Kavanaugh Confirmation > 61-39 To Confirm

So what you mean is: you disagree and you don't like it. But OSHA is not in the Constitution, he's dead right about that. Of course, you would know more about the Constitution than he does, amirite? Being the Constitutional Scholar and lifelong lawyer and judge like he is. I mean.....right???
That's not the issue and you're trying to bullshit your way through this conversation. It's not about whether OSHA is in the Constitution, it was created by Congress in 1970 and signed into law by Richard Nixon. And the Constitution clearly states Congress has the authority to make any law to maintain the general welfare of the country.

Anything not in the Constitution is left to the States. That federalism. It's not that OSHA unlawful; it's that it should be left to the states. And so should Roe v. Wade, by the way.

That is so much bullshit and you know it.

Don't think so ? Consider that 10 Democrat Senators are in RED STATES that went solidly for Donald Trump in 2016. Consider also that Judge Kavanaugh is President Trump's person pick. So do Senators in 10 states really want to go against the majority of their voters, and right smack dab before the 2018 election ? The answer to that is an unequivocal "No". But don't let just me tell it to you. All you hardened leftists can instead listen to your beloved New York Times tell it to you, by clicking the link at the bottom if this page. View attachment 218170

Byron Dorgan, a former Democratic senator from North Dakota said >>This close to an election, having an issue this significant out there, it’s not helpful at all to somebody running in a red state,”

This same uneasiness was voiced by Natalie Tennant, a Democrat and former West Virginia secretary of state who ran for the Senate there in 2014. Referring to Senator Manchin, she said: “It’s not easy, if he votes no, people will think he’s against Trump. If he votes yes, they’ll think he’s for Trump."

Senate Republicans may have less to worry about than the liberal media would have us believe. One always has to look past them to get at the truth. In this case, the New York Times, to their credit, has shown more honesty on the subject than most of their liberal media colleagues.

For Red-State Democrats, Accusation Against Kavanaugh Scrambles Midterm Calculus
39% of the country is against his confirmation. 38% are for it.

I'm glad you Dumb ASSES believe these bull shit polls...…

You would have thought you would have learned your lesson

with TRUMP STOMPING the LIVING SHIT out of CROOKED hillary.....

Trump did not stomp Clinton. It was a very close election. Had Clinton got 2% more in every state, she would have won. The fact is that Americans hated both candidates.

Most like yourself are ignorant of our form of Government.

Our Founding Fathers were Brilliant beyond belief,

that’s why we have the electoral college

and President Donald J. Trump……………

306 electoral votes to 232 electoral votes is

a historic ASS STOMPING within the context of all the misleading polls…

Like many I thought of Trump as a Joke, I was a Cruz man….

Trump has made a believer of me…

Trump exposed the fact that we had one party masquerading as two.

Trump is no doubt the BEST PRESIDENT in my lifetime…..

History will prove you anti Trumpers as Fools and Zealots….

It was not a ass-stomping. The margins in a number of states was razor thin. Had Clinton won 2% more in every state she would have won. That is how close it was.

So what you mean is: you disagree and you don't like it. But OSHA is not in the Constitution, he's dead right about that. Of course, you would know more about the Constitution than he does, amirite? Being the Constitutional Scholar and lifelong lawyer and judge like he is. I mean.....right???
That's not the issue and you're trying to bullshit your way through this conversation. It's not about whether OSHA is in the Constitution, it was created by Congress in 1970 and signed into law by Richard Nixon. And the Constitution clearly states Congress has the authority to make any law to maintain the general welfare of the country.

Anything not in the Constitution is left to the States. That federalism. It's not that OSHA unlawful; it's that it should be left to the states. And so should Roe v. Wade, by the way.

There you have it, the woman who just proclaimed that she knows more about the Constitution than Brett Kavanaugh just called the Tenth Amendment OF THAT SAME CONSTITUTION "Bullshit".

Sweetheart, that's the Tenth Amendment, you know. Anything not in the Constitution goes to the states. The Tenth Amendment. The Bill of Rights.

This is really why we're done--the gross ignorance of our citizenry.

Don't think so ? Consider that 10 Democrat Senators are in RED STATES that went solidly for Donald Trump in 2016. Consider also that Judge Kavanaugh is President Trump's person pick. So do Senators in 10 states really want to go against the majority of their voters, and right smack dab before the 2018 election ? The answer to that is an unequivocal "No". But don't let just me tell it to you. All you hardened leftists can instead listen to your beloved New York Times tell it to you, by clicking the link at the bottom if this page. View attachment 218170

Byron Dorgan, a former Democratic senator from North Dakota said >>This close to an election, having an issue this significant out there, it’s not helpful at all to somebody running in a red state,”

This same uneasiness was voiced by Natalie Tennant, a Democrat and former West Virginia secretary of state who ran for the Senate there in 2014. Referring to Senator Manchin, she said: “It’s not easy, if he votes no, people will think he’s against Trump. If he votes yes, they’ll think he’s for Trump."

