Justifiable Homicide defense of Abortion doctor killing.

You cannot hope this guy is put to death because then there will be no difference between you and this guy.

He should receive a fair trial and if he if found guilty executed.

Exactly. And how can he have a fair trial without being able to defend himself?
I never did criminal, but defense attorneys in cases like these get a very unfair bad rap. The system is set up for the defendant, no matter how guilty he is in the court of public opinion, to be legally innocent until the State meets the burden of proving him guilty.
Because he is legally innocent he is entitled to the best defense that can be made on his behalf, a knowledgable attorney to examine the evidence and cross-examine the witnesses against him, and a representative who knows and can guide the man through the sometimes bizarre procedures of the court.
Unless you would prefer all accused criminals be considered guilty until proven innocent, and a defense irrelevant? Then by all means, take him out back and hang him. It'll feel good for about a minute and a half, until they come for the next victim who really might be innocent and hang him too.
Defense attorneys don't always like their clients, but their role is fundamental to keep the system honest for the times when guilt really is in doubt - and to keep the entire process fair and the State doing its job even when it's not. Kangaroo courts dispensing vigilante justice are in nobody's best interests, no matter what kind of visceral reaction we might have to one person involved.

Justifiable homicide defense eyed in Roeder's case - Yahoo! News

Did not read it all just enough to see this turd has a lawyer that thinks such a defense will work. Unbelievable. I hope if they try this he gets an even LONGER sentence.

I am absolutely against elective abortions. They are wrong on all counts. But claiming one is justified in murdering a doctor that preforms a LEGAL procedure no matter how much you oppose the procedure is absolutely ignorant.

I will read this in a sec.

Roeder has court-appointed defense attorneys, but he apparently has now turned to Michael Hirsh, the lawyer who represented Paul Hill on appeal for killing a Florida abortion provider and his bodyguard in 1994. Hill was executed in 2003

Perhaps he should consider another lawyer...

You cannot hope this guy is put to death because then there will be no difference between you and this guy.

I never did criminal, but defense attorneys in cases like these get a very unfair bad rap. The system is set up for the defendant, no matter how guilty he is in the court of public opinion, to be legally innocent until the State meets the burden of proving him guilty.
Because he is legally innocent he is entitled to the best defense that can be made on his behalf, a knowledgable attorney to examine the evidence and cross-examine the witnesses against him, and a representative who knows and can guide the man through the sometimes bizarre procedures of the court.
Unless you would prefer all accused criminals be considered guilty until proven innocent, and a defense irrelevant? Then by all means, take him out back and hang him. It'll feel good for about a minute and a half, until they come for the next victim who really might be innocent and hang him too.
Defense attorneys don't always like their clients, but their role is fundamental to keep the system honest for the times when guilt really is in doubt - and to keep the entire process fair and the State doing its job even when it's not. Kangaroo courts dispensing vigilante justice are in nobody's best interests, no matter what kind of visceral reaction we might have to one person involved.

He has a right to be presumed innocent and should also have the right to have jurors aware of Jury Nullification.

He has a right to be presumed innocent and should also have the right to have jurors aware of Jury Nullification.

:lol:

Jury nullification happens whether the jurors are informed or not (and they're not). All it takes is one or two thick-necked rebels who don't care about the evidence. If that's the goal, that defense attorney should hope the prosecutor really, really sucks at jury selection. Although it sounds like he's hoping more for mitigation than getting the guy off completely.

Who is he defending? The unborn babies? If you saw a guy with a gun to a person's head on the street and you had a gun, would you shoot him?

You all hate the person who shot him -- terrible to kill and murder, right? Which is why many of you support war... or support the death penalty. Look at you guys! This guy killed someone out of cold blood to save lives and now you want this guy killed to.... save more lives! Either you hope this guy will be sentenced to life, or you hope this guy gets off scott free. You cannot hope this guy is put to death because then there will be no difference between you and this guy.

So if Osama bin Laden were caught, tried, and convicted, we would be at the same level as he is if we wanted the death penalty?

Yes. You cannot hope for death for someone who murdered people because then you're just like him.

Who is he defending? The unborn babies? If you saw a guy with a gun to a person's head on the street and you had a gun, would you shoot him?

You all hate the person who shot him -- terrible to kill and murder, right? Which is why many of you support war... or support the death penalty. Look at you guys! This guy killed someone out of cold blood to save lives and now you want this guy killed to.... save more lives! Either you hope this guy will be sentenced to life, or you hope this guy gets off scott free. You cannot hope this guy is put to death because then there will be no difference between you and this guy.

So if Osama bin Laden were caught, tried, and convicted, we would be at the same level as he is if we wanted the death penalty?

Yes. You cannot hope for death for someone who murdered people because then you're just like him.

Sure thing retard. Remind us how you don't support the killing of Arab Terrorists. Since you do support it I guess that means YOU are just like Arab Terrorists.

