Justifiable Homicide defense of Abortion doctor killing.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RetiredGySgt, Aug 29, 2009.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Justifiable homicide defense eyed in Roeder's case - Yahoo! News

Did not read it all just enough to see this turd has a lawyer that thinks such a defense will work. Unbelievable. I hope if they try this he gets an even LONGER sentence.

I am absolutely against elective abortions. They are wrong on all counts. But claiming one is justified in murdering a doctor that preforms a LEGAL procedure no matter how much you oppose the procedure is absolutely ignorant.

I will read this in a sec.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    It absurd that anyone would even defend him let alone waste the time and money on a trial.
    So I guess if someone shot him they are justified as well because they are protecting doctors of future shootings.

3. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    No, the turd most likely has a lawyer who is taking his money and therefore has the duty to come up with the best defense his client will, hopefully, cooperate with or at least agree to. Whether it's likely to succeed is irrelevant, if it's the best he's got. In that case, it's just a job.
    Or less likely but possible, the lawyer's another crackpot belonging to and paid for by the extreme lunatic fringe Roeder belongs to and they are using him to get publicity for the Cause. The birfers find lawyers who are also True Believers, after all. :cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Neser Boha

Neser Boha upgrade your gray matter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    Take a good long look at the picture by the article. It's an example of fuckus stupidus - branch of homo sapiens, regrettably.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    The lawyer sounds like a one-trick pony, he has this wacky defence theory and is busy peddling it around the various jurisdictions.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Interesting theory. It wont fly. But as a defense attorney, sometimes we have to be creative to do our job. Everyone has a right to be defended. not just the people you like.

7. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Thats such a bogus defense though. I understand you're a lawyer and have some empathy for the guy but murder is murder in my book.

Hence why i dont like abortion or the death penalty....although child rapists make me question my death penalty stance.

8. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    No, not the guilty. The fact that there are lawyers willing to try and defend people like this man boggles my mind. How do they sleep at night knowing they are trying to put murderers and rapists back on the street?

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Most especially the guilty. The fact that you think no one deserves a right to defend themselve is what boggles my mind. John Adams defended the soldiers involved in the Boston Massacre, he even got a few of them off. Just because you dont like what they did doesnt mean they are any less entitled to certain rights than you are. The only time they can lose rights is with due process of the law.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,714
    I'm not in favor of abortions. I have nothing good to say about them or the doctors that perform them. I'm talking about selective abortions - not something that is really a medical problem for the pregnant woman. I'm also against murder. Shooting somebody in cold blood just because you disagree with them is never justified. I hope this criminal gets the electric chair. Lethal injection would be too kind in his case.