Hawaii wildfires: Maui's emergency leader RESIGNS citing 'health reasons' a day after claiming it didn't matter his team didn't set off island's siren

He should have run down the streets with a flame thrower. Way easier to interpret.
Ha! Good one! Sometimes the answer is much easier to grasp onto than political dysfunction being the culprit!

Stop blaming a D or an R and blame baby jesus for his careless inaction!

A fire advancing any faster than people can run is going to catch people. They say this thing was moving at up to 60 mph. Even the bast case scenario would have still had an appalling death toll.
Add to that.
There is really no place to run except the water.
Screenshot_20230817-161148_Maps.jpg

Only one major road passing through the town with a bypass road that just circles around. From what I read, that road 3000 was already closed from utility work.
Cell towers were probably taken out by the fires and winds.

Add to that.
There is really no place to run except the water.
View attachment 816356
Only one major road passing through the town with a bypass road that just circles around. From what I read, that road 3000 was already closed from utility work.
Cell towers were probably taken out by the fires and winds.

Infrastructure in Hawaii is terrible, on every island. Like most DemoKKKrat-run places, it looks like the third world in many spots.

Moving in the wrong direction is just as bad as not moving.

Some things once started you can't stop. I'm more interested in the waffling over using water or not and if that allowed the fires to get out of control.

No, it isn't. If you are moving you can change direction. If you aren't moving the fire is upon you before you have a chance to see it coming. Those who are moving are OUTSIDE. That means they can at least see what is happening.

Obviously, there was a level of incompetence in how the local authorities responded to the fire in Maui.

But it’s literally embarrassing that posters here (and elsewhere) are fantasizing about some retarded theory about satellites, space lasers and deep state false flag bull shit.

No, it isn't. If you are moving you can change direction. If you aren't moving the fire is upon you before you have a chance to see it coming. Those who are moving are OUTSIDE. That means they can at least see what is happening.

Maybe you, but a panicky crowd all running to high ground TOWARDS where the fire is coming from is not a simulation exercise using "ideal people"

Obviously, there was a level of incompetence in how the local authorities responded to the fire in Maui.

But it’s literally embarrassing that posters here (and elsewhere) are fantasizing about some retarded theory about satellites, space lasers and deep state false flag bull shit.

My view is it just shows the degradation of our institutions when they are more worried about woke and flashy statements of supporting whatever is the cause of the day than doing their actual boring fucking jobs.

Maybe you, but a panicky crowd all running to high ground TOWARDS where the fire is coming from is not a simulation exercise using "ideal people"

Being trapped between fire and the ocean is a literal nightmare scenario, which makes it all the more criminal that the Hawaiian authorities (virtually all DemoKKKrats, of course) had NO plan for dealing with that possibility. "Just let them die" seems to be the local government's strategy.

My view is it just shows the degradation of our institutions when they are more worried about woke and flashy statements of supporting whatever is the cause of the day than doing their actual boring fucking jobs.
I wasn’t referring to your post. I was talking about the posters who repost dumb “articles” about how green lasers from space deliberately caused the fire in some false flag attempt to stir up panic about global warming

I wasn’t referring to your post. I was talking about the posters who repost dumb “articles” about how green lasers from space deliberately caused the fire in some false flag attempt to stir up panic about global warming

Understood, just trying to get my views in on a semi-related post in the thread.

It doesn't take green lasers, or much of anything, to get the idiots stirred up and panicking about "global warming".

It doesn't take green lasers, or much of anything, to get the idiots stirred up and panicking about "global warming".
I’ll agree with this.

It is dumb-ass theories like the space laser crowd that give the entire Right wing a reputation as being undereducated rubes

No one is that stupid. I worked as a Hot Shot when I was in college. When a fire like that is coming it is a wave of heat that you can't push against.

Where in the world has government adopted measures that could have saved the thousand to eleven hundred dead people?

I'm offering you a way of convincing me and others. You could be right but you're not getting any closer to being right by baying at the moon with marvin.

Not to be excessively rude but you need to put up or stfu!
It's pretty simple .. the Maui disaster was 100% the fault of local officials and bureaucracy: the emergency management official, who wasn't qualified to be in the role -- probably a diversity hire -- did not warn residents a wildfire was raging and government refused to approve the use of water as a fire fighting method.

No one is that stupid. I worked as a Hot Shot when I was in college. When a fire like that is coming it is a wave of heat that you can't push against.

A person is fine, a group of people are idiots.

Remember rule 1 of engineering/people management: You can never make anything idiotproof because the world will always come up with an improved idiot.

Forum List

Back