Justin Amash forms exploratory team for 3rd party run

This would be a dream come true. He would most definitely have my vote.

(CNN)Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.

I won't. The choice is between Trump and Biden. A vote for anyone else is a vote for Trump. Trump must go.
Good luck with that. The rest of us can happily laugh at either of those clowns.
I will presume you're a Cheap Labor Slave Wage Globalist,
If not, please explain why you're different than any other Libertarian.
You need to work on your openers.
Every Libertarian I know and see on Fox is a Cheap Labor Slave Wage Globalist.
I asked a simple question and you provided an ad hominem.
Very not Libertarian of you.
I'm sure what you know of libertarianism could fit into a thimble. Regardless, when you open with a variation of, "Are you a piece of human trash like every other libertarian I've heard of..." you can't really expect anyone to care what you think.
I have more than enough Libertarians in my suburban town.
They say the US should not intervene in other nations business but that a business can do whatever it wants unfettered by any level of governmental law.
They are also complete scumbags when it comes to how they treat their employees and the chain of labor.

Do you fit into the scumbag category?
If you don't, simply say so.
If you provide yet another ad hominem, it means I touched a raw nerve and Libertarians are supposedly pure Logic.
Did you know that libertarians, along with the rest of the logical population, do not believe that you get to define what anyone else's response means?
You are admitting no two libertarians define themselves the same way.
Thus, the label "Libertarian" is meaningless.
Unfortunately, the Libertarians I know all think in concert because all they truly want is money!
By the way, Libertarians love police.
Libertarians are individualists? No two people think exactly the same way? Big if true.
So don't expect what you expect if a Libertarian ever becomes President.
I don't expect a Libertarian to ever become president. Or, rather, I don't expect a libertarian to ever become president.
Only because most American voters are too stupid. They are stuck in the duopoly and can’t get out.
Maybe. Maybe it's primarily because election laws written by Republicans and Democrats purposefully and unfairly exclude other parties and independent candidates. Maybe it's primarily because the American system can really only fit two broad-spectrum political parties. Maybe we're just bad at promoting ourselves electorally. Whatever the case may be, a genuine libertarian will never be President of the United States.
I’d like to think a good candidate whether libertarian or not, could do very well in this election. Many Americans are feed up with Trump, including republicans. All D voters hate Donnie, but most know Sniffy is terribly flawed. That opens up an lane for a third candidate, but the deck is purposely stacked against a non duopoly candidate.

Had Bernie not sold out to the elites and D party, he might have had a chance.
I'm sure you meet a lot of people at the park who agree with you while you're feeding the pigeons.
I live in Nassau County and the Trump bumper stickers are everywhere.
So you think ALL republicans and cons love a Trump. Is that right?
There is no difference between Rs and Cs except for talking points that they don't live by,
I thinks Rs & Cs would love another GW.
I think 9/10 of the stuff you blame Trump for is bullshit.
I voted for dumb Don, but only because I thought him the lesser evil. Problem is, he’s still evil.

I was a dumb con like you long ago, then I got informed. I know how you fools think.
Can you define Con?
I truly don't think you know what you mean.
Really...define Con...please.
You’ve forgotten that you and I agreed on a lot, when Ears was potus. I was very critical of O and consider him one of our worst presidents. But unlike you, I’m not beholden to a party or politician. That’s what dummies do. So, I can see that Donnie sucks.
I still agree you on 95+% of your posts.
I simply don't see why you think Trump isn't at least trying to get done what he ran on.
I don't know where you got the impression that I cater to either Party.
After Trump, I probably won't vote for President again.
I’m done voting. It clearly makes no difference.

(CNN)Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.

I won't. The choice is between Trump and Biden. A vote for anyone else is a vote for Trump. Trump must go.
Good luck with that. The rest of us can happily laugh at either of those clowns.
I'm sure what you know of libertarianism could fit into a thimble. Regardless, when you open with a variation of, "Are you a piece of human trash like every other libertarian I've heard of..." you can't really expect anyone to care what you think.
They say the US should not intervene in other nations business but that a business can do whatever it wants unfettered by any level of governmental law.
They are also complete scumbags when it comes to how they treat their employees and the chain of labor.

If you provide yet another ad hominem, it means I touched a raw nerve and Libertarians are supposedly pure Logic.
Did you know that libertarians, along with the rest of the logical population, do not believe that you get to define what anyone else's response means?
Unfortunately, the Libertarians I know all think in concert because all they truly want is money!
Libertarians are individualists? No two people think exactly the same way? Big if true.
I don't expect a Libertarian to ever become president. Or, rather, I don't expect a libertarian to ever become president.
Only because most American voters are too stupid. They are stuck in the duopoly and can’t get out.
Maybe. Maybe it's primarily because election laws written by Republicans and Democrats purposefully and unfairly exclude other parties and independent candidates. Maybe it's primarily because the American system can really only fit two broad-spectrum political parties. Maybe we're just bad at promoting ourselves electorally. Whatever the case may be, a genuine libertarian will never be President of the United States.
I’d like to think a good candidate whether libertarian or not, could do very well in this election. Many Americans are feed up with Trump, including republicans. All D voters hate Donnie, but most know Sniffy is terribly flawed. That opens up an lane for a third candidate, but the deck is purposely stacked against a non duopoly candidate.

