Justify This Opulent Expense...... Leftist Hypocrites

Opulent? This is opulent:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMsSIjQXxo]YouTube - ‪Opulence, I has it‬‎[/ame]

Once Michelle has a mini giraffe in her purse, I'll be outraged. :eusa_hand:

Okay, let's broaden it to any destination, and then you get to prove that I was ok with the Repubs or anyone else doing it. Hint, I'm not, it's disgusting and I think any that do it should be thrown in jail.

Since you only joined the board in 2010, you wouldn't have been in on any discussions of Bush vacation costs. However, your ommissions here speak as eloquently as your submissions. Nowhere is there any attempt to put it in context, or blast the whole presidential vacation process of the job. No. It only seems to matter if it's Obama.

If you're "disgusted" you are certainly mild about it - where are the cries of Queen Laura? Pig Laura? ohhhh the hypocrisy :D

There are no cries of such because much as I thought Dubya was a shitty President I thought Laura was a classy first lady. she never made statement like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGalQ1YdcI]YouTube - ‪Barack Hussein Obama wife MICHELLE OBAMA Proud of Country!‬‎[/ame]

nor did she prance around like a pampered Chimp and preach to others that they would need to sacrifice during this recession and then take TWO vacations to Europe in one year.

Did Laura and George ever spend $15 grand to have some jerkoff fly halfway across the country to make them pizza? Did Laura have a personal stylist on staff at a salary of $50K a year? Paid for by us of course?

Can you just for once, just be honest? I mean it's sickening.

A 20-second out of context blip from a longer speech.

hehe...no wonder you guys worship not-so-bright-bart :)

"I mean it's sickening"

Since you only joined the board in 2010, you wouldn't have been in on any discussions of Bush vacation costs. However, your ommissions here speak as eloquently as your submissions. Nowhere is there any attempt to put it in context, or blast the whole presidential vacation process of the job. No. It only seems to matter if it's Obama.

If you're "disgusted" you are certainly mild about it - where are the cries of Queen Laura? Pig Laura? ohhhh the hypocrisy :D

There are no cries of such because much as I thought Dubya was a shitty President I thought Laura was a classy first lady. she never made statement like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGalQ1YdcI]YouTube - ‪Barack Hussein Obama wife MICHELLE OBAMA Proud of Country!‬‎[/ame]

nor did she prance around like a pampered Chimp and preach to others that they would need to sacrifice during this recession and then take TWO vacations to Europe in one year.

Did Laura and George ever spend $15 grand to have some jerkoff fly halfway across the country to make them pizza? Did Laura have a personal stylist on staff at a salary of $50K a year? Paid for by us of course?

Can you just for once, just be honest? I mean it's sickening.

A 20-second out of context blip from a longer speech.

hehe...no wonder you guys worship not-so-bright-bart :)

"I mean it's sickening"

Who worships Breibert? Honestly before the Sharrod story broke I didn't even know who he was, nor did I care, I still don't care. He's some rich idiot with a blog, big deal, lots of those out there.

And apparently unlike you, WE all knew that no one should take campaign promises seriously.

first off, who's WE? so basically, Obama just did a better job lying than mccain? a lot of people who don't vote got out and voted becauses they actually did believe in obama. hopefully they won't make that mistake again.

"WE" - that was in response to Sitarro's use of the word "Your boy". Guess that flew over your head.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm glad he won. He's doing a better job than Bush did, or McCain would have. But rhetoric is rhetoric, and anyone paying attention doesn't take it seriously.

Every President claims he's going to change "the tone", or something equally asinine.

so basically obama got elected because millions of people weren't paying attention. i'd agree with that. these idiots actually believed obama would be different than any other president. they didn't see him for the chicago-style politician that he really is.

can you give me an example of a president who ran so strongly against his predecessor, than went on to continue so many of his policies? i'm sure it's happened before, i just can't recall it.

Did Laura have a personal stylist on staff at a salary of $50K a year? Paid for by us of course?

Laura Bush had 25 assistants and cost more than $1.5 mill per year.

If you look at Fact and not Faux, you will find there is very little difference in their manner of spending when it came to "entourage" and staff.

first off, who's WE? so basically, Obama just did a better job lying than mccain? a lot of people who don't vote got out and voted becauses they actually did believe in obama. hopefully they won't make that mistake again.

"WE" - that was in response to Sitarro's use of the word "Your boy". Guess that flew over your head.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm glad he won. He's doing a better job than Bush did, or McCain would have. But rhetoric is rhetoric, and anyone paying attention doesn't take it seriously.

Every President claims he's going to change "the tone", or something equally asinine.

so basically obama got elected because millions of people weren't paying attention. i'd agree with that. these idiots actually believed obama would be different than any other president. they didn't see him for the chicago-style politician that he really is.

can you give me an example of a president who ran so strongly against his predecessor, than went on to continue so many of his policies? i'm sure it's happened before, i just can't recall it.

I'd say almost every single one.

Oh wow. Shame on Mrs. Obama for having the audacity to use her own money to pay for a private trip.

Before faux comparisons to Marie Antoinette, I strongly suggest wingnut Tanteros put down her poison pen and learn a bit about the history she is attempting to make comparisons to.

