CDZ Keeping the kids safe.

The people in the U.S. nowadays who are running around calling themselves simply "Christians" are members of a cult, a cult that misrepresents the entire Christian faith. They follow cult leaders like graham, perkins, jeffress, dobson, hagee. That's cult all right.

The people in the U.S. nowadays who are running around calling themselves simply "Christians" are members of a cult, a cult that misrepresents the entire Christian faith. They follow cult leaders like graham, perkins, jeffress, dobson, hagee. That's cult all right.
Wrong as usual go pedal your nonsense in a thread about that.

Wrong as usual go pedal your nonsense in a thread about that.

These people are cult. They are not Methodists, or Lutherans, or Catholics, or Orthodox, or Episcopalian, or Presbyterian, or anything else. They have a bogus cult going that is not based on the teachings of Jesus and is worthless. They have no reason to remove the spirituality from the Christian faith. This cult is empty.

Talladega 5-year-old dies after accidental shooting

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home....How are kids protected against the stupidity of their parents ?

That's one part of the problem of gun-related deaths. It's not possible to protect kids when their parents callousness, insouciance, disinterest, etc. are the aids, abbetments and sources of danger to which children are exposed. Although no parent is required or expected to get everything right all the time, all parents are expected to make no decision so ill conceived, so inaptly executed, so negligent....so wrong that their kids cannot recover and nonetheless thrive in the wake of them.

Modern societies have implemented myriad implements that help keep kids safe from parental stupidity: child-resistant caps, interior trunk release pull cords, child safety seat laws, auto-stopping electric windows, myriad devices having auto-off functionality, etc. In spite of seeing value in having such things on the accoutrements of modern household life, the gun industry and society in general will broker no similar modes of precaution with regard to guns.

Insofar as there is no way to stop stupid parents from doing stupid things, kids will die. I have resigned myself to the fact that, at least at present, America, in general simply care that that happens. Accordingly, I don't really know why when it happens it even makes it into the news. What's the point? The U.S. had the Las Vegas shooting and the word form the WH was that then wasn't the time to talk about it. There was all that hoopla about bump stocks and where did that go?

Annually, kids die from their parents' careless gun handling/storage, and what's been done about it? Not even so much as a law holding parent criminally accountable for such negligent behavior. If not enough people care, why bother wasting time talking about it. Kids die because their parent mishandle guns. Get over it. That's the resonantly and immutably implicit message from the American electorate.

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home....How are kids protected against the stupidity of their parents ?

That's one part of the problem of gun-related deaths. It's not possible to protect kids when their parents callousness, insouciance, disinterest, etc. are the aids, abbetments and sources of danger to which children are exposed. Although no parent is required or expected to get everything right all the time, all parents are expected to make no decision so ill conceived, so inaptly executed, so negligent....so wrong that their kids cannot recover and nonetheless thrive in the wake of them.

Modern societies have implemented myriad implements that help keep kids safe from parental stupidity: child-resistant caps, interior trunk release pull cords, child safety seat laws, auto-stopping electric windows, myriad devices having auto-off functionality, etc. In spite of seeing value in having such things on the accoutrements of modern household life, the gun industry and society in general will broker no similar modes of precaution with regard to guns.

Insofar as there is no way to stop stupid parents from doing stupid things, kids will die. I have resigned myself to the fact that, at least at present, America, in general simply care that that happens. Accordingly, I don't really know why when it happens it even makes it into the news. What's the point? The U.S. had the Las Vegas shooting and the word form the WH was that then wasn't the time to talk about it. There was all that hoopla about bump stocks and where did that go?

Annually, kids die from their parents' careless gun handling/storage, and what's been done about it? Not even so much as a law holding parent criminally accountable for such negligent behavior. If not enough people care, why bother wasting time talking about it. Kids die because their parent mishandle guns. Get over it. That's the resonantly and immutably implicit message from the American electorate.
It certainly looks that way. Technology should make it possible to make guns safe when not in use. This would ensure that even the most stupid parents have a safety net.

It certainly looks that way. Technology should make it possible to make guns safe when not in use. This would ensure that even the most stupid parents have a safety net.
Technology should make it possible to make guns safe when not in use. This would ensure that even the most stupid parents have a safety net.
So one would think, but I can assure you the gun lobby doesn't agree, and the people who care more about their guns than do about kids being killed by guns owned by their parents agree with the gun lobby, and over the past 30 years or so, they've managed to convince Congress that they are right.

This would ensure that even the most stupid parents have a safety net.
Let's not kid ourselves. Those parents already have a safety net. It's called don't keep a gun in a place where there's any chance at all that minors can access it. One way to do that is to simply not own one.

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home.

Police responded to a scene at 7:30 a.m. to find the boy suffering from a single gunshot wound, according to the officials. They sent the child to Citizen's Brookwood/Baptist Medical Center where he was pronounced dead around 8:30 a.m.

On Friday, Busby identified the victim as Michael Swain, Jr. Swain was found to have accidentally shot himself with a handgun he found in the home.

So this isnt gang related or drug related. No criminal activity at all apart from the gross negligence of the parents.

And yet this happens every day.

Are there any laws to protect Michael and the hundreds of other victims ? Are you required by law to keep your guns in a safe place ?

How are kids protected against the stupidity of their parents ?

Well in Merry OIde England the govt has REMOVED the parents from involvement in legal or medical decisions about their children.. The barristers are now the nannies... Not certain that's the SOLUTION --- are you??
That isnt true.
It is.
No it isnt. I have brought up 3 kids and my wife and I made every decision in regard totheir health.

