by them and encouraged in their efforts to get to kids, via 'anti discrimination' scams and the like, for one. These leftist sickos have no problems with extreme sexual mutilation and drugging children into believing they're a different sex altogether, and I can't find where Tommy has ever had a problem with parents doing that either.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a law for that. It is called Child endangerment. Anyone in America should be able to have a gun but if you leave a loaded, unlocked gun in your house and a kid is injured or killed, the gun owner should be charged with Child endangerment or involuntary manslaughter IMO.

Modern Hollywood has changed the way firearms are viewed in the U.S.; glamorizing gang bangers and assorted scum and making using them far more attractive to the sociopaths produced by other left-wingers in our schools and culture around the country; a bad combination of amoral mindlessness and weapons. Kids aren't taught anything any more, and younger parents don't know anything either.

Last edited:
We have seven children in our home and also guns. Never had an accident or anything close to one because we are responsible, keep the guns away from them and have taught them gun safety. They all know repercussions will be swift and severe if they mess with any of the guns.

Every time some idiot lets a child do this out of neglect the left whines, wails and moans.

but at least this time the OP didn't try to blame the NRA for it

So you are obviously a responsible adult who ensures the safety of your kids.

But not all kids are that lucky. What could be done to better protect them ?

Should the steps that you take be mandatory ?

Stupidity, and irresponsibility is impossible to legislate away. That's the point. No matter how hard you try, stupid people are always going to figure out a way to harm themselves. it is only the progressives who seem to believe that denying tens of millions of people their guns, for the misdeeds of less than 800, is somehow beneficial. It isn't. They'll figure out a different way to kill themselves.

If you actually cared about people you would work on those things that actually WILL do something positive. But you refuse to do that because it doesn't do the one thing that you want it to do, which is take property away from people.

We have seven children in our home and also guns. Never had an accident or anything close to one because we are responsible, keep the guns away from them and have taught them gun safety. They all know repercussions will be swift and severe if they mess with any of the guns.

Every time some idiot lets a child do this out of neglect the left whines, wails and moans.

but at least this time the OP didn't try to blame the NRA for it

So you are obviously a responsible adult who ensures the safety of your kids.

But not all kids are that lucky. What could be done to better protect them ?

Should the steps that you take be mandatory ?

Stupidity, and irresponsibility is impossible to legislate away. That's the point. No matter how hard you try, stupid people are always going to figure out a way to harm themselves. it is only the progressives who seem to believe that denying tens of millions of people their guns, for the misdeeds of less than 800, is somehow beneficial. It isn't. They'll figure out a different way to kill themselves.

If you actually cared about people you would work on those things that actually WILL do something positive. But you refuse to do that because it doesn't do the one thing that you want it to do, which is take property away from people.
Well it looks like Sassy sets the standard in sensible on this. Why cant all gun owners be required to follow these simple steps ?

I got my first rifle the Christmas I turned 10 years old, as did most other kids back then. We used to get together a buck and half or so, go buy a box of 100 rounds of .22 shells at the convenience store, and bicycle out to the lake or out in the country to shoot at cans or whatever. Nobody ever died, not one, not even wounded, except for the bicycle wrecks, which caused a lot of injuries.

And, I will add that our parents left their firearms wherever they felt like leaving them, and we knew not to touch them without permission, or anybody else's stuff, period, without asking, so the problem is obviously not anything but poor parenting and/or other issues, not the guns.

`
A lot more?So few die now it is amazing. You are complaining about something that seldom happens and making out like it is a huge problem it is not. And you know it you ghoul.

He's just a troll; this is just a troll thread.

`
So few die now it is amazing 400 MILLION firearms in private hands and less then 500 people a year die from accidental use of a firearm and less then 100 of them are kids MORE kids die in pools then from firearms accidents lets ban pools.

And, I will add that our parents left their firearms wherever they felt like leaving them, and we knew not to touch them without permission, or anybody else's stuff, period, without asking, so the problem is obviously not anything but poor parenting and/or other issues, not the guns.
Obviously it is bad parenting. That doesnt help the dead kids though.What can be done to protect them better ?

Obviously it is bad parenting. That doesnt help the dead kids though.What can be done to protect them better ?

"What can be done to protect them better ?"

You are now just Trolling your own thread which is what you always do.

We have already all commented on this, it is ridiculous to suggest that any Government can legislate against stupidity, it is not the responsibility of a Government to make legislation to tell people to have personal responsibility and use basic common sense.

We have already all commented on this, it is ridiculous to suggest that any Government can legislate against stupidity, it is not the responsibility of a Government to make legislation to tell people to have personal responsibility and use basic common sense.

He should just come out and say what we all know he's thinking....BAN GUNS!!!!

He should just come out and say what we all know he's thinking....BAN GUNS!!!!

Well yes but that is not any of his business your American Constitution and your Second Amendment has nothing to do with him and is not any of his business as it does not affect him directly and you have a RIGHT to keep and bear arms and your very wise Founding Fathers made certain to include that your RIGHT to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED and to do so would be a direct violation of your American Constitution.

2nd-Amendment.jpg

Forum List

Back