CDZ Keeping the kids safe.

Talladega 5-year-old dies after accidental shooting

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home.

Police responded to a scene at 7:30 a.m. to find the boy suffering from a single gunshot wound, according to the officials. They sent the child to Citizen's Brookwood/Baptist Medical Center where he was pronounced dead around 8:30 a.m.

On Friday, Busby identified the victim as Michael Swain, Jr. Swain was found to have accidentally shot himself with a handgun he found in the home.

So this isnt gang related or drug related. No criminal activity at all apart from the gross negligence of the parents.

And yet this happens every day.

Are there any laws to protect Michael and the hundreds of other victims ? Are you required by law to keep your guns in a safe place ?

How are kids protected against the stupidity of their parents ?

Kids need to be protected from their own, and your, stupidity.
What part of "accidental" do you not understand?
If there was a failure by the parents it was a failure to teach and supervise. There thousands of other ways children can and do find to accidentally kill or harm themselves. Do you whine about all of them as well?

Now you want to outlaw stupidity?

How about outlawing the stupidity of not making kids wear seatbelts while riding in a car?

the stupidity of driving drunk, while kids are in the car?

the stupidity of allowing kids to go swimming without adult supervision?

or a thousand other ways adults show their stupidity in regards to kids?
I am asking questions in the CDZ in the hope it can be discussed in an adult way.

that's what the CDZ is for.

Cars, drunk drivers, swimming pools, are more dangerous than guns to children.

That's why I brought them up
Perhaps they deserve their own threads ?
This one is about the danger of guns in the home.
Less then 500 deaths a year due to accidental firearms shooting out of 320 MILLION people I would say we are pretty safe now.
When would it become a problem for you ? 1000 ? 5000 ?
Nope. Again the chance of it happening is so small as to be meaningless. You are claiming a problem where none exists. Do the math dumb ass 500 out 320million. Abd actually less then 50 kids die a year so we are talking 10 percent of that.

No it isnt. I have brought up 3 kids and my wife and I made every decision in regard totheir health.
I doubt your offspring experienced every health condition known to man, so no. Don’t you even read the news? Maybe Pink News doesn’t cover such stories?

What was that English baby called Tilly where it had this obscure disease and his parents raised the money to take him to America because multiple American hospitals say they could perhaps help the baby and the British Government and the NHS outlawed that babys parents from taking him to America and they instead AGAINST the parents wishes were going to pull the life support and they did and the baby died, we had several threads at this forum about that baby but I cannot remember what his name was, do you remember?

^^^^ Here it is that English baby was named Charlie Gard and we had multiple threads about this baby last year.

8ls2_qDqT6mxdCrtLWg7tw.png

Full article:

The story of Charlie Gard
But...but...but...It didn’t happen to Tommy’s kids so it didn’t happen :rolleyes:
You dont know anything about my children so refrain from commenting about them.

No it isnt. I have brought up 3 kids and my wife and I made every decision in regard totheir health.
I doubt your offspring experienced every health condition known to man, so no. Don’t you even read the news? Maybe Pink News doesn’t cover such stories?

What was that English baby called Tilly where it had this obscure disease and his parents raised the money to take him to America because multiple American hospitals say they could perhaps help the baby and the British Government and the NHS outlawed that babys parents from taking him to America and they instead AGAINST the parents wishes were going to pull the life support and they did and the baby died, we had several threads at this forum about that baby but I cannot remember what his name was, do you remember?

^^^^ Here it is that English baby was named Charlie Gard and we had multiple threads about this baby last year.

Full article:

But...but...but...It didn’t happen to Tommy’s kids so it didn’t happen :rolleyes:
Well I know what you told us when you yourself raised them as evidence that no other children and parents in the U.K. have experienced interference and dictats regarding their children’s medical treatment. Clearly you can’t expect posters to ignore what you raise as ‘evidence’ for supporting your nonsense claim.
I’d suggest you don’t do that if you don’t want to receive a response to your ‘example’ of ‘evidence’ :poke:

Full article:

Well I know what you told us when you yourself raised them as evidence that no other children and parents in the U.K. have experienced interference and dictats regarding their children’s medical treatment.
Don’t do that if you don’t want to receive a response to your ‘example’ of ‘evidence’ :poke:
The claim was that the state had taken over all decision making. I proved it wasnt true. Leave my kids out of it.

Full article:

Tilly was being sarcastic in her response to you, because of this previous exchange in this thread:

sQFxGVrNQ2eJMoXbCvCjJw.png

^^^^ FCT correctly stated that in Britain the Government is now removing the parents RIGHT to be involved in legal and medical decisions involving their OWN children - see posted links in this thread to Alfie Evans and Charlie Gard - you then said that is not true, Tilly then said it is you then responded it is not because you and Mrs. T have brought up three children and you have made every decision in regard to their health ie. because you have not EXPERIENCED a situation then it DOESN'T happen and/or IS NOT happening.