Until you NEED to take them OUT of BHS for experimental or "non standard of care treatment".. Then they not only object to your choices -- but they take legal GUARDIANSHIP of the child and prohibit YOU from doing anything about it.. Same with legal proceedings. They define the child's relation with legal representation and making the legal decision for you..
Thank you for clarifying.You are now talking about extreme cases and in the example being used on here it was an extreme case where the child would have undergone needless suffering. Even the quack punting the treatment admitted it would not have helped the child.
Sometimes parents dont know best.

Technology should make it possible to make guns safe when not in use. This would ensure that even the most stupid parents have a safety net.
So one would think, but I can assure you the gun lobby doesn't agree, and the people who care more about their guns than do about kids being killed by guns owned by their parents agree with the gun lobby, and over the past 30 years or so, they've managed to convince Congress that they are right.
My phone switches off if I dont use it for 10 minutes. How difficult is that to implement and save 500 kids a year. They would do it if it made them more money.

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home.

Police responded to a scene at 7:30 a.m. to find the boy suffering from a single gunshot wound, according to the officials. They sent the child to Citizen's Brookwood/Baptist Medical Center where he was pronounced dead around 8:30 a.m.

On Friday, Busby identified the victim as Michael Swain, Jr. Swain was found to have accidentally shot himself with a handgun he found in the home.

So this isnt gang related or drug related. No criminal activity at all apart from the gross negligence of the parents.

Are there any laws to protect Michael and the hundreds of other victims ? Are you required by law to keep your guns in a safe place ?

Why is it that a kid killed by an accidental gunshot due to neglect is more important than a kid who is poisoned or drowns due to parental neglect?

Why is it that a kid killed by an accidental gunshot due to neglect is more important than a kid who is poisoned or drowns due to parental neglect?
It isnt. But its a different thread. Why dont you start one ?

My phone switches off if I dont use it for 10 minutes. How difficult is that to implement and save 500 kids a year. They would do it if it made them more money.
That's a good enough question, but I'm not the one you need to ask, and I have't got an answer other than "apparently so hard that the gun lobby isn't willing to require something(s) measurably effective be done to that end."

We have seven children in our home and also guns. Never had an accident or anything close to one because we are responsible, keep the guns away from them and have taught them gun safety. They all know repercussions will be swift and severe if they mess with any of the guns.

Every time some idiot lets a child do this out of neglect the left whines, wails and moans.

but at least this time the OP didn't try to blame the NRA for it

So you are obviously a responsible adult who ensures the safety of your kids.

But not all kids are that lucky. What could be done to better protect them ?

Should the steps that you take be mandatory ?

There is no way to enforce such a law unless of course you are advocating random home searches.

Accidents happen. Even the most skilled and highly trained people in the world can have an accident.

Throw the parents of the kid in jail for negligent manslaughter

No this thread is about parental negligence causing the death of a child.

Government has no business in overriding parent's descions for their child's healthcare. None

Not always. On March 23, 2008, in Wisconsin, 11 year old Kara Neumann died a painful and horrible death due to diabetes, because her faith healing parents would not allow her to get treated for it. Not even pain medication. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Neumann_case They were later found guilty of second-degree reckless homicide. Wisconsin Couple Sentenced in Death of Their Sick Child
`
pSzbNJ7.jpg

`
As a mother of three, I champion parental rights BUT not the murder of a child.

We had guns in the house when I was growing up. My father had a "bullet trap" in the basement, for target practice with his pistol and rifle. He allowed me as a very young girl to pull the trigger as he aimed. He kept his guns locked away in leather cases with padlocks on them, and only he had a key. He also taught me that no gun was ever to be aimed at any other living thing unless absolutely necessary for survival. He had no need to hunt, as he earned a salary and we had a grocery store available. He saw no glory in killing.

In this day, the possession of a gun is approached flippantly and irresponsibly. It's considered a matter of being "cool," accompanied by the absurd idea that we all live in a crime-ridden society in which jackals will be climbing in through the living room windows at any moment, like some old black-and-white horror movie. So go join some raggamuffin "militia", otherwise known as a gang, march around in cammies, spray your bullets around in the woods, and leave your gun on the coffee table, where your two-year-old can grab it. Our society is circling the drain.

Note to all: whether in greater New York, greater Little Rock, greater London, greater Liverpool, ghoulies are not coming through the transom. There is no reason that parents should use this totally irrational fear as an excuse for endangering their children. If you have a reason to own a gun, handle it as one would a bomb liable to go off in your child's hand.

Your Thread title: Keeping the kids safe.

Government has no business in overriding parent's descions for their child's healthcare. None

Not always. On March 23, 2008, in Wisconsin, 11 year old Kara Neumann died a painful and horrible death due to diabetes, because her faith healing parents would not allow her to get treated for it. Not even pain medication. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Neumann_case They were later found guilty of second-degree reckless homicide. Wisconsin Couple Sentenced in Death of Their Sick Child
`
pSzbNJ7.jpg

`
Absolute parents rights condones genital mutilation. That cant be right. Neither can it allow the right to leave loaded guns around for kids to play with.

`
pSzbNJ7.jpg

`
Absolute parents rights condones genital mutilation. That cant be right. Neither can it allow the right to leave loaded guns around for kids to play with.
What is your solution to fgm?

`
I own four guns. I also hunt in season. I made damn sure they were always locked up. Furthermore, all my daughters are trained in how to safely operate a weapon.

Forum List

Back