Justify This Opulent Expense...... Leftist Hypocrites

Not on the taxpayers dime. No.

The only part of the trip that's on the taxpayer's dime is security. Air Force One, Secret Service, etc - all for security reasons. Do you think it's unreasonable to protect the the first family?

What would be no piggish is for the Obama's to realize the massive expense these vacations cost the taxpayers, in time of economic demise, and stay the fuck home.

Plus, aren't they supposed to be environmentalists? How many thousands of miles do jets fly for them a year?

The only part of the trip that's on the taxpayer's dime is security. Air Force One, Secret Service, etc - all for security reasons. Do you think it's unreasonable to protect the the first family?
When you bring enough personnel to occupy Paris.... yes. If it requires so much to protect them, then they should either pony up for the extra detail OR not be allowed to go.

Until you prove that all of those 40-or-so other people are being paid for on the taxpayer's dime, I'll assume that Michelle's 40 friends are paying their own way, seeing as how that's the law. The Press Corps too - they (or the sources they work for) pay their own way.
Excuse me? Secret service HAS to go. And with all the 'heightened danger' to the first family, they have expanded the royal guard... I mean secret service to move like an armed camp. Plus they move in at least a week in advance as SOP for securing locations. Those people are paid for out of the public coffers, not her private pocket or their own pocket. Then there is the funding of extra local police protection and the fast maintenance work to streets and places along their planned route. (I have seen it happen first hand) with the welding of sewer lids and blocking of streets, rerouting of certain municipal service vehicles) and then you have the extra expense to spend time doing security sweeps of all the buildings she will be in.

This ain't free you know. It comes out of someone's pocket, and that pocket is the taxpayers.

Now you may want to pretend that this isn't so, but too many people have experienced it or witnessed it being done or been inconvenienced by it. It isn't as bad as if the President was there... but the First Lady is still a sensitive human resource, now mobile, overseas where there is a greater likelihood of something happening IF it is to happen.

The only thing I DO know the first family has to pay for is their own food and cooking service while in the White House except during state functions. Explains the slough of parties they throw. Good food on the tax payer's dime.

Excuse me? Secret service HAS to go. And with all the 'heightened danger' to the first family, they have expanded the royal guard... I mean secret service to move like an armed camp.

heightened danger? Wasn't that hopey changey thing supposed to make him & the missus beloved the world over?

What would be no piggish is for the Obama's to realize the massive expense these vacations cost the taxpayers, in time of economic demise, and stay the fuck home.

Plus, aren't they supposed to be environmentalists? How many thousands of miles do jets fly for them a year?

They fly their flipping DOG around, separate from themselves.

Excuse me? Secret service HAS to go. And with all the 'heightened danger' to the first family, they have expanded the royal guard... I mean secret service to move like an armed camp.

heightened danger? Wasn't that hopey changey thing supposed to make him & the missus beloved the world over?

You notice the chimp isn't taking their daughter to the ME, or Venezuela, or North Korea.

Stop calling me n word

:lol: you are so uneducated. Tell us all again how you have an MBA.......

I didn't call you a ******

and you were calling people white trash and had no problem with that, indicating that you do indeed believe ****** is a racist term but white trash is not.

Fool.

Apparently, her friends arrived on their own. Seems the only thing the US is paying for is the jet ride and the Secret Service.

She is paying for her own personal expenses. She is a private citizen. The US sends bodyguards as a courtesy and provides safe transportation because she is the wife of the president of the United States and the mother of his daughter.

Someone called her a "Pig"? Only shows how disgusting Republicans can be.

First Lady Michelle Obama Reserves 60 Rooms at Luxury Resort in Spain | Famecrawler

On the "BRIGHT" side, you would think Republicans would be happy that a couple of “blacks” where out of the “WHITE” House for a while.

Stop calling me n word

and you were calling people white trash and had no problem with that, indicating that you do indeed believe ****** is a racist term but white trash is not.

Fool.

No, you said, "****** racist". Apparently, not the same thing.

Stop calling me n word

Fool.

No, you said, "****** racist". Apparently, not the same thing.

You're a total zero. I clearly wasn't calling the idiot a ******. I was stating that it seems that he considers ****** to be racist, while he doesn't consider white trash to be racist.

Apparently, her friends arrived on their own. Seems the only thing the US is paying for is the jet ride and the Secret Service.

She is paying for her own personal expenses. She is a private citizen. The US sends bodyguards as a courtesy and provides safe transportation because she is the wife of the president of the United States and the mother of his daughter.

Someone called her a "Pig"? Only shows how disgusting Republicans can be.

First Lady Michelle Obama Reserves 60 Rooms at Luxury Resort in Spain | Famecrawler

On the "BRIGHT" side, you would think Republicans would be happy that a couple of “blacks” where out of the “WHITE” House for a while.

what a disgusting thing to accuse the American people of.
you really are low class. just like the boyking and his wife you worship so.

michelle gets these trips with her friends because barry needs time to satisfy his homosexual urges.

michelle gets these trips with her friends because barry needs time to satisfy his homosexual urges.

Why are you complaining? It gets you invited to the White House doesn't it?

These assholes are incorrigible..... The Obamas are typical of the idiot "New Money" people that win the lottery and are broke the next year......... we need to take away their stinking credit cards! Hillary Clinton made a classier and better looking first lady....... that's pathetic.

Michelle Obama Criticized as "Modern-day Marie Antoinette" Over Spain Vacation - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Michelle Obama Criticized as "Modern-day Marie Antoinette" Over Spain Vacation
Posted by Brian Montopoli

Andrea Tantaros has penned a scorching editorial for the New York Daily News deeming First Lady Michelle Obama a "modern-day Marie Antoinette" for her vacation in Spain with her daughter.

"The First Lady is spending the next few days in a five-star hotel on the chic Costa del Sol in southern Spain with 40 of her 'closest friends,'" Tantaros writes, pointing to a CNN report that Michelle Obama and her group are expected to occupy 60 to 70 rooms. "Not exactly what one would call cutting back in troubled times."

Tantaros goes on to criticize the first lady for traveling abroad instead of within the United States, something that would help the U.S. economy.

"Michelle Obama seems more like a modern-day Marie Antoinette - the French queen who spent extravagantly on clothes and jewels without a thought for her subjects' plight - than an average mother of two," she writes. "... I don't begrudge anyone rest and relaxation when they work hard. We all need downtime - the First Family included. It's the extravagance of Michelle Obama's trip and glitzy destination contrasted with President Obama's demonization of the rich that smacks of hypocrisy and perpetuates a disconnect between the country and its leaders."

According to the White House, Mrs. Obama is traveling with minimal staff and a small group of family friends for a mother daughter trip long in the works.

The FIrst Lady's press office referred to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' statement at the White House briefing yesterday that "the First Lady is on a private trip."

"She is a private citizen and is the mother of a daughter on a private trip," he said. "And I think I'd leave it at that."

CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller reports the C-32A (757) the First Lady used to fly to Spain - one of the planes that usually serves as Air Force Two, and sometimes Air Force One - operates at a Department of Defense reimbursement rate of $11,351 per hour.

So a 6.5 hour flight to Spain would run $73,781.50 - double for the round trip.

People on private trips do not fly on government owned planes. These people are some arrogant pieces of shit. Oh here comes Bert to "defend all women" . Fucking morons.

if its a private trip, they pay for it themselves.

perhaps the moron is the angry O/P?

Forum List

Back