I'm sure you meet a lot of people at the park who agree with you while you're feeding the pigeons.
I'm sure.

There is no difference between Rs and Cs except for talking points that they don't live by,
I voted for dumb Don, but only because I thought him the lesser evil. Problem is, he’s still evil.

I was a dumb con like you long ago, then I got informed. I know how you fools think.
Can you define Con?
You’ve forgotten that you and I agreed on a lot, when Ears was potus. I was very critical of O and consider him one of our worst presidents. But unlike you, I’m not beholden to a party or politician. That’s what dummies do. So, I can see that Donnie sucks.
I simply don't see why you think Trump isn't at least trying to get done what he ran on.
Until Trump ran against both parties I was also not going to vote.
1 Party pretending to be 2 Parties partying out of our site.

I really don't know how you expect to have any meaningful dialogue with anybody if this is the way you are going to characterize people. Why don't you grow up

That’s rich coming from you. You trash liberals and conservatives on a daily basis. Talk about cognitive dissonance

Can you define Con?
Problem is Trump’s policies aren’t much different from O or W. Massive deficit spending, absurd war department budgets, love for Wall Street nothing for Main Street or the people, still nothing on HC, continued imperialism around the world, dumb aggressive policies and heinous sanctions against Russia, Venezuela, Iran, and China.

Nothing changes no matter who’s elected.

Sounds good to me. He's an independent who is often more aligned with conservatives. Throw him in there and take away the Never Trumper republicans.

The Never Trumper Republicans will vote for Biden if Justin isn't running. And hence the problem. Hey I like the guy. I like him better than Biden. But the reality is he can't win, he'll split the vote and Trump will get a catastrophic second term.

Most people will not waste their vote. They will vote for Biden not Amish.

Not good news.

Amush is a turn coat. Republicans have a problem with Republicans who change party's during their term of election
A "turn coat"? Isn't the proper term "Heretic"?
a turncoat would be someone who changed party's in midterm

Two things: The Libertarian Party convention is currently scheduled to be at the end of May, so it's a little late to be announcing now but he's by far the biggest name of the bunch running so that's a decided advantage. That said, delegates may not like that he waited until the last minute to join the party when he could have done the moment he left the Republican Party. Secondly, Amash is from Michigan. It's possible he could cost Trump the state this go around. That's what he might bring to this election.
Actually being a turncoat makes even more unelectable with Republicans
You mispelled "heretic". #Becauseitsacult
projecting the democrat party mentality towards obama get's you no where sport

Not good news.

Amush is a turn coat. Republicans have a problem with Republicans who change party's during their term of election
Yes, we need our politicians to be one with the party. Any politician who strays from party doctrine, must be expunged.

Are you a former Soviet communist?
Again the Republicans who were elected were done to support the President.
You want to claim it communist style? I say fuck you when the President is trying to do good for the country and Amush broke tanks with the enemy.
Go fuck your dog
Interesting things you think of.
I wouldn’t call that thinking.
But...it's what he does.
Worshiping obama was a democrat thing, cultist

Not good news.

Yes, we need our politicians to be one with the party. Any politician who strays from party doctrine, must be expunged.

Are you a former Soviet communist?
Again the Republicans who were elected were done to support the President.
You want to claim it communist style? I say fuck you when the President is trying to do good for the country and Amush broke tanks with the enemy.
Go fuck your dog
Interesting things you think of.
I wouldn’t call that thinking.
If you would shut the fuck up and think before you post you wouldn't sound so brainless.

Can you define Con?

What site is that?

Can you define Con?
Problem is Trump’s policies aren’t much different from O or W. Massive deficit spending, absurd war department budgets, love for Wall Street nothing for Main Street or the people, still nothing on HC, continued imperialism around the world, dumb aggressive policies and heinous sanctions against Russia, Venezuela, Iran, and China.

Nothing changes no matter who’s elected.

We don't have a War Department and your claiming we do is a testament to your lack of credibility. The rest of your post is your typical BS.

Sounds good to me. He's an independent who is often more aligned with conservatives. Throw him in there and take away the Never Trumper republicans.

The Never Trumper Republicans will vote for Biden if Justin isn't running. And hence the problem. Hey I like the guy. I like him better than Biden. But the reality is he can't win, he'll split the vote and Trump will get a catastrophic second term.

You really need to lay off the drugs. When Biden can't put together a complete coherent sentence, why would anyone vote for him?

So what? You could have voted for a libertarian in pretty much any presidential election in the last half century. Go for it if you feel you need to waste your vote.

You really need to lay off the drugs. When Biden can't put together a complete coherent sentence, why would anyone vote for him?

You were saying?

You’re right, most people won’t, but most people don’t need to. Ask Jill Stein.

Forum List

Back