CDZ Keeping the kids safe.

I got my first rifle the Christmas I turned 10 years old, as did most other kids back then. We used to get together a buck and half or so, go buy a box of 100 rounds of .22 shells at the convenience store, and bicycle out to the lake or out in the country to shoot at cans or whatever. Nobody ever died, not one, not even wounded, except for the bicycle wrecks, which caused a lot of injuries.

Shouldn't we ban bicycles?

And, I will add that our parents left their firearms wherever they felt like leaving them, and we knew not to touch them without permission, or anybody else's stuff, period, without asking, so the problem is obviously not anything but poor parenting and/or other issues, not the guns.
Obviously it is bad parenting. That doesnt help the dead kids though.What can be done to protect them better ?

"What can be done to protect them better ?"

You are now just Trolling your own thread which is what you always do.

We have already all commented on this, it is ridiculous to suggest that any Government can legislate against stupidity, it is not the responsibility of a Government to make legislation to tell people to have personal responsibility and use basic common sense.

He should just come out and say what we all know he's thinking....BAN GUNS!!!!

This is the reason Leftists want to ban guns, this is the reason why they want peoples unarmed the below is the Leftist version of your Second Amendment:

b6d2uby7R-yAuSeVP3BZbg.png

I got my first rifle the Christmas I turned 10 years old, as did most other kids back then. We used to get together a buck and half or so, go buy a box of 100 rounds of .22 shells at the convenience store, and bicycle out to the lake or out in the country to shoot at cans or whatever. Nobody ever died, not one, not even wounded, except for the bicycle wrecks, which caused a lot of injuries.

And, I will add that our parents left their firearms wherever they felt like leaving them, and we knew not to touch them without permission, or anybody else's stuff, period, without asking, so the problem is obviously not anything but poor parenting and/or other issues, not the guns.
Obviously it is bad parenting. That doesnt help the dead kids though.What can be done to protect them better ?

We have already all commented on this, it is ridiculous to suggest that any Government can legislate against stupidity, it is not the responsibility of a Government to make legislation to tell people to have personal responsibility and use basic common sense.

Well you would be a lot safer.
But that isnt going to happen in my opinion.
But between the extremes of that and doing nothing there must be sensible steps that can be taken. you have suggested several yourself.

Talladega 5-year-old dies after accidental shooting

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home.

Police responded to a scene at 7:30 a.m. to find the boy suffering from a single gunshot wound, according to the officials. They sent the child to Citizen's Brookwood/Baptist Medical Center where he was pronounced dead around 8:30 a.m.

On Friday, Busby identified the victim as Michael Swain, Jr. Swain was found to have accidentally shot himself with a handgun he found in the home.

So this isnt gang related or drug related. No criminal activity at all apart from the gross negligence of the parents.

And yet this happens every day.

Are there any laws to protect Michael and the hundreds of other victims ? Are you required by law to keep your guns in a safe place ?

How are kids protected against the stupidity of their parents ?

An extremely high percentage of parents in this country are extremely ignorant. This is a product of our culture or lack of it. I'm sure the parents of this dead child are screaming that is it not their fault. I'm sure today's society will for give them put them in therapy and give them a few more changes to kill their offspring.

It is the American way,

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home.

Police responded to a scene at 7:30 a.m. to find the boy suffering from a single gunshot wound, according to the officials. They sent the child to Citizen's Brookwood/Baptist Medical Center where he was pronounced dead around 8:30 a.m.

On Friday, Busby identified the victim as Michael Swain, Jr. Swain was found to have accidentally shot himself with a handgun he found in the home.

So this isnt gang related or drug related. No criminal activity at all apart from the gross negligence of the parents.

Are there any laws to protect Michael and the hundreds of other victims ? Are you required by law to keep your guns in a safe place ?

An extremely high percentage of parents in this country are extremely ignorant. This is a product of our culture or lack of it. I'm sure the parents of this dead child are screaming that is it not their fault. I'm sure today's society will for give them put them in therapy and give them a few more changes to kill their offspring.

It is the American way,
Its not an american thing. There are bad parents the world over.Its just that the availability of guns makes for tragic outcomes in the US.

It is the American way,

"I'm sure today's society will for give them put them in therapy and give them a few more changes to kill their offspring."