Sure thing retard. Remind us how you don't support the killing of Arab Terrorists. Since you do support it I guess that means YOU are just like Arab Terrorists.

And so you're pointing out that I'm a hypocrite. Fantastic. I could've told you that months ago. At least I'm man enough to admit it, punk.

If all of America thought like mindless right-wing drones like yourself, we would've been finished off a long time ago. Go ahead, go listen to Rush and Hannity, Savage and Beck. Go do it. Refill your desire for war against all countries, your hatred of all abortions, your hatred for the poor, feeble and weak... go out there and create your master race of right-wing loonies. sieg heil!

And so you're pointing out that I'm a hypocrite. Fantastic. I could've told you that months ago. At least I'm man enough to admit it, punk.

If all of America thought like mindless right-wing drones like yourself, we would've been finished off a long time ago. Go ahead, go listen to Rush and Hannity, Savage and Beck. Go do it. Refill your desire for war against all countries, your hatred of all abortions, your hatred for the poor, feeble and weak... go out there and create your master race of right-wing loonies. sieg heil!

Glad you can admit your faults, but dont project them on others. Just because you are a hypocrite doesnt mean anyone else is. Especially when we have a very explainable reason to believe what we believe.

It also be nice if you guys would consider listening to the talk radio people you bash so much. It makes you look less stupid when you go on about them like this.

From the link:

Roeder has court-appointed defense attorneys, but he apparently has now turned to Michael Hirsh, the lawyer who represented Paul Hill on appeal for killing a Florida abortion provider and his bodyguard in 1994. Hill was executed in 2003 after the Florida Supreme Court rejected Hirsh's argument that the judge should have allowed Hill to present to jurors his claim that the killings were justified to prevent abortions

The lawyer is a true believer and anti-choice nutter....

who says THIS on his website:

Planned Parenthood targets “human weeds” for abortion
Apples don’t fall far from the tree, the saying goes. And Planned Parenthood continues the genocidal eugenics program of its founder. Margaret Sanger founded what was then called The American Birth Control League in 1921. The name later changed – you guessed it – to Planned Parenthood.

Michael Hirsh: Planned Parenthood targets “human weeds” for abortion

justifiable homicide, my butt...

but at least we know now where allie gets her blather....

From the link:

Roeder has court-appointed defense attorneys, but he apparently has now turned to Michael Hirsh, the lawyer who represented Paul Hill on appeal for killing a Florida abortion provider and his bodyguard in 1994. Hill was executed in 2003 after the Florida Supreme Court rejected Hirsh's argument that the judge should have allowed Hill to present to jurors his claim that the killings were justified to prevent abortions

The lawyer is a true believer and anti-choice nutter....

who says THIS on his website:

Planned Parenthood targets “human weeds” for abortion
Apples don’t fall far from the tree, the saying goes. And Planned Parenthood continues the genocidal eugenics program of its founder. Margaret Sanger founded what was then called The American Birth Control League in 1921. The name later changed – you guessed it – to Planned Parenthood.

Michael Hirsh: Planned Parenthood targets “human weeds” for abortion

justifiable homicide, my butt...

but at least we know now where allie gets her blather....

Now that's scary. But it takes all kinds, I suppose. Going by the wonderful results he got for Hill, Roeder might have been better served staying with his court-appointed lawyers. ;)

Nope he isn't a baby raper. They could care less about some one killing an abortion provider or any adult for that matter. He'll probably just gang up Aryan Nation or some other bunch of kooks if he doesn't wind up on death row.

Jillian you should read more about your hero Margaret Sanger. The woman was at best a closet racist.

garyd, you clearly do not realize that most feminists of that period were racist, in that they were white and did not espouse generally the problems of females of color.

The Progressive Era did little for people of color.

Jake I mean as in KKK racist. I mean according to at least ne source I read she thought almost all abortions would be of black babies.

Did not read it all just enough to see this turd has a lawyer that thinks such a defense will work. Unbelievable. I hope if they try this he gets an even LONGER sentence.

I am absolutely against elective abortions. They are wrong on all counts. But claiming one is justified in murdering a doctor that preforms a LEGAL procedure no matter how much you oppose the procedure is absolutely ignorant.

Just because it's legal does not mean it's moral. Slavery used to be legal. This is a tough situation for all parties involved.

Just because it's legal does not mean it's moral. Slavery used to be legal. This is a tough situation for all parties involved.

Nothing tough about it. As far as I know it's not lawful for someone to kill another human being over a moral issue.

Nothing tough about it. As far as I know it's not lawful for someone to kill another human being over a moral issue.

Actually, it is. Morality is a code of conduct put forward by a society. If someone breaks into your home to harm your family, that conduct is considered immoral and it is legal for you to kill them. If you believe that life begins at conception and someone is killing off fetuses, that would be considered immoral to you.

Your version of morality and my version do not coincide. I don't want your version of morality legislating when it should be praying. The government does not have the right to impose its morals on another human being.

Forum List

Back