Justifiable Homicide defense of Abortion doctor killing.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Justifiable homicide defense eyed in Roeder's case - Yahoo! News

Did not read it all just enough to see this turd has a lawyer that thinks such a defense will work. Unbelievable. I hope if they try this he gets an even LONGER sentence.

I am absolutely against elective abortions. They are wrong on all counts. But claiming one is justified in murdering a doctor that preforms a LEGAL procedure no matter how much you oppose the procedure is absolutely ignorant.

I will read this in a sec.

It absurd that anyone would even defend him let alone waste the time and money on a trial.
So I guess if someone shot him they are justified as well because they are protecting doctors of future shootings.

No, the turd most likely has a lawyer who is taking his money and therefore has the duty to come up with the best defense his client will, hopefully, cooperate with or at least agree to. Whether it's likely to succeed is irrelevant, if it's the best he's got. In that case, it's just a job.
Or less likely but possible, the lawyer's another crackpot belonging to and paid for by the extreme lunatic fringe Roeder belongs to and they are using him to get publicity for the Cause. The birfers find lawyers who are also True Believers, after all. :cuckoo:

Interesting theory. It wont fly. But as a defense attorney, sometimes we have to be creative to do our job. Everyone has a right to be defended. not just the people you like.

Thats such a bogus defense though. I understand you're a lawyer and have some empathy for the guy but murder is murder in my book.

Hence why i dont like abortion or the death penalty....although child rapists make me question my death penalty stance.

Everyone has a right to be defended.

No, not the guilty. The fact that there are lawyers willing to try and defend people like this man boggles my mind. How do they sleep at night knowing they are trying to put murderers and rapists back on the street?

No, not the guilty. The fact that there are lawyers willing to try and defend people like this man boggles my mind. How do they sleep at night knowing they are trying to put murderers and rapists back on the street?

Most especially the guilty. The fact that you think no one deserves a right to defend themselve is what boggles my mind. John Adams defended the soldiers involved in the Boston Massacre, he even got a few of them off. Just because you dont like what they did doesnt mean they are any less entitled to certain rights than you are. The only time they can lose rights is with due process of the law.

I'm not in favor of abortions. I have nothing good to say about them or the doctors that perform them. I'm talking about selective abortions - not something that is really a medical problem for the pregnant woman. I'm also against murder. Shooting somebody in cold blood just because you disagree with them is never justified. I hope this criminal gets the electric chair. Lethal injection would be too kind in his case.

Did not read it all just enough to see this turd has a lawyer that thinks such a defense will work. Unbelievable. I hope if they try this he gets an even LONGER sentence.

I am absolutely against elective abortions. They are wrong on all counts. But claiming one is justified in murdering a doctor that preforms a LEGAL procedure no matter how much you oppose the procedure is absolutely ignorant.

Depends on what you call an "elective" abortion. Some conservatards simply don't care about the mother or the baby once it's born and consider EVERY abortion "elective".

What if the baby has no head. Is that an elective abortion? What if it has downs syndrome? What if it's missing all it's arms and legs? What if it's putting the mother at risk? Are these elective abortions?

The doctor who was viciously murdered in his church was thoroughly investigated and found to be completely within the law. That doesn't mean anything to the Confederate party.

Depends on what you call an "elective" abortion. Some conservatards simply don't care about the mother or the baby once it's born and consider EVERY abortion "elective".

What if the baby has no head. Is that an elective abortion? What if it has downs syndrome? What if it's missing all it's arms and legs? What if it's putting the mother at risk? Are these elective abortions?

The doctor who was viciously murdered in his church was thoroughly investigated and found to be completely within the law. That doesn't mean anything to the Confederate party.

I'm getting the feeling that you don't know what the terms "abortion" and "elective" really mean.

Interesting theory. It wont fly. But as a defense attorney, sometimes we have to be creative to do our job. Everyone has a right to be defended. not just the people you like.

But I would think you'd create a defence out of known facts wouldn't you? I mean they're customised, right? This bloke seems to be using a boilerplate defence.

Who is he defending? The unborn babies? If you saw a guy with a gun to a person's head on the street and you had a gun, would you shoot him?

You all hate the person who shot him -- terrible to kill and murder, right? Which is why many of you support war... or support the death penalty. Look at you guys! This guy killed someone out of cold blood to save lives and now you want this guy killed to.... save more lives! Either you hope this guy will be sentenced to life, or you hope this guy gets off scott free. You cannot hope this guy is put to death because then there will be no difference between you and this guy.

Who is he defending? The unborn babies? If you saw a guy with a gun to a person's head on the street and you had a gun, would you shoot him?

You all hate the person who shot him -- terrible to kill and murder, right? Which is why many of you support war... or support the death penalty. Look at you guys! This guy killed someone out of cold blood to save lives and now you want this guy killed to.... save more lives! Either you hope this guy will be sentenced to life, or you hope this guy gets off scott free. You cannot hope this guy is put to death because then there will be no difference between you and this guy.

No family.What a load of absolute BULLSHIT. You are a retard.

I'm getting the feeling that you don't know what the terms "abortion" and "elective" really mean.

that idiot doesn't know what a lot of things mean.

So if Osama bin Laden were caught, tried, and convicted, we would be at the same level as he is if we wanted the death penalty?

No justifiable homicide defense exists morally, ethically, or legally in this case.

Give him a fair trial, then let justice execute the sentence.

Forum List

Back