Well nobody supports more fanatically killing children than Leftists, it is called Abortion on Demand using Abortion as a Means of Contraception, which is why when some Leftist like the OP posts a thread with crocodile tears for children killed by ACCIDENT nobody listens because if you support the DELIBERATE KILLING of the most innocent as they slumber in the womb you do NOT give a crap about children dying by ACCIDENT or you would not support Abortion on Demand but this OP thread is NOT about preventing children being killed by ACCIDENT as Sassy commented it is about banning GUNS.

Since 1973 in America because of Leftists you have DELIBERATELY KILLED 50 MILLION of the most innocent as they slumbered in the womb that is 50 MILLION CHILDREN who NEVER were given the HUMAN RIGHT to having a LIFE.

It is the American way,
Its not an american thing. There are bad parents the world over.Its just that the availability of guns makes for tragic outcomes in the US.

"Its just that the availability of guns makes for tragic outcomes in the US"

This horsecrap has already been debunked countless times at this forum in multiple threads yet you still push this crap.

It is the American way,

The percentage of parents in the US deemed irresponsible by societies standards has grown dramatically over time, and societies standards for being considers good parents have diminished over time.

So you tell me, it is the fault of the gun,

It is the American way,

The percentage of parents in the US deemed irresponsible by societies standards has grown dramatically over time, and societies standards for being considers good parents have diminished over time.

No it's not the fault of the gun a gun is an inanimate object.

It is the American way,

It is collective guilt. As you can see on this thread that people do not care as long as it is not their own kids getting shot.
Guns could be made safer and small changes could be made to the way guns are sold and stored. But people dont seem to want to protect kids.

The politicians dont give a toss because they are all on the NRA payroll.

1300 kids die from guns every year - "nothing can be done"
15 people killed by isis in the US last year - Its a different story.

It defies rational analysis.

Black men kill more children with their bare hands each month than every accidental gun death in the country in a year.

So do we outlaw black men? Or hands?

Last edited:
More infants drown than are killed by accidental gunshot.

Shall we outlaw water?

More infants drown than are killed by accidental gunshot.

Shall we outlaw water?

^^^^ Yes outlaw water....better outlaw ducks also because I'm hearing that some American children have been randomly attacked by feral ducks. What else oh yes what about ALL the below COMMON household products ALL can kill a child as parents might forget to secure locks you should just ban ALL the below products in the way the OP wants to ban GUNS, the solution to keeping children safe is to just BAN EVERYTHING.

keep_locked_away-1.png

Black men kill more children with their bare hands each month than every accidental gun death in the country in a year.

Same argument could be used to put all men on estrogen.

Well you would be a lot safer.
But that isnt going to happen in my opinion.
But between the extremes of that and doing nothing there must be sensible steps that can be taken. you have suggested several yourself.
Again less then 100 kids a year die due accidental firearms use out of a population of 320 million, it is NOT a problem. Hundreds die in pool drownings shall we ban pools?

Same argument could be used to put all men on estrogen.

^^^^ Matthew's solution is to turn men into faggots by putting them on estrogen, that is already a failure because the Antifa are mainly faggots and look how prone to open violence they are.

It is the American way,
Ad yet less then 100 kids a year die due accidents with firearms out of 320 MILLION people. More die from drowning then that what ever shall we do? Ban bathtubs and pools?

It is the American way,

It is collective guilt. As you can see on this thread that people do not care as long as it is not their own kids getting shot.
Guns could be made safer and small changes could be made to the way guns are sold and stored. But people dont seem to want to protect kids.

Less than 100 from accidents with firearms so now you are including murder and suicide.

It is the American way,

"1300 kids die from guns every year - "nothing can be done""

^^^^ Tragic ACCIDENTS.

"15 people killed by isis in the US last year - Its a different story."

^^^^ Murder DELIBERATE, and yes Terrorism IS a different story.

"It defies rational analysis."

Not to normal people normal people comprehend and are able to tell the difference between ACCIDENTS and MURDER by TERRORIST attacks.

How do you know there was no gang involvement? Do you know if the father was a gang member, because criminals rarely store or use their guns in a safe manner, and most gun deaths of children revolve around the criminal activity of the parent.

New Topics

Forum List

Back