Kars 4 (Jewish) Kids

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Corrupt charity Kars4Kids spent only 12k of the 3 million it raised in Minnesota on charity.

90% of the funds donated to Kars4Kids were diverted to OORAH , an organization that sends Jewish kids to camp

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-attorney-general-finds-that-less-than-1-percent-of-donations-to-kars4kids-charity-goes-to-minnesota-kids/421323363/

our modern corrupt government allows 1% of a charity to go to the cause. Kars4Kids gave less that that.

let's see what happens to them , my guess, nothing

I will let them pass, I donated my car to NPR instead. NPR. Because I love the car guys and wait wait don't tell me. And I voted for, wait, wait...Trump.

Corrupt charity Kars4Kids spent only 12k of the 3 million it raised in Minnesota on charity.

90% of the funds donated to Kars4Kids were diverted to OORAH , an organization that sends Jewish kids to camp

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-attorney-general-finds-that-less-than-1-percent-of-donations-to-kars4kids-charity-goes-to-minnesota-kids/421323363/

our modern corrupt government allows 1% of a charity to go to the cause. Kars4Kids gave less that that.

Kars 4 Kids takes donations and spends the money on children.

Kars 4 Kids took donated cars and spent the money on camp for guess who? Kids.

What's the problem?

What's the problem?
It could have been a coincidence that 90% of the kids they gave money for happened to be Jews.

What's the problem?
If the money was used to send Jewish kids to Jewish camp, it's a big problem. Ya'll need a plaintiff up there in Minnesota.

I heard their commercials on the radio a few years ago (sort of drove me nuts) but had forgot about them since I made the switch to NPR. I never thought about donating to them but when I do donate to any organization I look for information on how the money will be used.
Kars4Kids - Wikipedia.

Kars4Kids is a multinational non-profit national car donation organization based in Lakewood, New Jersey and Toronto, Ontario which donates most of its proceeds to Oorah, an organization whose mission is "to give Jewish children and their families opportunities to connect with their rich heritage and traditions."[1] Kars4Kids is a United States based 501(C)3 non-profit organization.[2] It is a gold level participant in GuideStar's information exchange,[3] receives Charity Navigator's "poor" rating of one out of a possible four stars,[4] and has been criticized for inadequately disclosing its religious mission.[5] It was founded in 1994 by Rabbi Chaim Mintz.

What's the problem?
If the money was used to send Jewish kids to Jewish camp, it's a big problem. Ya'll need a plaintiff up there in Minnesota.

How is it a "big problem"?

Explain this lawsuit you imagine.

The only corrupt govt here -- is the massive tax loophole for donating junker cars that enabled this. Probably killed the Kars4Kids program when Obama Admin did the "cash for clunkers" stimulus.

The issue is that people didn't really CARE about the organization -- they were doing it SOLELY to get the tax write-off and were LAZY... THERE'S your problem.. Because had they CHECKED -- they would have gotten MANY reviews of this organization..

What's the problem?

How is it a "big problem"?

Explain this lawsuit you imagine.
I know how I'd go about it if I were the attorney, that's all, and it would be for more than damages and attorney fees.

Ohh so the big piss off is because it benefits Jewish children. Aww not everything can pay off black thuglets.

Ohh so the big piss off is because it benefits Jewish children. Aww not everything can pay off black thuglets.
It is a matter of being transparent about where the money is going and an independent inquiry into the charity gave it low marks for transparency. It would be better if they called themselves as the title suggested: Kars-for-Jewish-Kids.

It is a matter of being transparent about where the money is going and an independent inquiry into the charity gave it low marks for transparency. It would be better if they called themselves as the title suggested: Kars-for-Jewish-Kids.

They're no doubt a shady charity. But they're not breaking any laws.

They're no doubt a shady charity. But they're not breaking any laws.

Per the link in post #8:

Since 2010 when CharityWatch last wrote about Kars4Kids and the more than $100,000 it paid related to misleading advertising claims in Oregon and Pennsylvania, news reports have identified Kars4Kids and/or Oorah in connection with additional cases involving legal accusations or other questionable financial dealings. These include getting caught up as victims in an alleged Ponzi scheme related to speculating on real estate development; Oorah losing a federal lawsuit over more than $300,000 in allegedly unpaid scholarship funds; an ongoing payment dispute with the Young Israel of Eltingville synagogue that includes tax fraud allegations against Oorah; and Kars4Kids paying to settle claims of trademark infringement.
(and)
Given all of these issues, it is no surprise that Kars4Kids and Oorah together have averaged almost $500,000 a year in legal fees from 2009-2015. Kars4Kids alone reported spending over $670,000 in legal fees in 2015, which is when it “reached an agreement under the terms of a trademark infringement settlement in which Kars 4 Kids Inc. was required to make certain payments in exchange for specific trademark rights,” according to its audited financial statements.

Forum List

Back