Senate Republicans may have less to worry about than the liberal media would have us believe. One always has to look past them to get at the truth. In this case, the New York Times, to their credit, has shown more honesty on the subject than most of their liberal media colleagues.

For Red-State Democrats, Accusation Against Kavanaugh Scrambles Midterm Calculus

Unless they're not up for reelection in 2018 and that they don't actually like Trump.

It’s such bullshit that the liberals come up with the bullshit allegations now. It’s a disgrace. When he gets in I can’t wait for him to fuck the liberals every chance he get. He is not going to forget this witch hunt. Liberals better grow eyes in the back of there heads. There pissing the wrong people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. That’s the spirit! You know the fucker won’t be impartial as a judge...and you like that.

Idiot.

After the bullshit the Democrats are pulling on him. Pay back is a bitch. Asshole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. That is how idiots see justice. Idiot.

Not with the popular vote.
We do not elect presidents via the popular vote

Didn't you know that?

We do elect congressmen and senators via the popular vote. These polls are very germane.

but the post was not about congressman or senators

and it has been proven that congress doesn't care what you think so really the popular vote doesn't matter in cases of congressman and senators

I love the difference in right wing reactions 20 years apart in regards to the following statement...

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

There you have it, the woman who just proclaimed that she knows more about the Constitution than Brett Kavanaugh just called the Tenth Amendment OF THAT SAME CONSTITUTION "Bullshit".

Sweetheart, that's the Tenth Amendment, you know. Anything not in the Constitution goes to the states. The Tenth Amendment. The Bill of Rights.

This is really why we're done--the gross ignorance of our citizenry.

The trouble is that you do not even have my sex right. The fact is that the federal government has the right to regulate the workplace as well as the workplace. I also assume you have heard of the Interstate Commerce laws. You cannot have 50 different workplace safety or environmental laws. Just because the founding fathers omitted something from the Constitution does not mean they mean they meant for it to be handled by the states. There is the general welfare clause of the Constitution that makes OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies legal. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and Kavanaugh is a far right wing extremist.

Didn't you know that?

We do elect congressmen and senators via the popular vote. These polls are very germane.

and it has been proven that congress doesn't care what you think so really the popular vote doesn't matter in cases of congressman and senators

Congressmen and Senators are elected by popular vote. The people taking polls are the same ones who got the popular vote right in the Presidential race. When they say Republicans are in trouble for the midterms, they have it right.

any mentions of popular vote margins are utterly irrelevant
No they're not. They indicate Trump doesn't have the support of the majority of the country.

So what?

In regards to being elected president the support of majority of the country is irrelevant

You are wrong. Trump narrowly won several states. Trump won Wisconsin and Michigan by less than 1 percentage point. That is 26 electoral votes which takes you down to 276. Trump won Pennsylvania by less than 1.5 percentage points. Take that away and Trump loses. If Trump's approvals are in the upper 30's it becomes harder to distribute that vote in a way to get 270 electoral votes. Especially when you consider his support is above that in traditional red states.

I love the difference in right wing reactions 20 years apart in regards to the following statement...

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
The DIFFERENCE IS, they both have histories. Bill Clinton's history is well known and the accusation fit his "character." These accusations only fit the Democrat Party's lack of character.

Didn't you know that?

Congressmen and Senators are elected by popular vote. The people taking polls are the same ones who got the popular vote right in the Presidential race. When they say Republicans are in trouble for the midterms, they have it right.

It doesn't matter which party is in power because neither one gives a flying or any other kind of fuck what the people want and no matter who is in power the debt will rise as it has in every administration since Coolidge.

So it doesn't matter who you vote for because you're going to get the same things

A congress that doesn't care what you think and more debt

any mentions of popular vote margins are utterly irrelevant
No they're not. They indicate Trump doesn't have the support of the majority of the country.

So what?

In regards to being elected president the support of majority of the country is irrelevant

You are wrong. Trump narrowly won several states. Trump won Wisconsin and Michigan by less than 1 percentage point. That is 26 electoral votes which takes you down to 276. Trump won Pennsylvania by less than 1.5 percentage points. Take that away and Trump loses. If Trump's approvals are in the upper 30's it becomes harder to distribute that vote in a way to get 270 electoral votes. Especially when you consider his support is above that in traditional red states.

The popular vote has nothing to do with the electoral college votes.

You do know the electors can pick anyone they want to don't you?

Forum List

Back