Interestingly, I can't find any stinging commentary from Ms. Tanteros on the many Bush vacations, including those during the bombing economy.

How are the private jets, the increased number of secret service, motorcades, etc, using her own money?

Her Eurpoean luxury tour is estimated to have cost taxpayers about $250,000. Of course the White House won't tell the taxpayers how much it costs them.

She is a pig. At a time of terrible economic times, she is living it up, and costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

When you complain about the private vacations of Republican presidential families during hard economic times, you might - just might - have a point. But we all know you excuse the pigs in your own party.

So a 2 worngs make a right kinda guy...

When you complain about the private vacations of Republican presidential families during hard economic times, you might - just might - have a point. But we all know you excuse the pigs in your own party.

Laura Bush went to Europe during this recession? I don't remember that.

And lest we forget...Obama wants us all to tighten our belts. The fat cats must be punished.

Except his nearest and dearest. They can exploit the American people all they want because they're SPECIAL.

obama is part and parcel of the corrupt Illinois political machine, did you expect anything different?

Did Laura have a personal stylist on staff at a salary of $50K a year? Paid for by us of course?

Laura Bush had 25 assistants and cost more than $1.5 mill per year.

If you look at Fact and not Faux, you will find there is very little difference in their manner of spending when it came to "entourage" and staff.

The economical climate was vastly different.

the libtards for fools for calling out first lady bush, and the wingnuts are fools for calling out michelle.
Batshit crazy both far right and far left.
But hacktastically funny. thanks

Have any of you seen FIRST HAND what goes on with security with the obamas? I have and its sickening!

Is it any different than EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT?

And just how PROMISED he was going to DIFFERENT from every other president? Who was supposed to be the CHANGE?

Please show me any other first lady who has ever done this? Is she the change and example of the NEW first lady's actions?

How are the private jets, the increased number of secret service, motorcades, etc, using her own money?

Her Eurpoean luxury tour is estimated to have cost taxpayers about $250,000. Of course the White House won't tell the taxpayers how much it costs them.

She is a pig. At a time of terrible economic times, she is living it up, and costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

So a 2 worngs make a right kinda guy...

Nope. Just exposing double standards, as per your predictable response :)

i'm sure your right. but if you could just give me a few examples. i've come across bush's foreign policy pledge not to be interventionsist like clinton. can you give me a few other things he crticized clinton for then continued?

Bush spends millions of taxpayer money to go to Texa, Camp David, Kennebuckport
....as he left the White House for weekend jaunts at taxpayer expense. Bush spent less time in 8 years of his presidency in Washington than any other president.

And how many times did Bush fly to his ranch during his two terms, and how much did THAT cost taxpayers?

The right wing carping about President Obama's Saturday sojourn to New York is so altogether predictable that the only surprise would have been if they'd remained uncharacteristically silent and not made an issue out of it.

But it raises a more interesting question: Why didn't we hear one whimper of carping on all of those occasions when George W Bush flew off on Air Force One to his Texas ranch, Camp David, Kennebunkport, or wherever else he chose to go during the weekends of his presidency? If memory serves correctly, Bush spent less actual time in Washington during his two terms in office than any other president in recent history.

So why didn't we hear any complaints from the Republican side of the aisle, or the ring-wing lunatics, when Bush was spending all of those valuable taxpayer dollars on his own weekend escapades? Could it be because he was a Republican?

All other possible explanations for this apparent oversight are welcome.

This may been a year ago, but that doesn't change the fact that Bush used millions of dollars to travel around the country for weekend get-a-ways.​

The hypocrisy of all this is hysterical.

Point of fact - most Presidents work pretty damn hard at one of the highest stress jobs possible and they and their families are in constant spotlight of their critical opponants and the media.

So what if they take a freakin' vacation? They're using a great deal of their personal money to pay for it, the rest comes with the job. Screw the hypocrites intent on partisan bashing and and whether it's a Bush or an Obama - let them enjoy their vacations. I don't blame any of them and I don't envy them their jobs.

And who is on this little Euro trip? The president or his WIFE and posies.

i'm sure your right. but if you could just give me a few examples. i've come across bush's foreign policy pledge not to be interventionsist like clinton. can you give me a few other things he crticized clinton for then continued?

Military and Intelligence spending. He criticised Clinton's military, saying it was underfunded, then proceeded to spend exactly the same amount, until 9/11.

Can't justify the expense. I'd like to know why we are paying for the reporters to be with her. Seems a bit silly to me.

I'd think the same thing if Bush was the President. We need to stop with these absurd spending sprees. The President and his family aren't royalty. They are Citizens chosen to serve the people for a time. They aren't better than the least of us.

It's not about eating cake. Remember, she warned us that we'll have to give up some of our pie so others can have a bigger piece.

i remember that. Now she's having her cake and eating it too.

Can't justify the expense. I'd like to know why we are paying for the reporters to be with her. Seems a bit silly to me.

I'd think the same thing if Bush was the President. We need to stop with these absurd spending sprees. The President and his family aren't royalty. They are Citizens chosen to serve the people for a time. They aren't better than the least of us.

Do you think that the First Family shouldn't be allowed to take vacations?

Forum List

Back