So Tilly was being sarcastic when she commented the below:

LGgo6HACSLuKhopShatZ9A.png

Full article:

She made no comment about your children, she made a comment about you.

Full article:

Well I know what you told us when you yourself raised them as evidence that no other children and parents in the U.K. have experienced interference and dictats regarding their children’s medical treatment.
Don’t do that if you don’t want to receive a response to your ‘example’ of ‘evidence’ :poke:
The claim was that the state had taken over all decision making. I proved it wasnt true. Leave my kids out of it.
You proved nothing, but instead used a statement that you hoped nobody would refute because you deliberately involved your family in it, and then, hoping your ruse prevented any response, you could pretend you ‘won’ the argument. Lol.
Unfortunately for you, The gvmnt and lawyers have indeed taken the parents out of the equation for some medical decisions, and your personal experience doesn’t change that.
If you insist on using your personal experience in an effort to prove a point, of course we have a right to respond and point out the silliness of your argument - which is basically if it didn’t happen to my children, it didn’t happen to anyone else’s :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Government has no business in overriding parent's descions for their child's healthcare. None

Full article:

^^^^ You were the one who mentioned your three children to begin with when you attempted to tell FCT he was posting horsecrap about the British Government taking away a PARENTS RIGHTS to make legal and medical decisions for their OWN children you said he was posting crap because that has not happened to you personally.

Full article:

She made no comment about your children, she made a comment about you.

Tommy is making a bad attempt to say Tilly is attacking his family which would be against forum rules, I think anyone reading the exchanges in this thread can see that in no way was Tilly attacking Tommy's family and yes she made the comment about Tommy in response to his previous comment to FCT that I Screen Shot that entire exchange.

Government has no business in overriding parent's descions for their child's healthcare. None

And also just because someone has not personally experienced that happening to them does not mean it is not being done to other parents with their childrens healthcare.

So here we have another infant "accidentally" shot with a gun that he found in the home.

Police responded to a scene at 7:30 a.m. to find the boy suffering from a single gunshot wound, according to the officials. They sent the child to Citizen's Brookwood/Baptist Medical Center where he was pronounced dead around 8:30 a.m.

On Friday, Busby identified the victim as Michael Swain, Jr. Swain was found to have accidentally shot himself with a handgun he found in the home.

So this isnt gang related or drug related. No criminal activity at all apart from the gross negligence of the parents.

Are there any laws to protect Michael and the hundreds of other victims ? Are you required by law to keep your guns in a safe place ?

Kids die in vehicles when left unattended in hot weather. A five year old is NOT an infant. People probably keep their kids away from you don't they.

Full article:

You brought them in and referencing HOW you did that is acceptable quit claiming otherwise.

Well in Merry OIde England the govt has REMOVED the parents from involvement in legal or medical decisions about their children.. The barristers are now the nannies... Not certain that's the SOLUTION --- are you??
That isnt true.
It is.

Until you NEED to take them OUT of BHS for experimental or "non standard of care treatment".. Then they not only object to your choices -- but they take legal GUARDIANSHIP of the child and prohibit YOU from doing anything about it.. Same with legal proceedings. They define the child's relation with legal representation and making the legal decision for you..

Allowing children to be around homosexuals is far more dangerous.

Allowing a child around RELIGION is by far the most dangerous! The concept of god all together should be banned.

Didn't know how to rate your post. There is some good to some religions, in terms of channeling a person's spiritual experience and allowing people to explore the spiritual side that each individual has.

However, we have seen the experience of religion being prostituted incredibly in this day and age, particularly among some people referring to themselves as Christians and Muslims, in order to bring more evil into the world. Parents have to keep their children safe in this environment, but also the parents need to recognize that they, themselves, could be sucked into these cult environments and drag their children along with them, and be vigilant to not do so. Religion is a competition now, which is awful.

It's a double edged-sword. On one hand, religious cults are trying to recruit the children. This is why we see school systems trying to slip sectarian propaganda into the everyday lives of their students when their parents are not around. At the same time, the parents themselves become involved in cults themselves and teach their kids to sacrifice themselves and their futures to the cult, like the girls who are being taught at home to remain uneducated virgins until they are married off to some guy who claims to be a "leader" and orders the girl to lay down for him on command and spout babies for him. Duggars, Gothard, Duck guys chasing teenagers, Mormon off-shoots telling little girls to "stay sweet," and then beating their teens when they refuse to marry the "man" picked for them, etc.

Religion can be both good and bad.

Forum List

Back